Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    No, I don't watch Stranger Things. I'm going by images online and he does not look attractive. He looks more ... quirky in the images I've seen.

I think Chris Evans nailed Johnny, even if the movies weren't great. I'm glad to read that this guy might work.
    Joseph Quinn looks fine.....it's not about looks.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Joseph Quinn looks fine.....it's not about looks.
    For Johnny is absolutely is. It's one of his defining characteristics.

Simply going by what people who are attracted to men have said about him previously, I think he's fits the looks department just fine.

Not really into Pascal as Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Simply going by what people who are attracted to men have said about him previously, I think he's fits the looks department just fine.
    It'll probably depend a lot on him getting into Superhero shape and how they play him in the actual movie.

Astonishing Member

Very true. He leaned into the geeky tropes in ST, because that was what the role called for. If I was a casting agent for Johnny, I don't know that I'd even talk to Quinn, but I guess they are going another direction -- or think they can mold him into more of a jock type.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Very true. He leaned into the geeky tropes in ST, because that was what the role called for. If I was a casting agent for Johnny, I don't know that I'd even talk to Quinn, but I guess they are going another direction -- or think they can mold him into more of a jock type.
    Nobody would've expected Chris Pratt to be a hunk before Guardians.

I’m more than willing to be wowed by his performance. Right now though, I’m not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    For Johnny is absolutely is. It's one of his defining characteristics.
    The average person doesn't know or care about that nor do I I simply don't care if people think Joseph Quinn is handsome or not as a matter of fact I don't care if the whole cast is considered good looking or not it's not going to affect the movie.

I am late to this news. It flew under my radar. The announcement of this casting should have made headlines but it is like no one cares. This is how unimportant Marvel/Comic movies have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    I am late to this news. It flew under my radar. The announcement of this casting should have made headlines but it is like no one cares. This is how unimportant Marvel/Comic movies have become.
    That really doesn't mean anything in this day and age. My city has two Newspapers and only one does a print edition anymore and that's only 2 times a week meaning you have to subscribe to an online edition to get daily news which I don't because I can get my news off the internet for free. I do get my Sunday Print paper though.

As for Local TV News they only cover entertainment news if it involves a lawsuit/crime, or someone is filming in the area or a big event that is selling out theaters.

My internet news feed is fed by the algorithm that goes off my search history. Now I'm a movie guy so my news feed is full of FF stories. I say this because I'm not a sports guy and thus my news feed never has sporting news. Now is that because there's nothing newsworthy or because the algorithm knows I wouldn't be interested in it? I'm going to assume to the latter. The Superbowl just happened and the only piece of News I got at all is sadly the shooting that happened in Kansas City and that's because the algorithm knew I wouldn't care about the buildup or game.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-16-2024 at 09:18 AM.

If they liked Stranger Things so much, how did they not see Dacre?

That's Johnny. If they had just done that, I could get behind this cast. Pedro isn't very "Reed" to me, but I like him in The Last of Us and Game of Thrones, so I can accept him in the role. Kirby looks great for Sue. The Ben guy seems fine, but I don't really know him. The Valentine's poster looks fantastic, though, so I guess I'll just have to see how it turns out.

(But Dacre would have been the better Johnny, 100000000%)
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-16-2024 at 09:45 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

So if those are the official Human Torch and Thing uniforms, anybody else reminded of this? (From the Marvel Two-In-One series released a few months before the FF relaunch)

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If they liked Stranger Things so much, how did they not see Dacre?
    Ha! When I saw Stranger Things mentioned, I immediately thought of that guy, but was pretty sure he wasn't played by Quinn. Some people may not care how the characters look, and some people absolutely do. There would have been less controversy they had cast someone of Johnny's type, but I imagine they knew it would be a controversial choice.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A bunch of no names basically...
    Nope.

Vanessa Kirby has a recent Oscar nomination and is in major franchises (Fast and Furious, Mission Impossible) as well as prestige films.
    Pedro Pascal is the lead on two simultaneous hit shows, which is pretty much unprecedented. It'd be like if George Clooney headlined a legal drama the same time ER was blowing up (It's easier with shows that have shorter seasons and longer gaps between them, but it's still impressive.)
    Joseph Quinn is wrapping up one of the biggest shows of the last decade.
    Ebon Moss-Bachrach just go an Emmy for The Bear.

Names don't guarantee quality, but this is a pretty big-name cast.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets