Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Deadpool & Wolverine: WWIII

Weapon X-Men

X-Men 97

Not sure the release schedules but those are some alt X-titles.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

A strong line-up of titles overall. I expect June might be even lighter before the big relaunch in July, probably with a bunch of one-shots to provide an epilogue. As much as I'm looking forward to the next era, I believe we're getting a strong finale of the Krakoan saga and I'm expecting greatness especially from Kieron Gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Thanks, I wonder now if they'll do a combination issue than. Part of it wraps up Krakoa part of it starts up Breevort's tenure. Just feels weird to me for a big milestone issue to be closing out an era.
    Uncanny #600 was the finale of the Bendis era, so there's recent precedent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm just waiting for July 2024 solits. The Rise from the Ashea that's been teased
    X-Men Forever

Someone posted recently that we should get some first looks at the relaunch next weekend (22nd/23rd).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Adamantium Armor goes straight to the hall of worst ideas for Wolverine.

And by this last cover of ROTPX, could Jean be Traitor X?
    It's still not a bad as fire claws.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    It's still not a bad as fire claws.
    Now, now, let's not fall for the classic 'either/or' trap. BOTH can be terri-bad. The answer we were looking for was "Both."

Admantium armor seems more into Stark's forte rather than Forge's? Also Percy leaving x-office confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Also Percy leaving x-office confirmed
    I gotta say, I loved Percy's X-Force right out the gate, even put Hickman's X-Men book to shame, but in the long run, it didn't work out(to put it mildly).

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    " Wolverine is powerless—but not defenseless. " If this is literal shouldn't he be dead from adamantium poisoning? Also we should add super strength to his powers list because that suit has to be incredibly heavy.

And hopefully we get more Laura vs Shebertooth before that run ends.

The Iron Man/Magneto, Hope and Jean Grey covers look fantastic.
    Its actually probably not that heavy. Being such a string metal they probably can make it really thin compared to most metals. So while it probably is heavy I would guess its not as heavy as one thinks.

Will we see yet another final fate of teen Cable?

Was not expecting the Iron Man and Magneto team-up. How many more issues is Duggan going to be on Iron Man once he wraps his X-Men stuff up?

So Ms. Marvel doesn't make it to the grand finale cover of Duggan's X-Men run? Kind of funny seeing Talon draped over Synch (which literally sums up her entire character) and Jean in the Marvel Girl dress again. And Apocalpyse and Magneto are there despite only being relevant as Krakoa political leaders. At least Emma's appeared more in the actual book.

There's something surreal about an event that's been so hard-hitting, violent, and brutal...including something as goofy as an Adamantium Armor in its climax.

Kurt finds out he has two moms just in time for them to try to kill each other and possibly end their marriage! Just avoid the toxicity, Kurt.

Why do I get the sense Hope is going to turn Phoenix and fly off into the cosmos or something.

Considering Duggan's past efforts, I'm expecting an underwhelming conclusion to X-Men vs Orchis. I mean, does anyone even still feel Nimrod is a threat?

Covers look great. I am excited for this story to conclude. Like most of us I expected this era to last longer than it did - I expected about 8 years but I should have known better. This era had so much promise and on more than a few instances it almost lived up to it. It was great having so many different characters across the various books. A lot of characters got decent coverage and there were some stand out issues (like Planet Size), and as much as I am nervous about a new direction, I remain hopeful that the next era will be good. We can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do I get the sense Hope is going to turn Phoenix and fly off into the cosmos or something.
    To paraphrase The Wachowskis, "The One must return to The Source."
    Hopes story was pretty much over the minute AvX was, and even being part of The Five felt like her spinning her wheels. It's time for her to retire to the White Hot Room.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

X-MEN: FOREVER #4 (OF 4)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by LUCA MARESCA
    Cover by MARK BROOKS
    On Sale 5/15

…and forever! Our secrets, sinister or otherwise, are over. X-MEN FORVER ends with a question—after everything, do we have Hope or not? From between the pages of IMMORTAL X-MEN and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X, the final secrets of the Krakoan Age are revealed here!
    I still think Hope is going to die by the end of the Krakoa era. They've been teasing a Phoenix/Jean Vs Enigma fight for ages but my theory is that Hope is the one who's going to ultimately harness the power of the Phoenix and perish.

Why? Because resurrection will definitely be taken off the table for future stories; DNA collection is entirely possible even without Sinister's database so it's the Five who are really the essential component and the Five's method only really works because of Hope. Why wouldn't mutants continue to be resurrected if the Five still have the ability to do it? So I theorize they'll come up with an explanation as to why power copycats won't work and have Hope make the ultimate sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I still think Hope is going to die by the end of the Krakoa era. They've been teasing a Phoenix/Jean Vs Enigma fight for ages but my theory is that Hope is the one who's going to ultimately harness the power of the Phoenix and perish.

Why? Because resurrection will definitely be taken off the table for future stories; DNA collection is entirely possible even without Sinister's database so it's the Five who are really the essential component and the Five's method only really works because of Hope. Why wouldn't mutants continue to be resurrected if the Five still have the ability to do it? So I theorize they'll come up with an explanation as to why power copycats won't work and have Hope make the ultimate sacrifice.
    Tempus and Proteus are insanely powerful too. Goldballs isn't exactly a mainstay X-Men. I can see the Five being taken off the table altogether, or only Elixir making it out of this event with his active X-Men membership intact.