Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Twin Peaks did a prequel movie with almost all of the original cast. Then went back to becoming a TV show - that I still have to watch.

And there is also the South Park movie.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Man View Post
    Twin Peaks did a prequel movie
    Crazily, Fire Walk With Me is both a prequel and sequel (to the first 2 seasons). Though the bulk of it takes place before the first 2 seasons.

Now the film is a prequel and also in the middle of the series as The Return is now the sequel to them both.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Aren't the Mission Impossible movies a continuation of the original TV show? John Voight played the Jim Phelps character in the 1st movie which was the same character Peter Graves did on the show.
    Not sure but I think recently the Pom Klientieoff character is supposed to be a reinvention of Leonard Nimoy's character, especially if she winds up joining the team in the future, which seems likely given the ending of 7.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Crazily, Fire Walk With Me is both a prequel and sequel (to the first 2 seasons). Though the bulk of it takes place before the first 2 seasons.

Now the film is a prequel and also in the middle of the series as The Return is now the sequel to them both.
    Thanks for clearing that up. It was ages since I saw the movie and I remember how much I was annoyed by the character of Laura Palmer.
    So mostly the prequel parts got ingrained in my brain.

Back on topic - there was The Munsters and then the movie "Munsters, Go Home!".

I'm not sure, but I think DOCTOR WHO might be fairly unique in that it had two movies based on it-but not in the same continuity-very early on.

So much that some of the movie Dalek props were already available to be used as background props near the end of season 2!

However giving the thread's example I think Doctor Who's 1996 movie might count, although it was a TV movie and partly intended as a big budget (for TV) pilot episode if FOX wanted to continue.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-18-2024 at 07:09 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member

Alf had its conclusion 6 years after its cancellation with the movie Project Alf

Checked to make sure, but no one mentioned that both "Psych" and "Monk" were given movies to tell more stories.

Has anyone mentioned "Veronica Mars?" There was a theatrically released movie that was crowdfunded after the show was cancelled. Then the show was brought back briefly on Hulu.

Spongebob already released three movies and has been greenlit for at least one more.

First spongebob movie was the ending to the whole series but nick greenlighted more episodes after. It is still seen as the shows "ending" with all future movies taking place "before" it or was reconned out of canon.

Yes. That’s basically correct.