Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    I swear actors these days are getting judged everything except their actual acting ability and performance.
    I bet their essays are already written about why they hate it and it sucks
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I swear actors these days are getting judged everything except their actual acting ability and performance.
    These days?

Michael Keaton as Batman. Heath Ledger as the Joker. Probably a bunch more my brain won't cough up on a Sunday morning.

that's just humanity and the peanut gallery. I bet ancient greeks hated the guys stage productions cast as Odysseus. "He doesn't have the it factor! I just can't take the image of this guy strapped to the boat seriously!"
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

what?? they cast THAT guy as Achilles??

(I wonder if these people know they used to regularly cast the opposite gender for certain characters in stage adaptations of Homer's works and other Greek epics back in ancient times...)
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    what?? they cast THAT guy as Achilles??

(I wonder if these people know they used to regularly cast the opposite gender for certain characters in stage adaptations of Homer's works and other Greek epics back in ancient times...)
    Considering some people are actually complaining that Juliette is going to be played by a black woman in the upcoming stage play with Tom Holland? I'm going to say "No."

My only superficial hang up with the FF cast is that Joseph Quinn doesn't have sex appeal. I'm sorry but Johnny Storm is a hothead and also hot (no pun intended), so the actor should also be.

But we'll see what Quinn brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Considering some people are actually complaining that Juliette is going to be played by a black woman in the upcoming stage play with Tom Holland? I'm going to say "No."
    Don't get me started. I got put in Twitter Jail for cursing out racists over that casting the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I just saw a queer Hamlet with a woman playing Hamlet! these people might shatter if they went outside...
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    My only superficial hang up with the FF cast is that Joseph Quinn doesn't have sex appeal. I'm sorry but Johnny Storm is a hothead and also hot (no pun intended), so the actor should also be.

But we'll see what Quinn brings to the table.

Don't get me started. I got put in Twitter Jail for cursing out racists over that casting the other day.
    Attractiveness is the most subjective aspect of casting someone though...out of curiosity, what is not hot about Joseph Quinn?
    They/Them

Attractiveness is the most subjective aspect of casting someone though...out of curiosity, what is not hot about Joseph Quinn?
    That's true.

But IMO, he just looks plain. And then I'm a victim of being married to fancasting because in my head I just knew Dacre Montgomery would get the role.

That's true.

But IMO, he just looks plain. And then I'm a victim of being married to fancasting because in my head I just knew Dacre Montgomery would get the role.
    I think to say Johnny Storm has to be conventially attractive is a misunderstanding of his character. Him being hot-headed and a big flirt doesn't correlate with his physical looks at all. As long as he looks "youthful" enough to me, then I'm fine with it
    They/Them

I think to say Johnny Storm has to be conventially attractive is a misunderstanding of his character. Him being hot-headed and a big flirt doesn't correlate with his physical looks at all. As long as he looks "youthful" enough to me, then I'm fine with it
    Eh, we're going to agree to disagree here.

I feel like in order to play characters like Johnny, Catwoman or Gambit, aside from acting skills, the actor has to also have that sexiness to them. That's part of the x-factor Johnny has, he's confident because he knows he's hot.

Eh, we're going to agree to disagree here.

I feel like in order to play characters like Johnny, Catwoman or Gambit, aside from acting skills, the actor has to also have that sexiness to them. That's part of the x-factor Johnny has, he's confident because he knows he's hot.
    Yeah but sexiness doesn't come from your looks... it comes from your personality and poise
    They/Them

Daniel Craig also had a lot of criticism back in the mid 00s for not really having the conventional "handsome" Bond 'look'.

Still does on occasion.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Niffleheim

The magazines tried selling Daniel Craig's looks as "ugly sexy" but only silly ppl bought it and it is a good thing that Bond is mainly a male franchise not that many fans really cared.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'll wait to see how he actually looks and acts as Johnny when they start shooting.