Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm scared to look. Is Alex still being treated like a pathetic loser?

I miss X-Factor Alex
    At the moment he's paired up with Maddy and is some sort of zombie thing where his arms mutate when he uses his powers, so yeah he's being treated like crap by Foxe, the writer that others love right now.

Ugh that sounds awful. Glad I skipped that mini. I miss classic Havok.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Alex didn't really have a purpose in the mini and Foxe killed Warren off seemingly just for the fun of it, saying that he's irredeemable or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    At the moment he's paired up with Maddy and is some sort of zombie thing where his arms mutate when he uses his powers, so yeah he's being treated like crap by Foxe, the writer that others love right now.
    Dang, who did Alex piss off in the X-Office?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Only two possibilities come to mind, either no one at Marvel cares about Alex in the slightest or there's going to be some big act in the near future that fixes all problems b4 the new editor takes over so Marvel doesn't care what the writers do in the short term as it'll be undone like a month or 2 later.

Astonishing Member

Only two possibilities come to mind, either no one at Marvel cares about Alex in the slightest or there's going to be some big act in the near future that fixes all problems b4 the new editor takes over so Marvel doesn't care what the writers do in the short term as it'll be undone like a month or 2 later.
    Logan I hope you are right about that. On another note where is Alex in the new X=verse solicits? No Havok no peace!

Ultimate Member

So far no sign of Alex in the upcoming books but there are still books to come so who knows. I'm hoping that he's not with Maddy anymore.

Astonishing Member

So far no sign of Alex in the upcoming books but there are still books to come so who knows. I'm hoping that he's not with Maddy anymore.
    agree to disagree, I fell for Alex and Maddy during the Outback era and love them together. I also feel that Alex humanizes Maddy. Them as a couple makes her more likable of a character right now. The warmth with Alex was the most likable thing about Maddy since she has been brought back. I had high hopes that Zeb would get to fleshing her out in Hellions but the only things I liked about Maddy's protrayal in Dark X-Men (beides the Alex interacton) was her agency and not solely obsessed with Scott and past wrongs.

Ultimate Member

In Dark they were anything but equals, Maddy was fully in charge and Alex really didn't do much of anything or have any importance. He deserves better.

Astonishing Member

True dat Logan but I figured that mini wasn't really thought out. I was excited about the roster but it really didn't advance a single character in it. Won't blame the characters for a haphazard mini. I will hope for better writing and planning on thier next project.

Havok has a short scene in Web of Spiderman #1
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I love how this cover highlights how clean of a design the black and silver costume is.

Astonishing Member

No Havok no peace! Still no Havok in any of the next era solicits BUT there is still X-Factor; a team that Alex Summers was the leader of in multiple versions of the title.

In Dark they were anything but equals, Maddy was fully in charge and Alex really didn't do much of anything or have any importance. He deserves better.
    NO Sub-Shaming! The Alex Thread should be a tacit safespace for submissives... :-P

Though the mutating zombie arms on Havok don't seem sustainable...

Given Maddie's storyline in XMEN97, it would be neat if Havok reappeared and presented a sort of Happy Ending for Maddie.

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-10-2024 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added Zombie arms
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.