Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Polaris scenes
    Eden and Lactuca scene
    Alia Gregor scene

I liked those.

I do want to see bad ass Scott though. Im cool with hubby Scott. But I need HIM to show up and stop being a coach and letting everyone else do stuff or waiting for his wife.

I wonder if those ready to roast Polaris for being an evil murdering villian will eat their words?

Great issue. The art was off in some scenes though

Manifold segment confused me. What was going on when he punched Rogue and some other character appeared?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    In the Rogue and Gambit mini series last year.
    Seriously? I definitely didn't pick up that series.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder if those ready to roast Polaris for being an evil murdering villian will eat their words?

Manifold segment confused me. What was going on when he punched Rogue and some other character appeared?
    He was still waking up from his slumber. He says it out loud in the panel. To paraphrase: "im in a dream arent I" or some thing like that.

Sidebar: Did we not get Pepe because he was doing that vampire event?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I understand the criticisms of this, but I loved the Polaris bits. Lorna's always been impulsive, so seeing her deviating from their plan to bring the Brood, really worked for me.
    Lorna was really well written, her training sounds, and get plan flawlessly executed. Honestly the best part of his this issue playing out.

Sentinel City.... It's getting real

I do agree that it seems they rollout of this event got compromised for Brevoort starting and wanting everything done by July. Things that could have been in another lead-up issue are left to our imagination. Issues and timing not lining up.

Also love/intrigued that it was Gregor that saves Scott and not Jean. I mean, Jean is having a hell of a time in the WHR, so there's no way she can help Scott if she and the Phoenix are bleeding out.

What a mess. Duggan is not even trying anymore.
    He wrote a checklist of plots he needs to close and is doing it with no effort at all.
    And he will not stop until he makes EVERY X-men a cold-blood assassin. Poor Kurt was the last victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

So that was Lactuca, the Arakkii character that's on the Great Ring and who mostly just observed the recent Genesis War. Way back in X-Men Red #10 she appeared to him for the first time and they have some kind of kinship that hasn't been deeply explored yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's probably for the best...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The Polaris-Brood sequence reads like the preview did. I don't like the glee with they kill. I don't like how dehumanized the enemies are. How we are suppose to enjoy this, root for it. It has nothing do to do with the x-men characters, the war, their motivation. All of that is constructed to give us this story, so trying to find fault inside of the story is pointless. It has everything to do with what the fact that this is entertainment, entertainment we consume and what that tell us about ourselves as a society.

The coffee joke is parodying itself now. Lets give it a rest, please.

The sequence with Remy, Anna and Manifold is... not doing Duggan any favors. It's absurd because it starts with Remy invalidating the drama of the mini where the story was planted. The infamous Rogue&Gambit mini of 2022. A mini who came from Gerry Duggans ideas and was executed by Stephanie Phillips. As it stands now the only point of that mini was Maniflod being "saved", not how it happened or the drama that went with that. So if anyone asks if you should read it there is no point, absolutely no point. It read atrociously and now it even has no real plot bearing. I'm struggleing to classify it as anything else then a quick cash grab from marvel.
    Duggan also returns to the barren soil of his dynamic between Remy and Rogue: Remy does a joke about the situation. Anna makes a joke that derides him. He doesn't respond. Rinse and repeat.

The Logan&Peter plan felt like it missed some pages. Not the whole setup part as that was very much intended. It just came out of nowhere and went away as quickly. You find yourself wondering why? Was somethign cut due to pages limitations?

Something similair happend with Scott. He just showed up at the end and that cut was jarring. It certainly reads like the plot was split between X-men, Iron-man and FotHX and then it became a mess when trying to portion out the scenes. It reads like a collage more then a comic.

Alia Gregor is a character that has been put on the sidelines for to long and then when she reapears it feels rushed. Certainly her turn from issue 1 reads like it too has been cut short. Normally we would have gotten some scene with her in transistion between being suspicious and turning her back towards the organisation that her husband died for. However warranted it might be.

The art by Werneck feels rushed. Some pages are detailed, other falter on that. It reads very uneven.

Neither Duggan or Werneck feels like they are on top of their game with this issue. It feels rushed, it feels mediocre.

Oh, I forgot to talk about Werneck's art.

The first issue was bad, but this one was even worse.

LMAO with the stick figure prisoner Wolverine.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 132211.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Don't do it. There is nothing good in it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    What a mess. Duggan is not even trying anymore.
    He wrote a checklist of plots he needs to close and is doing it with no effort at all.
    And he will not stop until he makes EVERY X-men a cold-blood assassin. Poor Kurt was the last victim.
    dude, that shocked me Kurt strait up merced that fool.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Oh, I forgot to talk about Werneck's art.

The first issue was bad, but this one was even worse.

LMAO with the stick figure prisoner Wolverine.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 132211.jpg
    also this, Werneck has been rushing all of the art in this book

in retrospect im kind of shocked they didnt sprinkle in Alia Gregor in more during the Krakoa era. Or even Devo. Whatever his name is.

It ended up just being Karima, Nimrod and then they brought in Stasis and the red dude. Cant think of his name.

In regards to the art he was taken off Immortal and then just thrown on to this.

He's doing the best he can being in another country and all IMO they should have gave him more time instead of doing the last minute changes.

Mighty Member

Manifold is gonna be making a trip to the White Hot Room to get the reinforcements that nobody knows is there.

So grateful this wasn't a suicide mission. Really appreciated this huge moment for Polaris. Would've appreciated seeing them take out at least one of their actual living targets. I hope Dr. Polaris and Dr. Stasis get to have their dance by the end of this...

As much as I loved seeing Colossus, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler here... I have to admit Colossus and Nightcrawler's actions definitely felt out of character.

Great issue, but it could've used one more page of Polaris and the Brood, and one more page of Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. Just felt a little rushed.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men