Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Default Inconsistencies in the X-Books

Books have never been perfect There's always anew event or era going on and ofc there are going to be things that fall through the cracks and go unnoticed.

One thing I had noticed that has been briefly touched on in the Marvel unlimited comics is what are the other mutant heroes, X-affiliated or not, doing in this post hellfire gala era while cyclops is standing trial and mutants are being hunted by orchis. We still don't know what x-men have been in the white hot room but from what im assuming some of them didn't get a chance to make it to a gate. They've started reintroducing mutant characters we never rlly see on panel like Justice, El Aguila, and Bellona so Its got me thinking what other mutants are up to during this time if they aren't on Krakoa already displaced.

Here's my list of mutant heroes still unheard from:
    Runaways- Molly Hayes, Klara Plast, Alicia Hayes (Clone)
    Namor/a/ita
    Midnights Fire
    Silhouette
    GLA- Flaman, Big Bertha, Doorman, Mr. Immortal
    Exiles- Blink, Wolvie
    Collective Man
    Persuasion
    Ricochet
    Sabra (Kinda self explanatory)
    Spitfire
    All of the current X-Factor
    Bombshell
    Reine du Rien
    Jimmy Hudson

It would be really cool if a few of them we see in the near future, ik Justice got set up with night trasher who was a depowered mutant last I heard and that Silhouette stars in the new Night trasher comic that releases today. Just like they tied in M-day with a bunch of other mutant characters I thought it would be the same standard for this event as well. I also want to see mutant adjacent characters like cloak and dagger or Wanda have more of a bigger role in helping the mutants, I feel its weird that they were mutants once but now that they're not they don't gotta fight alongside the mutants as hard. anyways what r your thoughts on any inconsistencies that bug you.

The only ones from the above list that I know are currently accounted for are most of the members of the recent X-Factor. Askani is in No-Place X with Xavier, Prodigy is based out of the WHR and working with her, and then Polaris, Fang, Northstar and Aurora are all on earth. Eye-Boy is the only one that I don't think has been confirmed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

As for X-factor, I think only Eyeboy is unaccounted for ?
    Northstar, Aurora and Daken were with Alpha Flight and then with X-force I think ? Daken is dead.
    Prodigy and Rachel are in Dead X-men, Polaris is with the X-men main team.

I wonder were/if we're going to see the League of Queer Mutants though they were fun.

Been Wondering about that blond Wolverine kid for a minute now but I usually can't remember his name.

Wanda has mentioned in passing what's been happening with Krakoa, to the frustration of many, in her own book. I think she has a book out today too. The one with Quicksilver?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Namor isn't really unaccounted for, he wants nothing to do with the Krakoa experiment, having been approached by Xavier upwards of three seperate times and Orchis actually seems to have been smart enough to not attack him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Been Wondering about that blond Wolverine kid for a minute now but I usually can't remember his name.

Wanda has mentioned in passing what's been happening with Krakoa, to the frustration of many, in her own book. I think she has a book out today too. The one with Quicksilver?
    Jimmy Hudson. I think he was last seen in X-men Blue still venomized

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Books have never been perfect There's always anew event or era going on and ofc there are going to be things that fall through the cracks and go unnoticed.

One thing I had noticed that has been briefly touched on in the Marvel unlimited comics is what are the other mutant heroes, X-affiliated or not, doing in this post hellfire gala era while cyclops is standing trial and mutants are being hunted by orchis. We still don't know what x-men have been in the white hot room but from what im assuming some of them didn't get a chance to make it to a gate. They've started reintroducing mutant characters we never rlly see on panel like Justice, El Aguila, and Bellona so Its got me thinking what other mutants are up to during this time if they aren't on Krakoa already displaced.

