Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    He also doesn't seem to have (or is aware) of Spider-Sense otherwise he would've realized it quicker.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Thinking about it, it's plausible for Peter to react as he does. He doesn't have combat experience; and the first reaction of any normal person who doesn't have combat experience to a conversation is going to be to continue the conversation. It would take time for a normal person to learn not to drop their guard when someone tries to talk to them.
    But, yes, apparently no spider-sense. But spider-sense is always a bit inconsistent. It makes life difficult for writers, since our hero getting surprised or ambushed is a standard way of generating drama that they can't use if Peter's spider-sense is functioning.
    end of spoilers
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    spoilers:
    Thinking about it, it's plausible for Peter to react as he does. He doesn't have combat experience; and the first reaction of any normal person who doesn't have combat experience to a conversation is going to be to continue the conversation. It would take time for a normal person to learn not to drop their guard when someone tries to talk to them.
    But, yes, apparently no spider-sense. But spider-sense is always a bit inconsistent. It makes life difficult for writers, since our hero getting surprised or ambushed is a standard way of generating drama that they can't use if Peter's spider-sense is functioning.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Even if it's inconsistent, I feel like if he had it would've been more visibly depicted than it is here.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

This issue reminded me of two animated episodes from the past:

*Black suit Spidey lifting the fire truck in TAS
    *With great power comes great gullibility from Spectacular, but that scene has Sandman

Fun issue, I'm glad I was convinced to read this stuff.
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    He also doesn't seem to have (or is aware) of Spider-Sense otherwise he would've realized it quicker.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If I recall correctly, it took original Ultimate Peter quite a few issues to discover the buzzing in his head was a danger sense.
    end of spoilers