Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Maybe if people keep going on King about Silver Swan, he'll at least pull what he keeps pulling and say that she remembers both origins.

EDIT: If they're polite about it, of course.

Wonder Woman is trending on twitter and there are so many images celebrating WW #6 I had to stop scrolling.

This is going to be epic.

Big, fun fight scenes. We were due.

Juiced up Giganta was cool.

Silver Swan did nothing, but she was just a distraction. I'm not opposed to an obsessed stalker rogue for Diana, but Vanessa shouldn't be it.

I prefer to think Circe wasn't exhausted from her efforts. She just got bored and fell asleep.

Still think Grail is a lame character, but for the purposes of a massive powerhouse fight like this, she was suitable.

Mixed feelings on the Sovereign's narration. There are times when his verbose droning is too much and one longs for a "less is more" approach.
    Other times his self-important twaddle suits the scene. It works best when what's actually happening contradicts the grandiose bull**** he's spouting.

Donna caught Sarge, so I guess Diana anticipated a trap or her own capture.

Will probably skip next issue. Appears to be an unrelated interlude, and I've zero interest in trinity nonsense.
    Though I wonder if the Sovereign will narrate that, too, even if it doesn't tie into his plot. If not him, probably Superman.

I would like to point out that the clay origin isn't TECHNICALLY confirmed, it's a "they say" thing.

Mind you, King is also making it clear which one he prefers, I'm just saying.

The Grail fight was great. I don't think Amazonian unarmed combat gets enough credit or spotlight, so I always appreciate it when it shows up.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

It was really good, but not perfect. Diana's voice is still VERY off. But the villains get some pretty great showings. I'd rank them as such:

1. Giganta - easily the highlight of the issue. While yes, she is empowered by Circe and DOES end up getting one-hit-KO'd (after pretty much everyone else is already out except Grail), this is the kind of spectacle that Giganta works so well in. A visual feast of chaos and building-throwing. She looked great, too. And it's just really cool seeing such a big and powerful villain whose also a woman.

2. Grail - I'm still not a huge fan of Grail, but her being that last edge to take Diana out was pretty smart.

3. Circe - Not my favorite Circe showing, but I can't express how much I love her turning into a cat and sleeping it off. The Sovereign being uneasy about working with her is hilarious.

4. Angle Man & Doctor Psycho - Neither of them appeared much, and they were taken out surprisingly early. Honestly, I was surprised at how little they did.

5. Silver Swan - I guess for this story, it works. But god I hate this version of the Swan so bad. Still, it was great seeing Diana go to such lengths to protect her from Giganta's onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    She does give Diana a solid beating first though. Granted, she's beefed up by Circe's magic but still.
    I don't mind the one-hit-K.O. for Giganta this time, since Diana caber tossing the Washington Monument back at Giganta is a way cooler take-down then just punching her once in the jaw.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Is King forcing “no thank you” as her “hell yeah” catchphrase? Yes. But goddamnit it went hard this issue:

If you’re someone who has been complaining about her power levels, this issue showed how strong and tough Diana is. Her entire freaking Rogues Gallery came out to kick her ass, and she didn’t fall before making sure they went down first. Sampere is a freaking beast and he was unleashed this issue, I can see a lot of pages becoming “iconic”, especially the one where she sends the Washington monument back to Giganta, or the pages above.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think it was even implied Diana didn't fall at the end, she just faked it to get close to Sovy.

Edit: (also Sampere's Diana clearly doesn't skip back-day)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 02-20-2024 at 11:15 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Maybe if people keep going on King about Silver Swan, he'll at least pull what he keeps pulling and say that she remembers both origins.

EDIT: If they're polite about it, of course.
    It would only make her creepier if she remembers being Diana's little sis...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It would only make her creepier if she remembers being Diana's little sis...
    Wouldn't be the first to grow up to fall in love with their idol. But i put it more on her mind being warped from being turned into SS

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wouldn't be the first to grow up to fall in love with their idol. But i put it more on her mind being warped from being turned into SS
    It would fit with Dr. Psycho's depravity.

Lmao I thought for sure that this issue would sate mystical/WonderLight and then I read the thread and of course they’re still complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think it was even implied Diana didn't fall at the end, she just faked it to get close to Sovy.

Edit: (also Sampere's Diana clearly doesn't skip back-day)
    Yeah it’s clearly part of her plan, given how the Wonder Girls don’t get involved and grab Steel instead. Plan is probably to get Sov’s location out of Steel and then go rescue Diana.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    4. Angle Man & Doctor Psycho - Neither of them appeared much, and they were taken out surprisingly early. Honestly, I was surprised at how little they did.
    Considering Circe literally whispering into Angelo's ear and the "President Psycho" bit, I doubt this is the last we'll see of them.

I just read the issue. The artwork is absolutely gorgeous in it and the action was fun. I love Giganta's entrance and literally every scene she was in. How is she not a bigger threat deal in DC lore? I want more Giganta! Also a great display of strength from Diana. I was entertained all the way through their battle.