Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #240 – Jordan D. White Discusses ‘Fall of the House of X’ #2

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/19/x-...-house-of-x-2/

Posting some of JDW's teases:

AIPT: OK, Manifold, Rogue, and Gambit. What’s next for this group?

Jordan: Well, it’s going to involve teleportation, I can tease that much. And Fall of the House of X #3 is not the end of it. Manifold has a very important job that he helps with in a different book that probably no other teleporter could have done.

AIPT: Well, what do you know about Sentinel City?

Jordan: All sorts, I know all sorts about Sentinel City.

AIPT: Have you been? Is it nice?

Jordan: Yeah, it’s beautiful. This time of year especially. No, no, no, I have not been, but I do know some stuff and I have seen some stuff and you will too.

AIPT: OK, to wrap up, what can you tease about Rise of the Powers of X #2 and Fall of the House of X #3?

Jordan: So at the end of Rise of the Powers of X #1, you started being introduced to Xavier’s team. In issue 2, you’re going to see more about them. You’re going to see where they are, you’re going to find out more about what their plans are and what they need to do in order to achieve them. It’s fascinating, it’s trippy, it’s complicated.

I mean, if you read the first issue, you saw that we had some interesting and complicated data pages — that was not the end of the interesting and complicated data pages. I really like them and the ones that we have in issue 2 are very cool. Hopefully they give you more to chew on about Xavier’s plan and what you think about it, whether you think he’s right or not, and whether everybody on his team thinks he’s right or not.

AIPT: And then Fall of the House of X #3 — it looks like there’ll be a Wolverine and Dr. Stasis confrontation?

Jordan: It does have Stasis and Wolverine on the cover. Stasis is definitely going to be in it and Wolverine is going to be in it too. What exactly goes on between them? You will have to see. I know some people saw that scene at the end of issue 2, where Stasis calls him a varmint, and they really hope Stasis gets his just desserts. I think they will be very fascinated to see what happens to him.

This week's eXclusive images are the Resurrection of Magneto #2 preview.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

AIPT: And she’s got help from Wolverine, Colossus, and Nightcrawler.

Jordan: I did see some folks very shocked at Kurt’s behavior — that he’s willing to kill. The X-Men right now are really in a very difficult place.

Ezoic
    What’s tricky about Kurt is that he’s coming off of a really fun, freewheeling mini-series. Now, it did have some deep emotions in it, but they’re not necessarily the emotions that will make you kill people. They’re more of the emotions that come with huge revelations and him kind of hiding from his responsibility to mutantkind and then coming to realize that you can’t do that. But then you also have to look at all that in the context of what happened before, where he was forced to be an assassin against his will. He’s killed a number of people recently — some of them world leaders. Control was taken away from him. Then, while he was hiding from that fact, the entirety of Krakoa was taken away from mutantkind.

Most of mutantkind was lost and it’s unclear at this moment whether they know they’re alive or not. So I do think it’s understandable that this is wartime for the X-Men. This isn’t just fighting supervillains time. This is wartime and that’s kind of ugly.
    He admits Kurt's actions don't fit anything shown before, including the FoX series a couple of months ago.

But still tries to justify the character assassination.

He's a terrible editor. I'm relieved he is almost gone.

AIPT: We see Synch in battle briefly, but I feel like we should also touch on the recent and heartbreaking end to the longest romance in X-Men history. What can you share about Talon’s demise? Is she really gone forever?

Jordan: Well, resurrection is kind of in a difficult place right now. They have put the Five back together in the White Hot Room — but they’re also in the White Hot Room, so how exactly does that work? In addition, there was a lot of ambiguity about who is allowed to come back in situations like this. So I think that for now, that seems to be the end of Talon, which is a bummer.
    But what’s interesting about that is this question: Is that the real Laura?
    Obviously, that’s the Laura who is more different from the Laura that we’ve come to know because she suddenly had hundreds of years of life experience under her belt. But also, she was the Laura we had pre-resurrection. And then, the Laura we now have in Sabretooth War is the Laura who was brought back without those memories because they didn’t have access to her mind at the time.
    I’ve always maintained, and I still do maintain, that when you resurrect someone, it is that person. It’s not a clone of that person. There’s something in the process of resurrection that goes beyond physical duplication. In House of X #5, when Magneto is speaking to Polaris after the Five finishes the process, he says, “The first was copying the mind–the essence, the anima–of any mutant Xavier found. So he could one day put a soul back into its mutant shell.” Something about this process is more than just their memories. It’s their actual selves.
    Talking about souls is complicated because, obviously in the real world, souls are a matter of what your spiritual beliefs are. And without getting into mine at all, what I can say with confidence is that it is not a matter of what you believe in the Marvel Universe. In the Marvel Universe, it is 100% factual that there is an afterlife. We’ve seen it. It is 100% factual that there are souls. We’ve seen them. So in the Marvel Universe, what I can say with confidence is these are the actual X-Men. Their souls are back in their bodies. They are not in the afterlife once they’re resurrected.
    How does that work with the two Lauras? I don’t know. It’s a metaphysical conundrum. I would say the new Laura is still the real Laura. And that there were just two real Lauras all this time. But now we’re back to having only one.
    This is the stupidest load of gobbledygook bullshit I've ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    He admits Kurt's actions don't fit anything shown before, including the FoX series a couple of months ago.

