Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    No Havok no peace! Still no Havok in any of the next era solicits BUT there is still X-Factor; a team that Alex Summers was the leader of in multiple versions of the title.
    Thanks to PAD, a truly memorable experience (IMHO):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member

Alex and Lorna were the heart and soul of their X-Factor runs while Pietro was that team's Wolverine, the outsider with a contrarian attitude. The three of them along with Maddy, Bishop, Warren and Roberto D would rock as team on X-Factor.

Astonishing Member

I miss this series, I wish it had better artists. Couldn't get into Stroman and Quesada's art style.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I miss this series, I wish it had better artists. Couldn't get into Stroman and Quesada's art style.
    Quesada didn't draw enough issues I wanted more, Stoman being primary artist initially was weird since it was so unlike Lee/Portachio/Liefeld/Silvestri who were drawing the other X-books at the time.

Alex and Lorna were the heart and soul of their X-Factor runs while Pietro was that team's Wolverine, the outsider with a contrarian attitude. The three of them along with Maddy, Bishop, Warren and Roberto D would rock as team on X-Factor.
    Feels like we are as unlikely to see a lineup featuring Lorna/Alex/Madelyne as were were to see Lorna/Scott/Jean - Lorna and the Grey Gals have a lot of seeming overlap with ability and often,visual presentation. Lorna can come off as a green haired Jean at times.

I might have the cloud of the Asian Psylocke artwork discussion elsewhere on my brain but that X-Factor depiction seems to have decidedly asian-featured faces.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quesada didn't draw enough issues I wanted more, Stoman being primary artist initially was weird since it was so unlike Lee/Portachio/Liefeld/Silvestri who were drawing the other X-books at the time.
    I know, right?! Then Jae Lee got thrown into the mix...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Then Jae Lee got thrown into the mix...
    I loved Jae's art and Marvel lost something truly great when he went to Image comics. Also, loved PADs X-Factor.

That said, really didn't read anything of Havok until the 'outback era.' I was too young to have read the silver age years. But his transformation from the innocent 05 days to becoming a killer was an interesting character development.

Astonishing Member

It was funny for a little bit in the Outback era it was said Alex couldn't use his power on anything that wasn't highly invulnerable like Colossus, Juggernaut or the Hulk, or Cyke because he was immune, without killing them. I wasn't quite sure why the retcon because it was done away with latter on. Oh Alex can still be deadly but he has enough control to blast without killing.

Alex was the backbone but I wouldnt call him the heart and soul of that team. Multiple Man was in many ways alongside Lorna

Ultimate Member

I now wonder if what happened to Alex in Dark X-Men has lead to writers not wanting to use him...

Astonishing Member

I surely didn't care for what Foxe did with him but it seems to be a non continuity era, writers can reference and forget what they want about the past writer did with a character. So while everything besides Alex and Maddy being together can be forgotten from Dark X-Men, it doesn't seem like too much trouble to just ignore it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Alex was the backbone but I wouldnt call him the heart and soul of that team. Multiple Man was in many ways alongside Lorna
    You might be right, should have gone head and heart. Lorna was the mom/nurturer, moral compass, Alex was the leader/father/protector.

Ultimate Member

They could easily split Alex and Maddy up if they wanted to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'd say it was Guido. Madrox was too depressing after Fatal Attractions.