Here's my list of mutant heroes still unheard from:
    Runaways- Molly Hayes, Klara Plast, Alicia Hayes (Clone)
    Namor/a/ita
    Midnights Fire
    Silhouette
    GLA- Flaman, Big Bertha, Doorman, Mr. Immortal
    Exiles- Blink, Wolvie
    Collective Man
    Persuasion
    Ricochet
    Sabra (Kinda self explanatory)
    Spitfire
    All of the current X-Factor
    Bombshell
    Reine du Rien
    Jimmy Hudson

It would be really cool if a few of them we see in the near future, ik Justice got set up with night trasher who was a depowered mutant last I heard and that Silhouette stars in the new Night trasher comic that releases today. Just like they tied in M-day with a bunch of other mutant characters I thought it would be the same standard for this event as well. I also want to see mutant adjacent characters like cloak and dagger or Wanda have more of a bigger role in helping the mutants, I feel its weird that they were mutants once but now that they're not they don't gotta fight alongside the mutants as hard. anyways what r your thoughts on any inconsistencies that bug you.
    Add to the list:
    Skein
    Poltergeist & Link
    The mutants from The Gladiators and Heartbreak Hotel
    The mutants from The Promise
    The (remaining) mutants from The Resistants
    The mutants from The Biogenes
    The (remaining) mutants from Alpha Flight
    Humus Sapien
    The first Jubilee
    Karma’s younger siblings
    Hollow
    La Bandera
    El Conquistador
    The mutants from Winter Guard
    The mutants from China
    The mutants from The V-Battalion
    Timeslip
    Timeshadow
    Super Sabrè, Stonewall, Crimson Commando
    Pyro II, Avalanche II
    Astra
    The list goes on….

Instead we get random crayola colored characters or animalistic characters.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-14-2024 at 02:43 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jimmy Hudson. I think he was last seen in X-men Blue still venomized
    Out of all of Logan's kids(alternate universe and all), I kinda preferred Jimmy Hudson over the others. The others don't really bring nothing new to the table and is just a rerun of stuff Logan already been through... tortured past, used as a weapon, etc. Whereas Jimmy was actually raised by 2 parents on a farm somewhere and didn't have this grimdark personality. Kinda gave off a "What if Wolverine was raised by the Kents?" vibe.

I miss Jimmy. Not as much as I miss Hellion, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Add to the list:
    The first Jubilee
    Karma’s younger siblings
    Hollow
    La Bandera
    El Conquistador
    The mutants from China
    I definitely would have liked to see some idea of how various nationalist mutants interacted with Krakoa, either embracing or rejecting or awkwardly straddling the fence between the two states. Canada, China and Russia, in particular, had established teams including prominent mutants like Collective Man and Vanguard and Ursa Major in prominent roles, and Canada had an entire enclave of young mutants in Beta and Gamma Flight.

Same with other pre-existing factions or teams of mutants like the Promise or the Resistants / Mutant Force. We get a glimpse of 'Peeper' (a name he hasn't used in years, going by 'Occult' more recently), but no real idea of whether his team (the original five, plus later recruits like Mist Mistress, Quill and Rust) has got on board or are, like the Morlocks, holding back...

It's cool to see what one-off characters like Skein are up to, but entire *factions* of mutants, and the status of artificially-buffed mutants like the Savage Land Mutates Magneto jump-started (if *Sinister* can be on the Council, despite not having been born a mutant, surely the Savage Land Mutates, *with their empower-er on the Council* could at least visit the island!) offer more story potential, IMO.

As well as the various mutants with relational ties to the others, like Jean's niece and nephew, Hollow, Leong & Nga and the other 34,927 Guthrie siblings.

Incredible Member

Okay, I've obviously missed something, if he's not included on anybody's missing list then he must be hanging around somewhere and I've missed an issue.

Just where the hell is Banshee?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Okay, I've obviously missed something, if he's not included on anybody's missing list then he must be hanging around somewhere and I've missed an issue.

Just where the hell is Banshee?
    WW! Talk about being forgotten right in front of you... See: House of X

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    WW! Talk about being forgotten right in front of you... See: House of X
    Sure, yeah, but this is about the post Hellfire Gala era, as set out in the original post. He's just vanished, since the whole Sins of Sinister and the Vox Ignis thing, he's just vanished.

Unless, of course, I've missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Add to the list:
    Skein
    Poltergeist & Link
    The mutants from The Gladiators and Heartbreak Hotel
    Humus Sapien
    The first Jubilee
    Karma’s younger siblings
    Hollow
    La Bandera
    El Conquistador
    The mutants from China
    Timeslip
    Timeshadow
    Super Sabrè, Stonewall, Crimson Commando
    Pyro II, Avalanche II
    Astra
    The list goes on….

Instead we get random crayola colored characters or animalistic characters.
    And all of the old X-Force and X-statix characters, there's literally hundreds of them....