Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Default Leech's upper limit?

I'm curious, what tier would Leech be in? Meaning how powerful a character could leech potentially shut down? I know if a person had skill to fight like Wolverine, Deathstroke, Bane, he would still get beat to a pulp, but for those who rely on their powers, how high up could he remove their powers?

Rogue?
    Scarlet Witch?
    Shazam?
    Hulk?
    Juggernaut?

Does it depend on the way they got their powers, or anything that enhances the person un-naturally?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

I think it only works on mutants.

And there's no way he's shutting down anything godlike. Shazam and Juggernaut are safe.

Scarlet Witch would be a tricky one. He could possibly shut down her mutant powers, but those are fairly intertwined by her magic powers and I don't think he can touch those.

I'd say he could probabaly shut down any high powered mutant. Exodus, Magneto, Xavier... possibly Proteus if Proteus doesn't see it coming.

I wouldn't even recommend he try to do anything with the Hulk. Bad things happen when people try to mess with the Hulk's powers.

Leech has neutralized the powers of Mr. M, Absolon Mercator, whose power-levels are outrageous even for an Omega-level mutant.

So if all the target has going for him is mutant-power, the target is going down.

Could Leech leech Leech?
    Chief Curmudgeon

If Leech leeched Darwin, could Darwin adapt in time?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think it only works on mutants.

And there's no way he's shutting down anything godlike. Shazam and Juggernaut are safe.

Scarlet Witch would be a tricky one. He could possibly shut down her mutant powers, but those are fairly intertwined by her magic powers and I don't think he can touch those.

I'd say he could probabaly shut down any high powered mutant. Exodus, Magneto, Xavier... possibly Proteus if Proteus doesn't see it coming.

I wouldn't even recommend he try to do anything with the Hulk. Bad things happen when people try to mess with the Hulk's powers.
    only works on mutants? Based on what?

Based on his every appearance, I’m pretty sure.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Based on his every appearance, I’m pretty sure.
    I don't understand every appearance he has tried to Leech the powers from a non mutant and failed?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't understand every appearance he has tried to Leech the powers from a non mutant and failed?
    I mean, his powers have always been described as being able to temporarily turn off mutant powers.

Explicitly mutant powers.

I can’t recall if he’s ever tried and failed to leech a non-mutant.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Well, I know he can't affect demons or Man-Thing, but the supernatural stuff always tends to have that little asterisk by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Well, I know he can't affect demons or Man-Thing, but the supernatural stuff always tends to have that little asterisk by it.
    I thought he affected some of the low level demons in inferno?

I mean, his powers have always been described as being able to temporarily turn off mutant powers.

Explicitly mutant powers.

I can’t recall if he’s ever tried and failed to leech a non-mutant.
    Leech has also been shown to dampen abilities that are non-mutant in origin at times, like the Fantastic Four, Hazmat of the Avengers Academy,[20] and during Marvel's Mutant Massacre crossover event, Leech negated the powers of the superhero team Power Pack, whose abilities were bestowed on them by an extraterrestrial

That's what is says online but I can't validate it at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Leech has also been shown to dampen abilities that are non-mutant in origin at times, like the Fantastic Four, Hazmat of the Avengers Academy,[20] and during Marvel's Mutant Massacre crossover event, Leech negated the powers of the superhero team Power Pack, whose abilities were bestowed on them by an extraterrestrial

That's what is says online but I can't validate it at the moment
    Ah, now I’m sad thinking of the X-Terminators team in Inferno. Loved that mini-series.

Leech, Artie, Wiz-Kid, Rusty, Skids and Rictor (from memory - don’t think there was anyone else).
    Chief Curmudgeon

Doesn’t sound consistent if anything
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ah, now I’m sad thinking of the X-Terminators team in Inferno. Loved that mini-series.

Leech, Artie, Wiz-Kid, Rusty, Skids and Rictor (from memory - don’t think there was anyone else).
    Edit: FFS. I forgot Boom Boom, who arguably became the most famous of all of them.
    Chief Curmudgeon