Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of discovering Peter's identity . . . I wonder what'll happen if/when Uncle Ben does. Given Uncle Ben didn't die when Peter was a teenager and Peter only gained his powers as a full-fledged adult in this universe . . . I think we could be surprised. Whether that's for good or for ill . . . I can't even begin to guess.
    I think Uncle Ben's opinion on this can have two sides.

- On one hand, he could think Peter is acting irresponsable because, as Spider-Man, he might be putting his wife and children in danger.

- On the other hand, Uncle Ben knows the world is a rotten place with many secrets hidden from the public, so Peter fighting against all this could be the help Ben and Jonah needs to uncover the secrets of this world. On this, Uncle Ben would be proud of his nephew.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I think Uncle Ben's opinion on this can have two sides.

- On one hand, he could think Peter is acting irresponsable because, as Spider-Man, he might be putting his wife and children in danger.

- On the other hand, Uncle Ben knows the world is a rotten place with many secrets hidden from the public, so Peter fighting against all this could be the help Ben and Jonah needs to uncover the secrets of this world. On this, Uncle Ben would be proud of his nephew.
    Could even be a mix of both, along with being scared for Peter's safety after having already lost his beloved wife of many years, Peter's Aunt May, because of the machinations of the Maker's Council.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Could even be a mix of both, along with being scared for Peter's safety after having already lost his beloved wife of many years, Peter's Aunt May, because of the machinations of the Maker's Council.
    Yeah, I forgot that point. Both Peter and Ben would definitely want to take down the responsibles of Aunt May's death; and so it could Harry as the Goblin (in case he doesn't go wacko in this reality).

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, I forgot that point. Both Peter and Ben would definitely want to take down the responsibles of Aunt May's death; and so it could Harry as the Goblin (in case he doesn't go wacko in this reality).
    He might go off on his own because he also wants to take down those who were responsible for the deaths of his parents, the Maker's Council, but doesn't care as much about the collateral damage he might rack up in the process as Peter does.

He might go off on his own because he also wants to take down those who were responsible for the deaths of his parents, the Maker's Council, but doesn't care as much about the collateral damage he might rack up in the process as Peter does.
    Is there any truth to the rumor that I’m making up in this very post that Ultimate Uncle Ben is the new Ultimate Green Goblin?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Happy to see a Spider-Man with genuine superpowers; the current version of ASM seems like just an ordinary guy at this point (except for having a magnet for fists on his face).

enjoyed issue one so definitely looking forward to this one. This and ultimate BP have been good so far.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Is there any truth to the rumor that I’m making up in this very post that Ultimate Uncle Ben is the new Ultimate Green Goblin?
    No, it's already been spoiled that Harry Osborn is the Green Goblin in this new Ultimate Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    enjoyed issue one so definitely looking forward to this one. This and ultimate BP have been good so far.
    Would agree with you on Ultimate Black Panther, and Ultimate Spider-Man goes without saying, at this point.

No, it's already been spoiled that Harry Osborn is the Green Goblin in this new Ultimate Universe.

Would agree with you on Ultimate Black Panther, and Ultimate Spider-Man goes without saying, at this point.
    Ah. Thank you.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Ah. Thank you.
    You're welcome.

spoilers:
    There’s an interesting parallel between Peter and Harry here. Harry tries and fails to kill Fisk repeatedly, while Peter tries and fails to stop Shocker repeatedly. Poor Peter ends up in the dumpster twice, and then May finds out he’s Spider-Man when she walks in on him in the costume eating ice cream. I love that Hickman seems to be setting up Mayday to be the one to help design Peter’s red and blue look. We might get a moment where Peter brags that his daughter helped design his costume like how Superman tells a kid his mom helped designed his costume in For All Seasons. Ben and Jonah remain a hilarious duo, and Richard/May are well on their way to being that too with their shenanigans during MJ/Peter’s text chat. We get a nod to the Maker plotline with Captain Britain showing up and berating Fisk.

I did laugh at Peter getting his ass kicked twice by Shocker. Definitely a more naive Peter than we’re used to seeing. It’s a good issue but if I have one criticism it’s that not a lot happened. Think the issue would have been stronger if instead of us seeing Jonah and Ben in a sauna talking about what Harry is doing, we actually saw Harry make his attempts to kill Fisk. I’m guessing Hickman structured it like that so Checchetto could actually get the issue done on time, given we’re already slated to have guest artists come in.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

spoilers:
    I'm kind of surprised he hasn't outright told MJ what's going on. How much does she know at this point? And what is her job?

I do like that they're acknowledging the learning curve that Peter doesn't have the time or the youthful energy that let him be more natural with his powers back in the day so he's basically trying to speedrun being Spider-Man at a later age with none of the experience.

I never expected to see J. Jonah Jameson and Ben Parker in a sauna together discussing current events but I'm here for it. Also funny that they're only interest in Spider-Man is seeing him as a cover for what the Green Goblin is doing to Kingpin.

It's interesting how some things change but other things don't...like Peter still taking pictures of Spider-Man for the Bugle.

Even as a later-age Spider-Man Peter still won't shut up, but his humor feels more laidback and casual compared to 616 Spidey, which fits his personality here more.

All those issues of OG!Ultimate Shocker being treated like a joke and here here's jacked as @#$% and beats Spidey twice. I guess it didn't help that Peter was so gullible, but this is his first time.

So his daughter is the first to find out! And she gives him the inspiration for his traditional suit! Cute. Hopefully with a new suit comes his first real win as a hero.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Enjoyed the issue, looking forward to next one. Can not wait to talk and discuss spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I guess it didn't help that Peter was so gullible, but this is his first time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He got less gullible the second time around just a little bit too late.
    end of spoilers
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    spoilers:
    He got less gullible the second time around just a little bit too late.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He also doesn't seem to have (or is aware) of Spider-Sense otherwise he would've realized it quicker.
    end of spoilers