Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default May's X-Books: Experience the Penultimate Month of the X-Men's Krakoa Era

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=326036256

The Age of Krakoa is going out on a high note!

A period of mutant history unlike any other, the last five years of X-Men comic books has boldly reshaped mutant storytelling forever. While the Krakoan gates might be closing, the spirit and message of Krakoa will live on as the X-Men rise from the ashes this summer with all-new titles!

Just like how it began, the conclusion of the Krakoa is currently being told across two epic interconnected series—FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X. In addition, some of the most pivotal battles, boldest missions, and breathtaking betrayals are taking place in current series like X-MEN, X-MEN FOREVER, CABLE, and INVINCIBLE IRON MAN.

Meanwhile, Wolverine has been embroiled in a war against his archenemy in "Sabretooth War." Just in time for the character’s 50th anniversary, this epic storyline and Benjamin Percy’s acclaimed run will reach its riveting—and viciously violent—end in WOLVERINE #50. The over-sized issue will also feature special anniversary stories from legendary Wolverine creators!

CABLE #4 (OF 4)
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Art by SCOT EATON
    Cover by WHILCE PORTACIO
    On Sale 5/1

Time's run out—the Neocracy is at your door! As the fate of the world hangs in the balance, Cable faces both a devastating betrayal and an impossible decision! Will he be able to stem the tides of the Neocracy, or will he and the rest of the Marvel Universe be subsumed? Don't miss out on this explosive series finale!

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #18
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art by PATCH ZIRCHER
    Cover by KAEL NGU
    On Sale 5/1

Side by side with... Magneto! For years, the Master of Magnetism was Iron Man’s greatest fear. But to take down Orchis, will Tony have to work with the X-Men’s former adversary? And will a fight against every Sentinel on Earth be too much for even these two powerhouses?

X-MEN #34
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art and Cover by JOSHUA CASSARA
    On Sale 5/1

The end is nigh! The Krakoan Age is nearly at an end…and what might be the final battle of the heroes of Krakoa! One last stop before the fall and rise come to their conclusion…and everything changes!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

WOLVERINE #49
    Written by VICTOR LAVALLE & BENJAMIN PERCY
    Art by GEOFF SHAW
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 5/8

Armor up for the penultimate part of 'Sabretooth War!' Wolverine is powerless—but not defenseless. Forge made Logan one last invention, and with the lives of the X-Men and all mutants on the line, it’s time to unleash the ultimate weapon! COLLECTORS’ NOTE: Featuring the full debut of the Adamantium Armor!

X-MEN: FOREVER #3 (OF 4)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by LUCA MARESCA
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    On Sale 5/8

Now… War in Krakoa! A hunt in the White Hot Room! And a heartwarming family reunion (by which we mean "possibly involving setting fire to someone's heart with a flamethrower"). Spinning out from RISE OF THE POWERS OF X and IMMORTAL X-MEN comes a must-read for the conclusion of the Krakoan Age!

X-MEN: FOREVER #4 (OF 4)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by LUCA MARESCA
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    On Sale 5/15

…and forever! Our secrets, sinister or otherwise, are over. X-MEN FORVER ends with a question—after everything, do we have Hope or not? From between the pages of IMMORTAL X-MEN and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X, the final secrets of the Krakoan Age are revealed here!

That Pepe Larraz cover is fire.

Duggan really trying to push that Sycnh/Talon.

Still bummed that Betsy and Kwannon had no big showing in the ending of this era.

FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X #5 (OF 5)
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK
    Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    On Sale 5/22

The battle for the future! It all comes down to this: Orchis versus the X-Men, winner take the future! Orchis has pushed mutantkind to their lowest point ever, but that just means the X-Men have had to fight back like never before. Will it be enough? We continue to barrel toward the conclusion of the Krakoan Age as the two stories that are one come to an end!

WOLVERINE #50
    Written by BENJAMIN PERCY & VICTOR LAVALLE, LARRY HAMA & MORE
    Art by CORY SMITH, GEOFF SHAW, JAVI FERNÁNDEZ, DANIEL PICCIOTTO & MORE
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    On Sale 5/22

Creed vs. Logan—The final showdown! It’s all come down to this: the final battle between Wolverine and Sabretooth. The Sabretooth War concludes in the way it began—a violent, bloody battle—but who will be left standing? Plus: Special short stories celebrating fifty issues of this run and 50 years of Wolverine, from legendary Logan scribes including Larry Hama, as well as a final send-off from Benjamin Percy and Javi Fernández, and some special surprises!

RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #5 (OF 5)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art and Cover by LUCIANO VECCHIO
    On Sale 5/29

The battle for all time! The X-epic concludes in a battle between those who are outside time and that which is now and forever...and the result is being decided by whether someone can ultimately make the right choice. The end of the Krakoan Age barrels our way as the two series that are one conclude!

(I think the cover artist should be R.B. Silva, no?)

Stay alert next month for the announcement of the grand finale milestone issue of X-MEN coming in June!
    Last edited by JB; 02-16-2024 at 12:24 PM.

I’m kinda intrigued by xmen cover and description of the issue. I’m not sure if any plots have left for Duggan

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    I’m kinda intrigued by xmen cover and description of the issue. I’m not sure if any plots have left for Duggan
    Yeah I think for the most part his plot threads have been addressed or will soon be addressed (Firestar's reveal.) Which is good cause then hopefully it's all forward moving full steam ahead.

Adamantium Armor goes straight to the hall of worst ideas for Wolverine.

And by this last cover of ROTPX, could Jean be Traitor X?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

penultimate? What titles are left to finish?

Honestly, I'm just ready for them to wrap up this era and move on already. I'm more excited about the upcoming announcements, new creative teams, lineups, books, and designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Adamantium Armor goes straight to the hall of worst ideas for Wolverine.

And by this last cover of ROTPX, could Jean be Traitor X?
    Adamantium Armor Wolverine will be the best selling action figure of 2024 pre-order yours now!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    penultimate? What titles are left to finish?
    It mentions at the end of the article a "grand finale milestone issue of X-MEN coming in June." I wonder if there will be a break or if Brevoort's titles will start launching in June as well.

I get that completely. But I'm also kind of over them teasing the next thing. Example: Dawn, Reign, and Fall. Have all the writers lock down their stories and make them good before you all start teasing with whats next.

Some of these writers got too comfortable doing long form stories in which they were not good at.

I hope Breevort era does things differently because each phase stagnated and we were always waiting for whats next. But I think thats because JDW era was just having everything in a holding phase and not executed well.

I hope they learn from that. Like get us excited for whats coming out now and not what the next phase will be.

I dont even know if JDW knew what he wanted to do with the Hickman era after Hickman left because he was never really on board with it.

Both anxious and excited to see what they do with Betsy and Kwannon.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-16-2024 at 12:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

It's like this awful story is never going to end. Just kill all of Orchis already, it's not that hard.

It's interesting that Hope's shadow looks like the Phoenix. Also is that a Manifold portal she's walking towards?

Just realized RB Silva isnt finishing the Rise mini.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It mentions at the end of the article a "grand finale milestone issue of X-MEN coming in June." I wonder if there will be a break or if Brevoort's titles will start launching in June as well.
    I wonder if this is the extra 15 pages that Gillen mentioned in his newsletter a month ago