Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

I would think that a cosmic threat that has a "herald" kind of demands they be built up to.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Personally, I think Galactus as villain functions as "mindless force of nature" which has dramatic value, but isn't interesting. If the actual story is about the Silver Surfer or if his threat pushes whatever personal story they want to tell about the members of the FF, that's fine but he's still just a plot device rather than a character. (seeing him eat planets in the end credits of other movies leading up to it won't add to him as a character) At least Thanos was given characterization, and they had to deviate from the comics to make him more interesting. Maybe they'll do that with Galactus, but so far we have no idea.

Either way, I think there's absolutely no need to "build up to" Galactus. Especially when their Big Bad will always be Dr Doom.

Also, for all the comic book die-hards, how satisfying would it really be if they spent multiple movies building up to Galactus just to have Mr F save the day by waving the Ultimate Nullifier in Galactus's face and say, "Get lost."
    Maybe they can have a twist in which one of the four actually becomes the new Herald-mixing the Nova storyline from Bryne's era with one of Mark Waid's story arcs.

Or like the comics, have it be Ben (Perhaps Galactus offers him a more human-like form) and have She-Hulk replace him when the team arrives in the regular MCU universe....unlikely, but kind of fun to think about.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-06-2024 at 01:28 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because Galactus is a serious, seismic, climactic threat, one of the biggest in the entire Marvel Universe, and they didn't take him on until well into their comic history.

It's like if The Avengers first formed to fight Thanos.
    Yes Galactus is powerful but he typically doesn't have these huge grand plans that would involve needing every hero available, like Thanos does, power level is one thing, the character also needs to have plans and motivations that require build up, Thanos wanted to kill half of all life, is a theat not just to Earth but the entire universe as a whole, Galactus on the other hand his plans will just be "Eat Earth, leave, and eat another planet", because that's just what he does.

And when it comes to Galactus unless he's at his absolute weakest, you don't beat him by overpowering him or anything, you just find a way to convince him to leave.
    Imagine they did that with Thanos, 10 years and 20+ plus movies building towards a final showdown where the heroes take him down once and for all, just for it to end with the heroes convincing him to go away.

I really like these stylized posters they've been releasing on specific holidays. I hope it continues until the release of the film. I bet the next three we get are on Mother's Day, Father's Day and 4th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    That's an excellent prediction

Alternate Universe
    Surfer brought in early
    Surfer isn't Norrin
    Mr Fantastic recast (Pedro is an excellent actor but I liked Krazinski and I think if they managed to get Emily as Sue, that'd draw in more of a crowd)

Some valid reasons to think Galactus eats this earth and has his sights on 616
    Plus it would coincide with the rumored SS show or special on Disney+. My guess is Shalla-Bal will be the Herald in this alternate universe while Norrin will still be the main SS in the main MCU.

WILD THEORY (just throwing out ideas) maybe Norrin was even banished to the main MCU.
    Last edited by Séb; 04-06-2024 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    Yes Galactus is powerful but he typically doesn't have these huge grand plans that would involve needing every hero available, like Thanos does, power level is one thing, the character also needs to have plans and motivations that require build up, Thanos wanted to kill half of all life, is a theat not just to Earth but the entire universe as a whole, Galactus on the other hand his plans will just be "Eat Earth, leave, and eat another planet", because that's just what he does.

And when it comes to Galactus unless he's at his absolute weakest, you don't beat him by overpowering him or anything, you just find a way to convince him to leave.
    Imagine they did that with Thanos, 10 years and 20+ plus movies building towards a final showdown where the heroes take him down once and for all, just for it to end with the heroes convincing him to go away.
    Well, he is one of the oldest and most seismic beings in the cosmos and a universal disaster wherever he goes. He's simple in function but all-encompassing in execution. Especially for the heroes.

Though now I wonder if the FF fail to stop him or their solution to stopping him ends up leaving them stuck with him in 616.

Joseph Quinn on playing Johnny Storm in ‘THE FANTASTIC FOUR’:

“I’m really excited! I still can’t believe it, it’s crazy. We have a great group. When I spoke to Matt, the director, he had a brilliant vision for this, and the group we have, it was an easy decision. I definitely wanted to be a part of it.”

I agree with the posters saying Galactus doesn't really need that much build up. He's not like Thanos with the IG
    Despite all his power, Galactus is typically beaten fairly easily.

While I don't disagree with what people are saying about Galactus or how he's traditionally been dealt with as a threat, I think a one-and-done Galactus story would seem too much like a second swing at FF2. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    While I don't disagree with what people are saying about Galactus or how he's traditionally been dealt with as a threat, I think a one-and-done Galactus story would seem too much like a second swing at FF2. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.
    Oh definitely. It's like how the X-Men tried Dark Phoenix again. The problem is they don't have time to do 2 other FF films before getting to Galactus. Unless they'd want to use him after Secret Wars.

Well, he is one of the oldest and most seismic beings in the cosmos and a universal disaster wherever he goes. He's simple in function but all-encompassing in execution. Especially for the heroes.

Though now I wonder if the FF fail to stop him or their solution to stopping him ends up leaving them stuck with him in 616.
    That s the crux of the matter is it not? How do they get to MCU Earth (i prefer not to call it 616)? And if the idea is to get to Dr. Doom as the big bad, is Doom from their Earth or will be from another Earth or even MCU Earth?

And on a sidenote, how much of a flirt will they let Johnny be? Odd question i know but it just popped into my head.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I can't say I care for the cast. These people just don't have the "it" factor IMHO. Or the presence. Funny Reed is being played by someone who is practically a sex symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I can't say I care for the cast. These people just don't have the "it" factor IMHO. Or the presence. Funny Reed is being played by someone who is practically a sex symbol.
    I've never heard that...

Fantastic Four 2: The Second Helping

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I swear actors these days are getting judged everything except their actual acting ability and performance.