Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    If that wouldn't have happened. I would have liked the issue, sadly i will be remembering that the so called powerhouse WW is so fragil, that an obelisk is a real threat to her. Not a good look for her durability. And WW surpassing ''all limits'' to lift and throw and obelisk is far from impressive in my eyes. Maybe because i still view WW wih the pre 52 sandards. Probably if i could accept her as just the average super human warrior girl, then it's be different. But WW will always be supposed to be capable of much more than this in my book.
    How can she be "one shotted" if she actually wasn't one shotted lol.

She threw it right back at Giggy

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Bruh what? This is the biggest strength showing she's had in like....forever. You want her to lift heavy things....well, we had a whole splash page. You too much haha.
    I don't expect Diana to struggle to lift an obelisk, or be so fragil that Giganta throwing an obelisk onto her is enough to KO her. Sorry, until i see a super powerful WW, my complains won't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How can she be "one shotted" if she actually wasn't one shotted lol.

She threw it right back at Giggy
    Didn't you read the issue? They said they calculated corretcly that a hit of that magnitude would KO her, but it didn' cos WW catched the obelisk. So barely obelisk level durability, and barely above obelisk strength level as it took her all to stop it, lift it and throw it, for the ''powereful'' WW. WOW, she is so strong. One of the strongest like DC says. Sigh.

Didn't you read the issue? They said they calculated corretcly that a hit of that magnitude would KO her, but it didn' cos WW catched the obelisk. So barely obelisk level durability, and barely above obelisk strength level as it took her all to stop it, lift it and throw it, for the ''powereful'' WW. WOW, she is so strong. One of the strongest like DC says. Sigh.
    You said she got one shotted. I'm looking for where she did.

And we're taking the VILLAINs narration of her as pure fact? Sovereigns whole problem is underestimating her.

Anoher weak action issue with average super human stats warrior girl. We learn that the ''powerful'' WW can be one shotted by an obelisk being thrown onto her. Sigh.
    The obelisk she shrugged off and then went on to have an hour long fight with Grail that she then won?

Yeah sure..."one shotted".

You said she got one shotted. I'm looking for where she did.

And we're taking the VILLAINs narration of her as pure fact? Sovereigns whole problem is underestimating her.
    I am talking about the narraion. It makes it clear that an obelisk could KO or even kill her. As it says that's how your mother survived. By going all out to save swan. Going all out vs an obelisk, tha is WW's best nowdays, an obelisk level ''powerhouse'' How does she survive hits from kryptonians wih such low level of durabiliy and sstrength. Plot armor i guess. By the virtue of her solo feats. Aquaman, Supergirl, Shazam etc should destroy her pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The obelisk she shrugged off and then went on to have an hour long fight with Grail that she then won?

Sure, ignore the narration saying that something like that can one shote her. And that it took her all o lift and trhow it. Weak as usual for current Diana.

I am talking about the narraion. It makes it clear that an obelisk could KO or even kill her. As it says that's how your mother survived. By going all out to save swan. Going all out vs an obelisk, tha is WW's best nowdays, an obelisk level ''powerhouse'' How does she survive hits from kryptonians wih such low level of durabiliy and sstrength. Plot armor i guess. By the virtue of her solo feats. Aquaman, Supergirl, Shazam etc should destroy her pretty easily.
    This is what was said
    Anoher weak action issue with average super human stats warrior girl. We learn that the ''powerful'' WW can be one shotted by an obelisk being thrown onto her. Sigh.
    But regardless. Sovereign says it should hurt her. Sovereign. The enemy. Who's never faced her. So essentially you're mad that an enemy thought she was weak.

Incredible Member

Clearly, until WW takes on and kills the entire DCU, some people won't be happy or will complain. Power-level/strength feat complaints are valid, but I don't think this issue gave us anything to really complain about.

Clearly, until WW takes on and kills the entire DCU, some people won't be happy or will complain. Power-level/strength feat complaints are valid, but I don't think this issue gave us anything to really complain about.
    The narration says that an 80.000 ons obelisk thrown onto her is enough to KO, or maybe kill her. Since they explain how she survived by giving it her all o save swan. What am i supposed to think of such description? Beat the entire DCU? No, i simply expect her not to go down by an obelisk.

This is what was said

But regardless. Sovereign says it should hurt her. Sovereign. The enemy. Who's never faced her. So essentially you're mad that an enemy thought she was weak.
    If the comic suggests that an 80.000 tons obelisk thrown at her is her limit of strength and durability, then yes, i find that to be weak for WW standards.

I don't expect Diana to struggle to lift an obelisk, or be so fragil that Giganta throwing an obelisk onto her is enough to KO her. Sorry, until i see a super powerful WW, my complains won't stop.
    What? Did you read the issue? She literally used the Washington Monument as a javelin. Have you been to the Washington Monument? That's, like, textbook absurdly overpowered comic book stuff.

And it didn't knock her out...she had enough gas left to take out Darkseid's daughter. Yeah, Sovereign says it should've knocked her out, but he talks about it specifically because he recognizes that the "shoulds" were all his hubris. He then proceeds to mention people claiming they could hear her punches from states over and talks about how she can break mountains apart with her knuckles.

This is why I hate versus forums and those stupidly huge comic book fights with multiverses and planets or whatever. This is textbook mythic god **** and people will still complain just because the scale is comprehensible.

Sure, ignore the narration saying that something like that can one shote her. And that it took her all o lift and trhow it. Weak as usual for current Diana.
    Yes, the narration from a villain set in the future where the way it's written makes clear he continually underestimated Diana and look at how it all turned out for him.

Pretty sure at this point Diana could tank a planet getting thrown at her but if she so much as a scratch on her, we'd still hear whining about "weak link" "jobber", "one shotted"

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    What? Did you read the issue? She literally used the Washington Monument as a javelin. Have you been to the Washington Monument? That's, like, textbook absurdly overpowered comic book stuff.

And it didn't knock her out...she had enough gas left to take out Darkseid's daughter. Yeah, Sovereign says it should've knocked her out, but he talks about it specifically because he recognizes that the "shoulds" were all his hubris. He then proceeds to mention people claiming they could hear her punches from states over and talks about how she can break mountains apart with her knuckles.

This is why I hate versus forums and those stupidly huge comic book fights with multiverses and planets or whatever. This is textbook mythic god **** and people will still complain just because the scale is comprehensible.
    80.000 tons should be nothing for a high tier. After reading that i did not pay attention to the grail fight. Now that makes things better. Thank you for letting me know. Still, i would have prefered if the whole obelisk think that came before was done differently.

Yes, the narration from a villain set in the future where the way it's written makes clear he continually underestimated Diana and look at how it all turned out for him.

Pretty sure at this point Diana could tank a planet getting thrown at her but if she so much as a scratch on her, we'd still hear whining about "weak link" "jobber", "one shotted"

If that happens. I will be the first to praise the writter. So far, i expect way more than 80.000 tons to be a level of force suggested to KO WW.