Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Fantastic Four Cast Announced

The cast for the Fantastic Four movie has been announced.

Reed Richards - Pedro Pascal

Sue Storm/Richards - Vanessa Kirby

Johnny Storm - Joseph Quinn

Ben Grimm - Ebon Moss-Bachrach

2ws7zkv8vkic1.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...st-1235213252/

Maybe basing it a bit too much on the logo and the art, but I'm getting a sense of retro-futurism style here, which the comics have generally had (With attempts to 'update' that usually not going great-Sue's 90's look for example).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Awesome casting!!
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Marvel Studios in addition to moving up Thunderbolts to the start of summer on May 2, 2025, and pushing back Fantastic Four to July 25, 2025, has confirmed the cast for the latter movie:
    https://deadline.com/2024/02/marvel-...es-1235825474/

The only person I recognize is Pedro, and I don't feel he'll make that good of a Reed. Great actor, but just doesn't really give of a "Reed" vibe.

Not saying the entire cast is bad or anything. Just that I'm reserving judgement because I haven't seen anything any of the rest have done and have no basis to judge their ability on.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The cast for the Fantastic Four movie has been announced.

Reed Richards - Pedro Pascal

Sue Storm/Richards - Vanessa Kirby

Johnny Storm - Joseph Quinn

Ben Grimm - Ebon Moss-Bachrach
    Pedro is wrong for this but hey, studio has boxes to check for the loud crowd posting on X. He's great but he isn't Reed. He was an easy "in-house" on contract already actor to get.

Vanessa Kirby is a name I knew, her IMDB reminds me of the projects I've seen her in. Mostly action fare. Is Sue going to be written as a fighter?

Joseph Quinn, didn't recognize name, his IMDB reminds me that OH, this guy was Eddie in Stranger Things. He's Johnny the hot head, ok he can pull that off.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach, looks familiar, he was in The Punisher Netflix show for most of it. Guess we will get a number of flashbacks but sure he can play a pilot.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Pedro does not need to be in every major franchise. Great actor but he's gotten a bit overexposed in my personal

Ultimate Member

Hollywood seems to know only 3 male Latino actors-

1. Michael Pena
    2. Pedro Pascal
    3. Oscar Isaac

Pretty good cast. Thank God they picked a good Ben Grimm.

A bunch of no names basically...

I was kinda "meh" about these names. Pedro is the only one I'm familiar with. But I do like that logo ("retro-future" someone called it upthread) and the illustration of the actors gave me a smile. Good luck, Marvel!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Pedro is wrong for this but hey, studio has boxes to check for the loud crowd posting on X. He's great but he isn't Reed. He was an easy "in-house" on contract already actor to get.

Vanessa Kirby is a name I knew, her IMDB reminds me of the projects I've seen her in. Mostly action fare. Is Sue going to be written as a fighter?

Joseph Quinn, didn't recognize name, his IMDB reminds me that OH, this guy was Eddie in Stranger Things. He's Johnny the hot head, ok he can pull that off.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach, looks familiar, he was in The Punisher Netflix show for most of it. Guess we will get a number of flashbacks but sure he can play a pilot.

Vanessa Kirby had a big career in theater, I think Mission Impossible 7 was kind of her breakout role in blockbuster stuff. She also does a bunch of drama films.

I think Robbie was being considered too but then Barbie got big...

Kind of curious how they're going to do all the stretching effects. The ones in Dr. Strange II were fairly run of the mill. Ryan North has been doing interesting stuff with Reed's powers in the books which could make for interesting visuals film wise....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-14-2024 at 01:54 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Pedro does not need to be in every major franchise. Great actor but he's gotten a bit overexposed in my personal
    My feelings exactly, verbatim even.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Hollywood seems to know only 3 male Latino actors-
    1. Michael Pena
    2. Pedro Pascal
    3. Oscar Isaac
    What does being Latino have to do with it? Reed Richards isn't Latino, so unless you think Marvel was specifically looking for a Latino actor, then ended up with Pascal as opposed to, "Let's hire someone who's incredibly famous and beloved by fans" I'm not sure what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious how they're going to do all the stretching effects. The ones in Dr. Strange II were fairly run of the mill. Ryan North has been doing interesting stuff with Reed's powers in the books which could make for interesting visuals film wise....
    "The Incredibles" movies are also a good example of how effective stretchy powers can work in action scenes if you're creative about the Looney Tunes physics of it.

I'm still iffy on Pedro as Reed but cast seems solid.

I also like how the actor for Johnny is only 3 years older than Tom Holland.

The only thing I hate about the period piece aspect is it's like they're doubling-down on the FF being "old school" or "retro" and will have to adjust a lot to make that work and how they relate to the present-day. I dunno, it just feels iffy to me.

But hey, Herbie !