Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Yeah, Johnny seems like weirdest choice. He’s usually a good looking, flirty, adrenaline junkie type.

I’m also surprised they’re starting so old for Reed. Maybe they’re not thinking long-term for this crew.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yeah, Johnny seems like weirdest choice. He’s usually a good looking, flirty, adrenaline junkie type.
    Did you not see Stranger Things Season 4?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, Pedro is pretty well-known especially from the last year or two. The rest are unknowns to me. Visually, I think Pedro works. Actually, I think he will be fine as Reed. Don't know anything about the rest, but the guy playing Johnny doesn't work for me from a visual perspective.
    Yeah Pedro Pascals got to be one of the most in demand actors right now, he’s everywhere, he’s Mando, Oberyn and Joel. Also loved him in “Massive Talent” with Nick Cage. Never seen him as a scientist or as a character that’s particularly smart, but he’s got a lot of range, I’m optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Yeah he was a clear fan favorite in that season. Granted his character met a similar outcome as every other prominent new character of the season of that show. Still, I think he’s a solid choice for Johnny. hope he and Holland’s Peter interact.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also -- looks like we're getting H.E.R.B.I.E.!
    Hope they get someone fun to voice him.

But they’ll probably end up with Kevin Hart.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Vanessa Kirby had a big career in theater, I think Mission Impossible 7 was kind of her breakout role in blockbuster stuff. She also does a bunch of drama films.

I think Robbie was being considered too but then Barbie got big...
    Besides the Mission Impossible films, where apparently Kirby will return for the next one, she also played the badass sister of Jason Statham's anti-hero character in a Fast and Furious spin-off, and also played Napoleon's wife in Ridley Scott's dramatic, action biopic. So far the casting seems fine to me.

I'm really more interested in them focusing on giving us a good story instead of cranking out mediocre stuff and just expecting people will show up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Besides the Mission Impossible films, where apparently Kirby will return for the next one, she also played the badass sister of Jason Statham's anti-hero character in a Fast and Furious spin-off, and also played Napoleon's wife in Ridley Scott's dramatic, action biopic. So far the casting seems fine to me.
    She also played Princess Margaret in the first two seasons of The Crown, where she was brilliant and underused. She has range, and can definitely play smart, fun, and badass in equal measure.

Vanessa Kirby is the only name I know. I have seen her in the Crown tv series. She played Queen Elizabeth's sister. It was an excellent performance she pulled out. She portrayed the Princess as a self-absorbed, vain and thoughtless snob who was hopelessly in love with a man that people would never approve of.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    She also played Princess Margaret in the first two seasons of The Crown, where she was brilliant and underused. She has range, and can definitely play smart, fun, and badass in equal measure.
    If the screenplay lets her.

I know it's probably a coincidence, but it's funny that they cast someone named Kirby.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

No, I don't watch Stranger Things. I'm going by images online and he does not look attractive. He looks more ... quirky in the images I've seen.

I think Chris Evans nailed Johnny, even if the movies weren't great. I'm glad to read that this guy might work.

Astonishing Member

Oh, I did see that -- and didn't recognize him. Still, he's a very off brand choice for Johnny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    No, I don't watch Stranger Things. I'm going by images online and he does not look attractive. He looks more ... quirky in the images I've seen.
    That's pretty much how his character in Stranger Things was portrayed.

I hated his character in Stranger Things

I had Dacre Montgomery in mind for MCU Johnny, but I'm willing to see what Quinn brings to the table.