Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

1. DETECTIVE COMICS (original run)
    2. SUPERMAN/ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN/SUPERMAN (original run)
    3. BATMAN (original run)
    4. ACTION COMICS/ACTION COMICS WEEKLY/ACTION COMICS (original run)
    5. JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA (original run)
    6. NEW COMICS/NEW ADVENTURE COMICS/ADVENTURE COMICS (original run)
    7. SUPERBOY/SUPERBOY & THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES/LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES/TALES OF THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (original run)
    8. FLASH COMICS/THE FLASH (original run)
    9. WORLD'S BEST COMICS/WORLD'S FINEST COMICS (original run)
    10a. SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE (original run)
    10b. SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN/THE SUPERMAN FAMILY (original run)

It was a split decision on JIMMY OLSEN vs. LOIS LANE. The longer run goes to SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN/THE SUPERMAN FAMILY. But SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE had the Kurt Schaffenberger art. However, Schaff did a lot of work on OLSEN/FAMILY, as well.

1. Mark Waid's original Flash run
    2. Ron Marz's run on Green Lantern
    3. the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans
    4. Grant Morrison's JLA
    5. Grant Morrison's Batman
    6. James Robinson's Starman
    7. Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire Justice League
    8. Roger Stern's Starman (the Will Payton version)
    9. Jerry Ordway's Power of Shazam
    10. pre-Crisis Superman (all of it)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    1. Mark Waid's original Flash run
    2. Ron Marz's run on Green Lantern
    3. the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans
    4. Grant Morrison's JLA
    5. Grant Morrison's Batman
    6. James Robinson's Starman
    7. Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire Justice League
    8. Roger Stern's Starman (the Will Payton version)
    9. Jerry Ordway's Power of Shazam
    10. pre-Crisis Superman (all of it)
    I respect anybody who cared for the pre-Crisis Superman. The pre-Crisis Superman had heart. . . . and continuity . . . . Yes, he could be silly but I loved him. Even when he was trying to escape from Lois' attempts to trap him into marriage

--jthree

Fantastic Member

I love Pre-Crisis Superman a lot too, plus Supergirl and the Flash!

Also casting a vote for Aquaman Sword of Atlantis.

I dunno, I can't order them all in my head, mostly if it's not just runs and some of my favs like Martian Manhunter by Ostrander/Orlando have to compete with big hitters like All Star Superman or Historia.

But anyway: Historia at the top toppest of every fuckin thing ever put into a comic, the rest of mankind's written culture doesn't matter.

i'd like to at least bring me mandatory Wonder Woman apreciation. As, for many time I thought my fav run of the character was George Pérez, but every time I go back to my collection, I realise my actual favorite Wonder Woman runs, verssion and vision of the character comes from Greg Rucka. There, that goes to the top.

Can't continue whitout putting up there some more works from Grant Morrison. Seven Soldiers, Animal Man, Batman and JLA. That would make a huge list of works from just one author, but, what can I say? It's my favorite writer, lol

Tom King and Alan Moore should also be on my list, um. Mostly, Mr Miracle and Swamp Thing, oviously. Also Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow, thanks James Gunn!

Another Wonder Woman comic to the top and I swear it's the last one: George Pérez and Gail Simone.

Also, can't go whitout putting up there other team comics: JLI (you know which), JLD by Tynion and 52. Can't figure any list whitout at least one of these comics.

Longer runs? Im not that fond of Waid's Flash or the New teen Titans, but Starman should be on my top, OF COURSE.

Some older comics? I love Silver Age Superman and Golden Age Wonder Woman, but at the end of the day my top 10 should 100% totally have the Fourth World.

Watchmen, i guess

Oh my god, and Sabdman! Doom Patrol, Invisibles, Hellblazer, Transmetropolitan... Man if we start adding Vertigo comics then it would stop being a DC list and would turn into a Vertigo plus some DC comics

Im also fuckin loving some current runs, like Blue beetle, Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman or Nightwing, but i'm sitting and waiting for them to end before adding one to my top 10 lists, it's too early to tell tbh.

Im not gonna order it all, sorry, not sorry.
    Last edited by Garrac; 02-28-2024 at 04:15 AM.