Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Even though I liked seeing all the villains I kinda didn't like it also, because I kinda feel like it made them feel weak in that they had to team-up to take on Diana and still couldn't do it.
    Yeah I know that villains doesn't have to be as powerful as their hero, but still. Kinda feel like it could be seen as to why Sovereign should be the "Lex or Joker" for Diana since none of her regular villains are capable. The only one who came out of this looking capable is Circe (kinda Grail) all others were powered up.
    Edit: I don't see Sovereign as her archenemy, but that it could be how King would like to present it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Even though I liked seeing all the villains I kinda didn't like it also, because I kinda feel like it made them feel weak in that they had to team-up to take on Diana and still couldn't do it.
    Yeah I know that villains doesn't have to be as powerful as their hero, but still. Kinda feel like it could be seen as to why Sovereign should be the "Lex or Joker" for Diana since none of her regular villains are capable. The only one who came out of this looking capable is Circe (kinda Grail) all others were powered up.
    Edit: I don't see Sovereign as her archenemy, but that it could be how King would like to present it.
    I think that’s one of the things I did like. It gives them opportunity to work together again in the future.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I think that’s one of the things I did like. It gives them opportunity to work together again in the future.
    I'm not against team-ups I think that is great and hope there will be more. However a problem with the general view of Wonder Woman villains are that they are bad and weak, this doesn't really help with that.

This probably was my favorite issue of the run! Firstly I just love seeing Diana in her civilian attire! It shows she does have a normal life. I would love if she get an inversion for fashion.

Really loved seeing what was said about Steve and Giganta coming from the ground under.

Grail and Diana’s fight had to happen. I’m glad Diana gave her the beating of her life. She earned it.

Now…I also noticed Donna taking Steel…I’m sure they are waiting for someone to take Wonder Woman so they can follow in pursuit as it seem like she’s playing possum

I'm not against team-ups I think that is great and hope there will be more. However a problem with the general view of Wonder Woman villains are that they are bad and weak, this doesn't really help with that.
    I hope not. I feel like Giganta shouldn’t need anyone..I feel like she should be looking for the power herself…like going to the frost giants.

Agreed. If anyone thought that Diana has a weak Rogues Gallery, this issue definitely won't change their mind.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This issue was nothing shot of epic! Giganta and Grail really stole the show. The amount of power and ferocity Giganta showed hasn't been seen in quite a while. While it may seem as though Circe powered her up, I think what King's writing inferred was that Circe tampered with Diana(along with Dr. Psycho & Angle Man). Grail proved that she's still an A-list level threat and quite worthy amongst Diana's rogues. I did enjoy the subtile amount of respect she showed Diana, as a fellow warrior. I wish King would have done more with Angle Man & Dr. Psycho but they both played important roles which is nothing to cast off. Silver Swan seemed like she was insane. Perhaps that was Circe or Dr. Psycho's doing? She's become such a tragic character. Almost like Diana's Bizarro or Reverse Flash. I hope we get a reason why Sovereign and Steel didn't recruit Cheetah. Perhaps it's as simple as she said "no" but it would be nice to know.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Anoher weak action issue with average super human stats warrior girl. We learn that the ''powerful'' WW can be one shotted by an obelisk being thrown onto her. Sigh.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Anoher weak action issue with average super human stats warrior girl. We learn that the ''powerful'' WW can be one shotted by an obelisk being thrown onto her. Sigh.
    What else happened in the issue....did you read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't remember the exact issue number but it was in the early part of Infinite Crisis. Giganta was able to capture & hold Power Girl in the grip of her hand, proving that her strength is on par with Kryptonians.
    I see. Thank you for the info.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post

Bruh what? This is the biggest strength showing she's had in like....forever. You want her to lift heavy things....well, we had a whole splash page. You too much haha.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Bruh what? This is the biggest strength showing she's had in like....forever. You want her to lift heavy things....well, we had a whole splash page. You too much haha.
    It's a case of "tell me you didn't read the issue without telling me you didn't read the issue"

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What else happened in the issue....did you read it?
    If that wouldn't have happened. I would have liked the issue, sadly i will be remembering that the so called powerhouse WW is so fragil, that an obelisk is a real threat to her. Not a good look for her durability. And WW surpassing ''all limits'' to lift and throw and obelisk is far from impressive in my eyes. Maybe because i still view WW wih the pre 52 sandards. Probably if i could accept her as just the average super human warrior girl, then it's be different. But WW will always be supposed to be capable of much more than this in my book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Best issue so far. Vanessa's characterization sucked, but that's not unique to this run with the Rebirth incarnation. It is what it is, unfortunately.

Giganta was still a beast even if she didn't get the final blow. I'm still "meh" on Grail, but their fight was well done. Sovereigns narration, as always, was hit or miss. But when it hit, it was really good.

I hope these aren't the only Wonder Rogues King will use in this run. This was an impressive display of teamwork for all of them, i would like to see some imaginative uses for others

We must continue saying that Sampere's art elevates this book to the stratosphere, how lucky we are to have it.
    I really liked this issue, and if I have to say something negative it is that for a team of villains I think Psycho, Angle Man and even Circe are unnecessary.
    I think the narrative would have been better if it focused only on Giganta, Grail, and Silver Swan.
    This issue made me fall in love with Giganta again, and even seeing Grail as a WW villain (what happened in Wilson's run made me hate her)
    Clearly Tom King is going to take the path of Vanessa falling in love with Diana, we'll see what turns out of that.
    The other negative aspect is that I really wanted the story of the Sovereign to end in this issue, bur well....
    I'm curious what the next issue will be like, which apparently is a story outside of temporal continuity, where I suppose there will be no appreciation of Sovy, or so I hope!