Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I can see Hope flying off into the narrative sunset at the end of this, and I would not be shocked if they sent the rest of the Five with her. The way they've built them up as so close and seeing each other as a family unit, if beating Enigma requires some kind of sacrifice like Hope staying in the WHR while Jean returns to the mortal plane, I could see them writing out the rest of the Five at the same time with them choosing to stay by her side and keep her company so she won't be alone, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Admantium armor seems more into Stark's forte rather than Forge's? Also Percy leaving x-office confirmed
    Forge did team up with Ironheart in recent Iron Man issues, so maybe that's where he got the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Tempus and Proteus are insanely powerful too. Goldballs isn't exactly a mainstay X-Men. I can see the Five being taken off the table altogether, or only Elixir making it out of this event with his active X-Men membership intact.
    Yeah. Goldballs is so unimportant that Bendis actually took him over to Miles Morales when he left X-Men, and then after Bendis's run ended and before Miles's book relaunched, an issue of Champions had him get shot on the first day of term. He ended up in a wheelchair, and wasn't used when Saladin Ahmed's Miles run started. He returned to the X books shortly after in X-Men Disassembled - luckily one of his old teammates was a healer, to the point that self-resurrection is in his powerset, so he was able to heal Fabio's injuries.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I will laugh hysterically though if this issue of X-Men Forever writes out Hope as she sacrifices herself to stop Enigma. I mean, the cover literally has her exiting stage right, and you gotta appreciate that joke, IMO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    As much as they keep repeating how dire the situation supposedly is, I just don't feel the stakes of this event. Second Coming seemed like a lot more desperate struggle for mutants.
    When they say they are on their lowest point they mean morally, ethically and creatively.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I still think Hope is going to die by the end of the Krakoa era. They've been teasing a Phoenix/Jean Vs Enigma fight for ages but my theory is that Hope is the one who's going to ultimately harness the power of the Phoenix and perish.

Why? Because resurrection will definitely be taken off the table for future stories; DNA collection is entirely possible even without Sinister's database so it's the Five who are really the essential component and the Five's method only really works because of Hope. Why wouldn't mutants continue to be resurrected if the Five still have the ability to do it? So I theorize they'll come up with an explanation as to why power copycats won't work and have Hope make the ultimate sacrifice.
    Just killing Hope wouldn't end resurrection. When she died Synch replace her and revive her. They would have to kill all of the posible replacement of the five (Synch, Mimic, Khora, Triage, Healer, Tempo, Timslip, Box...).

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Just killing Hope wouldn't end resurrection. When she died Synch replace her and revive her. They would have to kill all of the posible replacement of the five (Synch, Mimic, Khora, Triage, Healer, Tempo, Timslip, Box...).
    Whether Hope can be replaced was a huge quandry, Synch can do it but there's no confirmation Mimic can. And Synch is aging rapidly, he's circling the drain in his own right. Also Proteus doesn't have too many viable replacements available either. And Proteus requires constant new bodies. They can't just do one resurrection every now and again, it's constant resurrections or none. If Goldballs stops being available, Synch will kill himself out by subbing in for him in a month.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 02-17-2024 at 06:27 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Where's Hellion
    Good F@(%!#G Question!! Where is he!!???? Why won't they use him?????

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

He isn't in the WHR...he IS the WHR. Jean is dying inside him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I still think Hope is going to die by the end of the Krakoa era. They've been teasing a Phoenix/Jean Vs Enigma fight for ages but my theory is that Hope is the one who's going to ultimately harness the power of the Phoenix and perish.
    They've been slowly pealing off the layers of Jean/Phoenix to reveal exactly what Jean/Phoenix is. It will more likely be revealed that Hope is, as was somewhat originally to be the case, a "child" of the Phoenix. Not a daughter of Jean, like Rachel. Hope has always been connected to the Phoenix, even if she's been in the dark about exactly what that means. I think they will give us that reveal finally, and then they may remove her, or send her back to the essence of Phoenix. We may finally see that Hope has always been a part of Jean's plan. We shall see.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The Forever cover seems to indicatie the end of Hope, or am I the only one thinking 't he mutant Messias finally sales all and sacrifices hetself?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The Forever cover seems to indicatie the end of Hope, or am I the only one thinking 't he mutant Messias finally sales all and sacrifices hetself?
    Yeah, Uncanny X-Man, DurararaFTW, BobbysWorld, Milic, and SugarMan have been discussing it in this thread.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I can see Hope flying off into the narrative sunset at the end of this, and I would not be shocked if they sent the rest of the Five with her. The way they've built them up as so close and seeing each other as a family unit, if beating Enigma requires some kind of sacrifice like Hope staying in the WHR while Jean returns to the mortal plane, I could see them writing out the rest of the Five at the same time with them choosing to stay by her side and keep her company so she won't be alone, etc, etc.
    It just dawned on me that the Noto portrait variant covers for this mini are of the Five. Well, four of them since Hope got one during Immortal. That makes your theory even more likely imo. Variants revealed so far.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would say Cable will be sad, but that Cable #4 cover could mean some sort of “factory reset” of the character is in the cards. Where the young and old versions merge somehow.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Iron Man/Magneto
    Will this duo do their own spin of the fastball special ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I would say Cable will be sad, but that Cable #4 cover could mean some sort of “factory reset” of the character is in the cards. Where the young and old versions merge somehow.
    It is really unfortunate that they didn’t find a way to reunite Cable & Hope. His data page about her in Children of the Vault was amazing.

Now that I think about it… Dead X-Men would have been a great place to loop Cable in. He could reconnect with his sister and provide some time travel assistance, all while trying to reach the white hot room itself to reunite with his daughter and his dying mother.