Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The magazines tried selling Daniel Craig's looks as "ugly sexy" but only silly ppl bought it and it is a good thing that Bond is mainly a male franchise not that many fans really cared.
    The novels kind of had Bond as a bit rough around the edges, sort of more of a Bogart or Hoagy Cartmichael handsome. Bond also has a facial scar which often appears in comic adaptations and continuations.

Craig was certainly one of the more muscular Bonds next to maybe early Connery (Connery generally gained more weight over the course of the films, although he had lost some by the time of NSNA. He was partly trained by Steven Segal for that film's fights-and Segal actually broke part of Connery's wrist!) which the films often showed off.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-07-2024 at 08:30 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    that's just humanity and the peanut gallery. I bet ancient greeks hated the guys stage productions cast as Odysseus. "He doesn't have the it factor! I just can't take the image of this guy strapped to the boat seriously!"
    A lot are clamoring for the days when men played all the roles...

There was also a bit of a fuss about Lashana Lynch being cast as 007 in No Time To Die, as some took it to mean she would be the name James Bond, although it's pretty clear that 00 is simply a name assigned to active agents and not 'part' of James's actual name (007's name is actually Nomi), and she took on the number when Bond retired to first live with Madeline and then by himself off the grid in Jamacia so there was a 'vacancy'.

Bond might not even be the first 007 himself.

Even then in the movie she gives it back to him before the battle. If you look closely you can see she becomes 005 (Which might have been the 00 Bond was working with earlier once he was reinstated prior to that).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-08-2024 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    what?? they cast THAT guy as Achilles??

(I wonder if these people know they used to regularly cast the opposite gender for certain characters in stage adaptations of Homer's works and other Greek epics back in ancient times...)
    In Shakespeare's time, all roles were played by men.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

And peter pan is played by a woman in many stage plays. 80% of young boys in cartoons are voiced by woman. Ash from pokemon has been from day 1 and almost all the rugrats are woman. Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman. Charlie brown has been voiced by both boys and girls. Gadget from chip and dale rescue rangers also voices chip!

These days?

Michael Keaton as Batman. Heath Ledger as the Joker. Probably a bunch more my brain won't cough up on a Sunday morning.
    You missed wolverine when x-men 1 was coming out. "He is not from canada and way too tall. He sucks!"

Keaton almost dropped out as batman as he got so much attack over it before filming. "Mr mom can't be batman!" And that was before the internet!

Couldn't help but laugh at all the hate Quinn was getting when it was announced, way overblown. "He looks nothing like Johnny!" "He won't match Evans!" Same script as Ledger all over again. While Quinn wasn't my first choice for Johnny, I see the vision and think he'll crush the role.
    Last edited by Séb; 04-09-2024 at 02:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Lol, at all the overboard responses to my comment. I didn't mean to start an avalanche. I don't know what it is about MCU movies that people have to like them 100 % or people get but hurt. Anyway, the irony that Reed is being played by someone who is hot was just a funny little comment on the irony. Reed is a skinny geek (no offense, like him fine). Nothing to get upset about. And there were already comments that didn't think the actor had that Reed feel.

ETA: He is considered a sex symbol in Spain.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-10-2024 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And peter pan is played by a woman in many stage plays. 80% of young boys in cartoons are voiced by woman. Ash from pokemon has been from day 1 and almost all the rugrats are woman. Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman. Charlie brown has been voiced by both boys and girls. Gadget from chip and dale rescue rangers also voices chip!

You missed wolverine when x-men 1 was coming out. "He is not from canada and way too tall. He sucks!"

Keaton almost dropped out as batman as he got so much attack over it before filming. "Mr mom can't be batman!" And that was before the internet!
    The Japanese dub voice for Goku too.

As for Reed being skinny, kind of depends on who draws him.

I think Byrne kind of made that look stick, if you look at Kirby (After the first few issues where his style in drawing them is still settling a bit), Perez, Buscema etc. before him he was mainly drawn as muscular. Maybe not so much as say, Thor or Cap but muscular all the same.

Since then it's kind of switching back and forth between the muscular and thin looks.

Same kind of goes for Johnny to a lesser degree. Also in non-FF stuff Peter Parker and Cyclops.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-10-2024 at 10:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll wait to see how he actually looks and acts as Johnny when they start shooting.
    Smart. He's not unattractive, and I think a little work in the gym and some styling could make a huge difference.

Quinn's for sure putting in the work, it's evident in his recent appearances.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    As for Reed being skinny, kind of depends on who draws him.

I think Byrne kind of made that look stick, if you look at Kirby (After the first few issues where his style in drawing them is still settling a bit), Perez, Buscema etc. before him he was mainly drawn as muscular. Maybe not so much as say, Thor or Cap but muscular all the same.

Since then it's kind of switching back and forth between the muscular and thin looks.

Same kind of goes for Johnny to a lesser degree. Also in non-FF stuff Peter Parker and Cyclops.
    Point taken about his physique. Still, though, he's seen as a geek and they always like to play with the idea of a studly Namor stealing away Sue. I mean, this guy is a latin lover and a sex symbol in his own country while Reed is considered probably average and old (er). Don't want to start another avalanche (things being said which had nothing to do with Shakespear, assuming I didn't like Hugh etc.). It also sort of says Reed can't be himself so bring in the cool, sexy guy.

Astonishing Member

I might be more interested about this than the Deadpool movie. It's not like I don't have several great R-rated options out this year and I respect at least a couple of the FF actors.

I hope that the trailer is exciting but it doesn't spoil much of the movie.