Incredible Member

Default Omni Man (Invincible) vs Apocalypse (Marvel)

Assume any scenario you like where Apocalypse is transported into the Invincible universe and ends up quickly crossing paths with Omni Man. Comic book versions of both. Who wins?

Omni Man is tough, but I can't think of anything he has that Apocalypse hasn't already encountered. Plus, Poccy has a wider variety of abilities that I think will be too much for Omni Man.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

IDK, Nolan isn't a high tier class 100 by Marvel standards, but I'm not sure Pooky is either. Best thing I saw him do wasrewtrsin the Hulk with good leverage. More notably, I'm not aware of speed feats for him and Omniman is a pretty solid speedster. So what are his best durability or speed feats? I believe he has telepathy so if he gets that off he can win, but I'm not sure he weathers the blitz well enough to form that thought.

Astonishing Member

Best thing I remember from Apocalypse in modern times was humiliating young, pre-Mjolnir Thor, hitting him hard enough it was said it would have removed his skull from his spine if he hadn't been at the time limber from drunkenness, and hurting him with eye beams. And then Apocalypse headbutted him hard enough to send shockwaves for a hundred miles, with Thor running away despite his pride because he knew his spine wouldn't take another hit like that one. For durability, Apocalypse's suit was just grazed by Thor hitting it with his Jarnbjorn axe with both hands, even if that last part might be controversial due to the Celestial killing spell that was applied to the axe later in order to allow Thor to beat Apocalypse, because it eventually applied to the ax allowing anyone to one-shot killing full Celestials, which brings up how powerful Apocalypse's suit was assumed to be at the time.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Best thing I remember from Apocalypse in modern times was humiliating young, pre-Mjolnir Thor, hitting him hard enough it was said it would have removed his skull from his spine if he hadn't been at the time limber from drunkenness, and hurting him with eye beams. And then Apocalypse headbutted him hard enough to send shockwaves for a hundred miles, with Thor running away despite his pride because he knew his spine wouldn't take another hit like that one. For durability, Apocalypse's suit was just grazed by Thor hitting it with his Jarnbjorn axe with both hands, even if that last part might be controversial due to the Celestial killing spell that was applied to the axe later in order to allow Thor to beat Apocalypse, because it eventually applied to the ax allowing anyone to one-shot killing full Celestials, which brings up how powerful Apocalypse's suit was assumed to be at the time.
    Isn't the suit supposed to be Celestial tech?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Isn't the suit supposed to be Celestial tech?
    Yeah, the issue at the time was the axe was empowered by some spell deeply pulled up in order to help Thor against Apocalypse, but it happened to be good enough to even kill in one hit Exitar the Celestial Executioner, who in that storyline shrugged off every superhero on Earth before destroying Earth just out of how big he was against it. A Kang plan in a restored timeline involved Sentry teaming up with Rogue (absorbing and maximizing every available mutant and superhero on Earth and the time) in order to temporarily delay Exitar from crushing Earth long enough for modern Thor (with the upgraded Jarnbjorn) to one-shot Exitar, when the previous timeline had the combined super genius efforts of Doctor Doom, Hulk, etc. fail completely.

Basically Apocalypse's presentation seems to be at best a multi X-Men teams buster but comparing him against the above is beyond the pale. I might not have an issue about the young Thor fight, since there was at least in passing a word in that story about Kang further meddling with the axe.
    Last edited by Wildling; 02-25-2024 at 07:34 PM.