Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Kurt smiling while killing random orchis henchmen did not set well with me.
    That's his parents' genes acting up.
    "Cable was right!"

The Red Dragon

Can someone remind me when Stasis found out Firestar is a double agent?

Or did this happen off panel somewhere and we’re just supposed to roll with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Bingo

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Can someone remind me when Stasis found out Firestar is a double agent?

Maybe it happens in the Iron Man issue (#15 on 2/24) that has yet to release, which Duggan is also writing. She's been working with Tony undercover so my guess is Stasis finds out then and he holds her captive as leverage against the X-men

Haven't been following the book for a bit but when did the xmen just start blatantly killing people?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Haven't been following the book for a bit but when did the xmen just start blatantly killing people?
    Since the QC was dissolved and the Kill No Man law is no longer enforced. Who gon check them?

Well, that's what years/decades of struggles, suffering and death against you just for existing (with a couple of Genocides in-between) will do for you

ETA: I'm not saying the X-men killing recklessly is a-good
    But here, they are in the middle of a war for survival, with Orchis still aiming for their total eradication (and inflicting as much suffering as possible)..
    So, I won't shed a tear if they keep getting the Shadowcat treatment
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 02-14-2024 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Well, that's what years/decades of struggles, suffering and death against you just for existing (with a couple of Genocides in-between) will do for you

But here, they are in the middle of a war for survival, with Orchis still aiming for their total eradication (and inflicting as much suffering as possible)..
    ShadowKat pal, ShadowKat its make her more grungy or nu metal.

Technically we are not seeing the Xmen go to war the "Nation of Krakoa is at war with Orchis" "Techinacally" everything is good and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post

Im with you but Im also with the other posters that aid it was too OOC for Kurt to kill anyone. Thats just not in his nature and he wouldnt do it unless it truly was a matter of life or death for him which this wasnt. Him bamfing one random agent in space wasnt turning the tide for anything. If we wanted to be true to Kurt, he'd have teleported the gun out of the guy's hand or knocked him out from behind. The same result in terms of that battle would have been achieved but without compromising a core value of him
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-14-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im with you but Im also with the other posters that aid it was too OOC for Kurt to kill anyone. Thats just not in his nature and he wouldnt do it unless it truly was a matter of life or death for him which this wasnt. Him bamfing one random agent in space wasnt turning the tide for anything. If we wanted to be true to Kurt, he'd have teleported the gun out of the guy's hand or knocked him out from behind. The same result in terms of that battle would have been achieved but without compromising a core value of
    Yeah I’m fine with them being like, “it’s War let’s murk these bigots,” BUT Kurt is definitely the type to either not do it, or do it and feel immense shame or remorse afterwards.

They did put their serious faces on and say this means war in last issue. So I guess they dont mind killing ORCHIS who wants to kill them? Who konws.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m fine with them being like, “it’s War let’s murk these bigots,” BUT Kurt is definitely the type to either not do it, or do it and feel immense shame or remorse afterwards.
    It takes me back to this reveal from Second Coming

X-23 openly killed in front of him and he was horrified. Now I think he's a bit more evolved and wouldnt have the same reaction to the X-men killing given the circumstances, but he most certainly would not partake in it himself. Thats just a step too far

Ironically, I guess you could also look at it as them trying to say a message bc Kurt was against killing back then and ended up being killed as a result
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-14-2024 at 12:15 PM.

I hope it's something that is addressed later for Kurt once the dust finally settles. I go back and forth because on the one hand it's out of character for certain X-Men to easily kill, no doubt. On the other hand any Orchis soldier left alive could potentially circle back and kill mutants again including children. They've committed to the cause of mutant exile and/or extermination and are ready to kill not only mutants but humans as we saw at the Gala. I guess the X-Men could take prisoners but I don't know how feasible that is logistically at the moment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Since the story became about a human/AI genocidal war on Mutants and they became the victims of an enemy who is decisively winning.

The writers have put Mutants in a position where not killing would be insane and suicidal. They're killing soldiers during a war, but still trying to protect regular humans.

well "That Laura" was a "teenager" current Laura is a young adult.

The thing is this is not a XMEN team mission. this is a "country mission" as Emma said "OUR NATION is on the run" reffering to Krakoan. Its not the Xmen who are killing Orchis member is the "Krakoan Army" something like that. (Who happen to be almost all former xmen)