Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    this has been great could do without the loser exile characters but between the art and the violence this is easily the best selling fall of x book and its not even close. I know percy takes alot of crap but besides the surfer issue pretty much every issue of he wolvie book has been good. Also between this story the new deadpool movie , the s unrated bloodhunt version their doing and the little info i have about how and what the new brevort x-force book is going to be..look like marvel/disney is listening to its fans and retailers alike that consumers are dying for more adult oriented books and stories hopefully we get much more of this in the future
    So is this ACTUALLY the best selling X-book or are you just saying it should be?

Regardless I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I feel bad for Laura mostly cause she’s had a shitty time this era, but she’s likely getting out of this alive so not too concerned.

I hope that Bishop66 is right about Marvel making books aimed at adult audiences. I know it’s completely circumstantial but at my LCBS the vast majority of customers are my age or close to it. (late 30’s-early 40’s). I don’t want Marvel to make the Avengers books like this but the characters that lean into this type of violence should be able to portray it for their audience. Not every issue needs this either but it would be great if it was a regular part of the series as opposed to just a shock tactic to boost sales.

The issue itself was great and Shaw is killing it (literally) on art duties. Percy has been paired with nothing but A list artists this whole era. I did feel bad for Laura but I’m excited for her chance at revenge now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I hope that Bishop66 is right about Marvel making books aimed at adult audiences. I know it’s completely circumstantial but at my LCBS the vast majority of customers are my age or close to it. (late 30’s-early 40’s). I don’t want Marvel to make the Avengers books like this but the characters that lean into this type of violence should be able to portray it for their audience. Not every issue needs this either but it would be great if it was a regular part of the series as opposed to just a shock tactic to boost sales.

The issue itself was great and Shaw is killing it (literally) on art duties. Percy has been paired with nothing but A list artists this whole era. I did feel bad for Laura but I’m excited for her chance at revenge now.
    Wasn't that what the MAX line was supposed to be for?

This was a great issue, can't wait for Laura and Logan to dunk on these Sabrefools! Book should've been called Sabretooth instead of Wolverine, though, lol.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wasn't that what the MAX line was supposed to be for?
    Yeah it was exactly for that but I don’t think I’ve seen a Max title in over a decade. I also don’t think they were in 616 continuity, not that that is a big deal to me personally, a good story is all I’m looking for.

Yeah it was exactly for that but I don’t think I’ve seen a Max title in over a decade. I also don’t think they were in 616 continuity, not that that is a big deal to me personally, a good story is all I’m looking for.
    Agreeing.
    I think we should be entitled to some "mature"/"adult" titles. Not all character can get a mature story, sure, but most of the X-Men could, IMHO. Not necessarily the "kill-maim-torture" kind of mature (not against them, I mean that we should get more than just that specific genre!), I think generally some darker stories or stories with themes that make them not fitting to a gen/PG-13 audience. They could tackle violence and psychological issues, tell stories that wouldn't necessary have to fit into the canon (we want a good story, after all, who cares if its canon status is blurry or doesn't agree with what it's happening in the X-Line in that moment!). I think we would all benefit to read our characters fleshed out in a more mature way, compared to the gen stuff that takes place in the main X-Line (yes, I know FOTX&co isn't really rainbow and unicorn but you know what I mean).
    ATM Domino/Wolverine X-Force: Sex and Violence comes to mind. There was some almost-explicit sex and violence, featured two characters I wasn't much fond of, but it was a good reading nonetheless. I would welcome something like that, but perhaps with even less "feats" and more character analysis. If you get what I mean
    Last edited by Hakka84; 02-15-2024 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added the title
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

I agree there should be books for this audience, but let’s face it - it’s teenagers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I agree there should be books for this audience, but let’s face it - it’s teenagers lol
    I don’t think a comic should be filed under “teenage edge” until explicit, gratuitous, unnecessary female nudity is thrown in there to be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t think a comic should be filed under “teenage edge” until explicit, gratuitous, unnecessary female nudity is thrown in there to be honest!
    I think it’s odd that here in America, Marvel will spell out happy birthday with a character’s dismembered son but God forbid they show a female’s breast. I’m not advocating for nudity in Marvel specifically but it’s just so weird how they okay that level of violence but the human body is a hard pass lol. Again this isn’t unique to Marvel mostly just a weird attitude here in this country.

I think it’s odd that here in America, Marvel will spell out happy birthday with a character’s dismembered son but God forbid they show a female’s breast. I’m not advocating for nudity in Marvel specifically but it’s just so weird how they okay that level of violence but the human body is a hard pass lol. Again this isn’t unique to Marvel mostly just a weird attitude here in this country.
    Sexuality will always be censored more than violence in our culture, because our culture is controlled by the military industrial complex. We have to be desensitized to brutal violence to keep the war machine humming along.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!