Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    Fantastic Four takes place in an alternate universe

Thing is reading a LIFE magazine from 1963 in the first poster and the latest poster shows a kind of retro futuristic NYC (?), the signs/hints are all there.
    Im with James Cameron. Thats not widely known. People didnt forget anything. They more than likely arent aware

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im with James Cameron. Thats not widely known. People didnt forget anything. They more than likely arent aware
    And also...Daniel RPK is hardly any sort of reputable source. We still don't know for sure.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Setting aside gender-flipping the Silver Surfer and replacing Norinn Radd (assuming this is just for the FF universe and will be fixed post-Secret Wars), I can't help but think they're jumping the gun going straight to Galactus.

Also is Marvel Studios willing to commit to a silver body woman?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Regardless of the Silver coating aspect of the Surfer one of the things I liked was when writers would recall his Power Cosmic allowed him to transmutate his form and allow him to appear, not to unlike a hologram, Zenn-Lavian(human). I suspect this could be an 'out' they go for as I don't want some mirrored version of how the early X-Men films treated Mystique. I would rather of them had the actresses in the long white dress or black workout look then those scales. So don't do that with this for female surfer.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm actually more curious about a more comic-accurate Galactus if we're doing "The Coming of Galactus" again, but hopefully far more distinct from the previous adaptation than Dark Phoenix was to Last Stand.

Remember the cloud?

Granted, the main reason at the time was because some were thinking a giant guy in Kirby costumes would look silly, but this was pre-MCU which proved it could work (and plenty of Kirby designs have looked just fine in MCU) and 2007 era special effects which have (mostly) gotten better (as long as he doesn't look like Quantummania's Modok....)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-05-2024 at 11:26 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    The new poster featuring Joseph Quinn's Human Torch (notice the buildings in the back)

The city imagery is what a child may think the future would look like...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I am curious what they are doing with the Shalla-Bal thing.

Maybe they are still going multiverse but I would have much rather had Norrin Radd as Silver Surfer here.

That being said, Julia Garner is one of the better young actors around today and I've liked her in almost everything I've seen her.
    I'm a JG fan as well, but of course, I'd prefer Norrin Radd as the Surfer. I'm not a fan of this multiverse stuff --- and it apparently will have a bearing on MCU Fantastic Four. I could see Julia as Frankie Raye, but obviously MCU is going in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The city imagery is what a child may think the future would look like...
    It seems to be very much in keeping what looks like the futurism of the 50s and 60s-the aesthetic of the Jetsons, a lot of Disney (including the design of the parks), Star Trek TOS, 2001 etc. and of course Jack Kirby. (Kirby also did a few somewhat less optimistic post-apocalyptic things too!)

That being said, while Wandavision was fun I'm hoping it isn't all 60's camp.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They’re so mad that they’re only going to go rage watch the movie 3, maybe 4 times, in protest.
    No they won't. The majority of Silver Surfer Fans (Norrin Radd) won't bother to see this.

The other side "Yay! A Female Version!" They're not going to see the movie either. All they do is complain on social media but they don't actually watch this stuff.

This type of publicity...doesn't translate into movie sales. The only type of results these stunts do is generate arguments over the internet.

A little bummed my favorite Norrin Radd is getting skipped but it still looks like a bonkers movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    No they won't. The majority of Silver Surfer Fans (Norrin Radd) won't bother to see this.

The other side "Yay! A Female Version!" They're not going to see the movie either. All they do is complain on social media but they don't actually watch this stuff.

This type of publicity...doesn't translate into movie sales. The only type of results these stunts do is generate arguments over the internet.
    So you just assume it's a "stunt" because ...? Casting Sam L Jackson as Fury was definitely a "stunt" and that worked out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So you just assume it's a "stunt" because ...? Casting Sam L Jackson as Fury was definitely a "stunt" and that worked out.
    But Ultimate Nick Fury came out in 2002 so in this case it's not really a stunt.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You're referring to the Secret Invasion where Nick Fury was an actual main character? No, that didn't work out, but it's not a fair comparison in general. Nick Fury is a supporting character at best. His name doesn't carry the weight for a solo project.

The other movies he was in, the majority of the audience didn't watch those flicks for Nick Fury's Character specifically. The Silver Surfer is a main heavy weight
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-05-2024 at 12:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

So like a hundred people will skip it? That's not much of a threat to a film's box office.
    I say this as a big Silver Surfer fan, but there are like dozens of us. He hasn't been able to really hold a series down since the late 80's. When you have Mike Allred on art and you just see decline issue after issue you have to see that it's not the creative team's fault the book isn't selling.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 04-05-2024 at 12:57 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    All good, this has been reported for a while now, even speculated since the reveal. Guess it depends who or what you're following.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    And also...Daniel RPK is hardly any sort of reputable source. We still don't know for sure.
    It's not just DRPK running with it though so we'll see. I really think the latest poster is a hint to where things are headed. Retro-futuristic New York? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Setting aside gender-flipping the Silver Surfer and replacing Norinn Radd (assuming this is just for the FF universe and will be fixed post-Secret Wars), I can't help but think they're jumping the gun going straight to Galactus.

Also is Marvel Studios willing to commit to a silver body woman?
    I thought the same thing too but now with the idea of an alternate universe in play I think Galactus is going to "devour" their world.