Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That much effort to get into Dianas mind - I liked. Psycho has to work overtime to warp her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    80.000 tons should be nothing for a high tier. After reading that i did not pay attention to the grail fight. Now that makes things better. Thank you for letting me know. Still, i would have prefered if the whole obelisk think that came before was done differently.

Okay so if 80,000 tons is the weight of the Monument itself (but it's more than that, King used a low ball estimate) and using the gravitational acceleration on Earth then F = mass x acceleration = 91,000,000 kg x 9.8 m/s^2. So that's a F on Diana's end of a **** ton (no pun intended haha). But it's not free falling, it's being slammed down by a juiced up giant so that would increase the the force of impact. She basically withstood and completely stopped the equivalent of the impact several nuclear bombs. What the hell else do you want haha?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It was really good, but not perfect. Diana's voice is still VERY off. But the villains get some pretty great showings. I'd rank them as such:

1. Giganta - easily the highlight of the issue. While yes, she is empowered by Circe and DOES end up getting one-hit-KO'd (after pretty much everyone else is already out except Grail), this is the kind of spectacle that Giganta works so well in. A visual feast of chaos and building-throwing. She looked great, too. And it's just really cool seeing such a big and powerful villain whose also a woman.

2. Grail - I'm still not a huge fan of Grail, but her being that last edge to take Diana out was pretty smart.

3. Circe - Not my favorite Circe showing, but I can't express how much I love her turning into a cat and sleeping it off. The Sovereign being uneasy about working with her is hilarious.

4. Angle Man & Doctor Psycho - Neither of them appeared much, and they were taken out surprisingly early. Honestly, I was surprised at how little they did.

5. Silver Swan - I guess for this story, it works. But god I hate this version of the Swan so bad. Still, it was great seeing Diana go to such lengths to protect her from Giganta's onslaught.
    I'm not even sure what Angle Man and Psycho were trying to do. Its implied Angle was buffing Psycho, but I'm not sure how that would work considering their powersets.

Circe likely wasn't even exhausted, she turned into a cat for trolling purposes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not even sure what Angle Man and Psycho were trying to do. Its implied Angle was buffing Psycho, but I'm not sure how that would work considering their powersets.

Circe likely wasn't even exhausted, she turned into a cat for trolling purposes.
    With the angler now being related to the Anti-Life equation my guess is it was supposed to help by amplifying Dr. Psycho's powers to make Diana docile/immovable so she wouldn't fight back or resist. With Diana's resistance to mind control they probably needed both to be able to affect her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It irks me to admit that, after hating everything else he has written, King's Wonder Woman is a Goddess! and Chef's kisses delectable. I loveloveLOVED!!! it (as I have quite enjoyed the other five that came before.) This issue was exquisitely-rendered gorgeousnessity from start to finish.

One thing that stumps me though is the time where-in the events of this story is being told. Incarcerated Old King Cole is telling the story to Trinity so here I'm thinking it occurred in the very recent past, okies, coolz...but he says: "All we can say all these years later is that she...she was Wonder Woman, and that was quite enough." Which begs the question...Just how long ago did this story arc unfold? Did I miss a timestamp somewhere in one of the earlier issues?

Or...is the story actually occurring in our present but is being told many, many years later to Trinity? I'm a tad confused.

That one panel of Donna(?) kidnapping Steele is most intriguing for when/where it is shown.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Okay so if 80,000 tons is the weight of the Monument itself (but it's more than that, King used a low ball estimate) and using the gravitational acceleration on Earth then F = mass x acceleration = 91,000,000 kg x 9.8 m/s^2. So that's a F on Diana's end of a **** ton (no pun intended haha). But it's not free falling, it's being slammed down by a juiced up giant so that would increase the the force of impact. She basically withstood and completely stopped the equivalent of the impact several nuclear bombs. What the hell else do you want haha?
    Several nuclear bombs? How do you come down with that calculation?

For the glory of Gaea, that art!!!! Absolutely stunning linework, action choreo, page design, and use of color. That panel in which Diana and Grail were yellow silhouettes against a bright red background was the most Wonder Woman comic book thing I have seen in a WW comic in a LONG time, and it gave me life. I loved how the Grail/Diana was so...tactile in the way it showcased every sinewy muscle, every mighty punch and every rivulet of blood on both women. There were many things about the writing that I didn't necessarily like, but whatever, the visuals for this issue made up for everything else. Sucks that we have to wait two months for the next issue.

As for Trinity, I am blissfully non-interested in that story after reading the first two installments, so I didn't even bother.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those splash pages sent me!!! In fact...every page sent me!!! Stunnsational work by Sampere and Co.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't expect Diana to struggle to lift an obelisk, or be so fragile that Giganta throwing an obelisk onto her is enough to KO her. Sorry, until i see a super powerful WW, my complains won't stop.
    She was not knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It irks me to admit that, after hating everything else he has written, King's Wonder Woman is a Goddess! and Chef's kisses delectable. I loveloveLOVED!!! it (as I have quite enjoyed the other five that came before.) This issue was exquisitely-rendered gorgeousnessity from start to finish.

One thing that stumps me though is the time where-in the events of this story is being told. Incarcerated Old King Cole is telling the story to Trinity so here I'm thinking it occurred in the very recent past, okies, coolz...but he says: "All we can say all these years later is that she...she was Wonder Woman, and that was quite enough." Which begs the question...Just how long ago did this story arc unfold? Did I miss a timestamp somewhere in one of the earlier issues?

Or...is the story actually occurring in our present but is being told many, many years later to Trinity? I'm a tad confused.

That one panel of Donna(?) kidnapping Steele is most intriguing for when/where it is shown.
    Being told to Trinity 19 years later. She goes to visit him in #800

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

This story is happening in the present, but Sovy's is narration to Trinity is 20 years in the future.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    She was not knocked out.
    They suggested it could KO her. And that she gave her all to stop it. The fight with grail acually showed better power and it is the same issue.

Fantastic Member

They suggested it could KO her. And that she gave her all to stop it. The fight with grail acually showed better power and it is the same issue.
    Sovereign suggested it. The guy who thought the US military could take out Wonder Woman. He is an unreliable narrator, the only thing you are supposed to take from him is the positive things he says about Diana.

Fantastic Member

What does people think about Diana punching Swan? I kinda thought it was to fast, but I also understand it since she was under attack by what she thought was two threats. I see people on Twitter say it was weird she tried to talk out Giganta, but not Swan. I thought as I said that was ok since she had to think fast and believed now she was attacked by both Giganta and Swan. I mean Swan was cloaked by magic and then surprise attacked her by slamming her into the monument.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    What does people think about Diana punching Swan? I kinda thought it was to fast, but I also understand it since she was under attack by what she thought was two threats. I see people on Twitter say it was weird she tried to talk out Giganta, but not Swan. I thought as I said that was ok since she had to think fast and believed now she was attacked by both Giganta and Swan. I mean Swan was cloaked by magic and then surprise attacked her by slamming her into the monument.
    She isn't going to talk down every villain as they attack as a team lol