Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The average person doesn't know or care about that nor do I I simply don't care if people think Joseph Quinn is handsome or not as a matter of fact I don't care if the whole cast is considered good looking or not it's not going to affect the movie.
    I hope they adapt the team well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So if those are the official Human Torch and Thing uniforms, anybody else reminded of this? (From the Marvel Two-In-One series released a few months before the FF relaunch)

I think it's just loungewear, I don't think it's their official FF suits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    The announcement of this casting should have made headlines but it is like no one cares. This is how unimportant Marvel/Comic movies have become.
    I'm just glad the media hasn't had backlash articles about the 4 characters being white.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm just glad the media hasn't had backlash articles about the 4 characters being white.
    Yeah, the usual Youtube outrage channels are complaining Pedro is wrong for Reed since Pedro isn't white.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Yeah, the usual Youtube outrage channels are complaining Pedro is wrong for Reed since Pedro isn't white.
    He is white. Google his ancestry. I think he isn't great casting because he doesn't look much like the character, but I hope he proves me wrong like Evan Peters did. I think he might look more like the character if he's clean-shaven and they style his hair like the character has looked classically. Though I think he would be better as Victor. I wonder who they'll cast as H.E.R.B.I.E. I doubt they'll get a pro voice actor and would try someone more famous, so I would take Keegan-Michael Key, as he showed he has the talent with his role in Mario.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    He is white. Google his ancestry. I think he isn't great casting because he doesn't look much like the character, but I hope he proves me wrong like Evan Peters did. I think he might look more like the character if he's clean-shaven and they style his hair like the character has looked classically. Though I think he would be better as Victor. I wonder who they'll cast as H.E.R.B.I.E. I doubt they'll get a pro voice actor and would try someone more famous, so I would take Keegan-Michael Key, as he showed he has the talent with his role in Mario.
    Pedro is Chilean.

And to the usual YouTube outrage channels that means not white.

I’m not endorsing this view, just pointing out that reaction.

Pedro is Chilean.

And to the usual YouTube outrage channels that means not white.

I’m not endorsing this view, just pointing out that reaction.
    There's a funny scene in the 1st episode of Ted that brings up how certain people didn't consider Italians white pre-WWII.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There's a funny scene in the 1st episode of Ted that brings up how certain people didn't consider Italians white pre-WWII.
    Can anyone top Cornelius Hawthorne from Community?

Niffleheim

The Door Dasher casting Is the only one I'm interested in I hope they don't disappoint.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Nope.

Vanessa Kirby has a recent Oscar nomination and is in major franchises (Fast and Furious, Mission Impossible) as well as prestige films.
    Pedro Pascal is the lead on two simultaneous hit shows, which is pretty much unprecedented. It'd be like if George Clooney headlined a legal drama the same time ER was blowing up (It's easier with shows that have shorter seasons and longer gaps between them, but it's still impressive.)
    Joseph Quinn is wrapping up one of the biggest shows of the last decade.
    Ebon Moss-Bachrach just go an Emmy for The Bear.

Names don't guarantee quality, but this is a pretty big-name cast.
    Not really besides Pedro the average person will have no idea who they are it's basically no names I'm not saying it's a bad thing though.

Not really besides Pedro the average person will have no idea who they are it's basically no names I'm not saying it's a bad thing though.
    Kirby was in the Crown a lot of people know who she is.

Astonishing Member

The Crown and Stranger Things are pretty popular and had lots of viewers. The Bear and EMB's performance have gotten a lot of critical acclaim and awards.

I'd say that they're more well known than Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, or Chris Hemsworth when they were cast.

Honestly, I prefer non-names in these roles. It lets the actual character come forward more. Like, Eternals was filled with stars, but that did not help the movie, either from a story or box office angle.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

She's not house hold name is what I'm saying

Pedro is Chilean.
    Latino come in many different races. The primary three groups are mestizo with indigenous and Spanish ancestry, people with Spanish ancestry and sometimes other places from Europe, and black African ancestry that can be just black but oftentimes with Spanish or Portuguese ancestry too. And he is of the second grouping.

She was also in the two most recent Mission Impossible movies in a pretty decent sized role.