It's the limitations of these question moments. We often get a question in the right direction but never on point, never meaningful. In this case the lack of follow up questions make White's answer incomplete. He just says: oh he has been through some stuff and it's war. Which are non answers, becasue they are just empty. Stock answers who can get any character from point A to point B.

On the flipside it feels like the Glee part, a very important part accordign to me, is probably down to some misscommunication or artistic freedom that should have been caught in editing. So trying to adress that as a misstake will just be marvel throwing the artist under the bus, or hey maybe they could jus say. "Yeah we missed that, he wasnt' suppose to smile like that. It slipped through". Which is how I would want these monday's to be like.

ON Gambit and Rogue we just get confirmation that Manifold will move from this series to antoher. Which seems on par with how much the whole mini was downplayed in issue 2. It sure feels like that whole mini was a waste and Gambit and Rogue being involved is in the end nothing of importance.

Boy, he has become one of the biggest problems of the X-franchise.

So glad that he will soon leave and hope he never comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    This is the stupidest load of gobbledygook bullshit I've ever read
    Yeah it was bad. Bad on several levels. I'm just hoping that Talon's part had indeed come to an end. It's sad for fans of the character but I have no faith in marvel being able to handle her continued existence without Laura-Wolverine being further messed up.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I think the younger Laura was resurrected from the soul of an AU deceased Laura by accident. Kind of like the Rick and Morty episode where the main Rick keeps getting resurrected by protocols in alternate universes, most of them fascist.

I feel like he doesn't engage creatively with his writers. It appears he merely greenlights whatever they propose. Hopefully, the Brevoort office will bring a fresh breath of air to the creative process.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It's the limitations of these question moments. We often get a question in the right direction but never on point, never meaningful. In this case the lack of follow up questions make White's answer incomplete. He just says: oh he has been through some stuff and it's war. Which are non answers, becasue they are just empty. Stock answers who can get any character from point A to point B.

On the flipside it feels like the Glee part, a very important part accordign to me, is probably down to some misscommunication or artistic freedom that should have been caught in editing. So trying to adress that as a misstake will just be marvel throwing the artist under the bus, or hey maybe they could jus say. "Yeah we missed that, he wasnt' suppose to smile like that. It slipped through". Which is how I would want these monday's to be like.

ON Gambit and Rogue we just get confirmation that Manifold will move from this series to antoher. Which seems on par with how much the whole mini was downplayed in issue 2. It sure feels like that whole mini was a waste and Gambit and Rogue being involved is in the end nothing of importance.
    There was nothing specific about their powers or their abilities for the mission. So it doesn't matter if they did it or Gloob and the kid whose power was to explode once and then die did it.
    I hope Manifold transports them to another book with another author, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

I think this is what makes the situation so disappointing. You can get characters to a place where they do things that they wouldn't normally do; life is full of hardships that test us in ways we couldn't imagine. But why let Spurrier write a whole series about Kurt REGAINING HOPE and starting to heal after that traumatic experience and if you were just gonna go with... "he's traumatized so he's okay with killing people at the moment"?

Ultimate Member

Or they're going to do some sort of soft reboot of things so they can then just hand wave all the killing away...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I think the younger Laura was resurrected from the soul of an AU deceased Laura by accident. Kind of like the Rick and Morty episode where the main Rick keeps getting resurrected by protocols in alternate universes, most of them fascist.
    That's not how resurrection worked.

A body was created using the stored dna and the back-up soul/anima is restored to the body via telepathy. They assumed original Laura who entered the Vault was dead so they resurrected her using the back-up they had. He's correct...they are both the real Lauras just with different life experiences. I personally think it's similar to Maddrox and his Multiple Men existing simultaneously while having and sharing different experiences and presumably an infinite soul.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's not how resurrection worked.

A body was created using the stored dna and the back-up soul/anima is restored to the body via telepathy. They assumed original Laura who entered the Vault was dead so they resurrected her using the back-up they had. He's correct...they are both the real Lauras just with different life experiences. I personally think it's similar to Maddrox and his Multiple Men existing simultaneously while having and sharing different experiences and presumably an infinite soul.
    So basically Laura's soul was split in two?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    So basically Laura's soul was split in two?
    What I'm hearing is ignoring it. Like the adamantium skeleton and not being a clone. It didn't happen

What I'm wondering about is will the island nation idea finally die?

Not that I didn't enjoy some aspects of Krakoa, but when you have two or three island countries fail within like a decade and a half (Genosha, Utopia, Krakoa, honorary Asteroid M); that should be a big glaring sign to mutants that they're just death traps.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-19-2024 at 01:36 PM.