Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    He admits Kurt's actions don't fit anything shown before, including the FoX series a couple of months ago.

But still tries to justify the character assassination.

He's a terrible editor. I'm relieved he is almost gone.
    I am convinced White doesn't even read the issues he edited, and it's clear that the beginning of the Krakoa era was all Hickman, as the dip in quality and storytelling it took after he left was apparent (Guillen and Ewing none withstanding, who I think were also either brought in or suggested by Hickman). It is clear that White has no clear path or direction for the franchise, so yeah, I am happy he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah ok I thought you were lamenting for a return to the School sorry XD

Although "go under the radar" and Morlocks are precisely counter to the X-men Message that mutants should NOT hide.
    Nah, not exactly. I don't have a preference for school or island, I just think the X-Men should stop trying to gather all mutants in one place. IMO the X-Men should go back to being a smaller, mostly paramilitary force for mutants. The school aspect has mostly been a failure and was just a cover for Xavier in the beginning. If they do take in any young mutants, they should mostly tutor mutants with extremely powerful or very dangerous powers that really need the best training. (ala Magma, Rogue, Surge, Cyclops, etc...)

I feel bad for saying it but it's usually a bad idea for Beak-level mutants to stay at the school who can't defend themselves, as it regularly gets attacked by powerful super-villains and hate-groups. So at least when the X-Mansion (or whatever base of operation its called) gets blown up, it makes sense why it's being targeted.

As for hiding, they shouldn't have to but for safety reasons sadly are still forced to. Last thing the X-Men should want is to give hate-groups a reason to become interested in mutant populations that are not adequately protected.

IF mutants do go out in the open, that's why I proposed the multiple facilities ala X-Corp option. It's takes the burden off the X-Men and spreads out attention. Make them political safe havens, so if they get attacked it's viewed as a federal threat. Also it's fun, think the Marvel 50 state initiative era or Hogwarts and the various wizarding schools. You can have each region have their own flair, important characters and rosters. Then have the X-Men basically remain as a premier mutant super-group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X
    Yeah if most mutants don’t end up on Mars after this I hope we get some combination of X-Corporation and Jean’s efforts to recognize the mutant race as a nation with full human rights in X-Men Red (Vol. 1).
    Yes! But I doubt the X-office is going to have them on Mars full-time, but could see some mutants hang out on Arrako occasionally.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-20-2024 at 03:10 PM.

Talking about the school just reminded me how it felt like it was being attacked by the Purifiers practically every month.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah ok I thought you were lamenting for a return to the School sorry XD

Although "go under the radar" and Morlocks are precisely counter to the X-men Message that mutants should NOT hide.
    Thinking about it, Gene Nation was arguably a waste of an interesting concept/idea.

Because if memory serves, Lobdell has stated that the original idea for them were second generation Morlocks who were sick and tired of their parents way of hiding themself and their mutations from the world, so instead they would actualy go out onto the streets, flaunt their mutations in public and cause trouble.

Which would also explain why their name seems to be inspired by the activist group Queer Nation, which was noticable active in the 90's, apparently trying to raise awareness via being noticable and confrontational.

So Gene Nation could have been more like a handfull of mutant street gangs or hooligan groups, whos members are youths disillusioned by the world, their parent figures and heros, with no real perspective in life. Which results in them trying to pass the time and find meaning in their existence with petty criminal actitivies, causing trouble or getting into brawls. Which would have presented a unique problem for the X-men.

But instead Gene Nation ended up as mutant extremist who were breed and raised in the isolation of a time accelerated pocket dimension for a mad man's war against humanity. Making them generic and quickly forgotten.

Sadly with how the world of the X-men developed since the 2000's, removing any sense of urban normality and commonplacement of mutants from the Marvel Comic Universe, there is simply no space for such groups anymore, leaving it to adaptations or alternate universes, to potential realize such a concept.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-21-2024 at 08:03 AM.

AIPT: We see Synch in battle briefly, but I feel like we should also touch on the recent and heartbreaking end to the longest romance in X-Men history. What can you share about Talon’s demise? Is she really gone forever?

Jordan: Well, resurrection is kind of in a difficult place right now. They have put the Five back together in the White Hot Room — but they’re also in the White Hot Room, so how exactly does that work? In addition, there was a lot of ambiguity about who is allowed to come back in situations like this. So I think that for now, that seems to be the end of Talon, which is a bummer.
    But what’s interesting about that is this question: Is that the real Laura?
    Obviously, that’s the Laura who is more different from the Laura that we’ve come to know because she suddenly had hundreds of years of life experience under her belt. But also, she was the Laura we had pre-resurrection. And then, the Laura we now have in Sabretooth War is the Laura who was brought back without those memories because they didn’t have access to her mind at the time.
    I’ve always maintained, and I still do maintain, that when you resurrect someone, it is that person. It’s not a clone of that person. There’s something in the process of resurrection that goes beyond physical duplication. In House of X #5, when Magneto is speaking to Polaris after the Five finishes the process, he says, “The first was copying the mind–the essence, the anima–of any mutant Xavier found. So he could one day put a soul back into its mutant shell.” Something about this process is more than just their memories. It’s their actual selves.
    Talking about souls is complicated because, obviously in the real world, souls are a matter of what your spiritual beliefs are. And without getting into mine at all, what I can say with confidence is that it is not a matter of what you believe in the Marvel Universe. In the Marvel Universe, it is 100% factual that there is an afterlife. We’ve seen it. It is 100% factual that there are souls. We’ve seen them. So in the Marvel Universe, what I can say with confidence is these are the actual X-Men. Their souls are back in their bodies. They are not in the afterlife once they’re resurrected.
    How does that work with the two Lauras? I don’t know. It’s a metaphysical conundrum. I would say the new Laura is still the real Laura. And that there were just two real Lauras all this time. But now we’re back to having only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    This is the stupidest load of gobbledygook bullshit I've ever read
    Yeah, that was definitely one of the most 'piss on you and tell you it's raining' statements I've ever read.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 02-21-2024 at 08:35 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    It appears he merely greenlights whatever they propose. Hopefully, the Brevoort office will bring a fresh breath of air to the creative process.
    Isn't that what he's been doing? Like in Aaron's Avengers.

FYI according to Chris Hassan on X there won't be a new edition of X-Men Monday tomorrow but he did say he's "got something special planned to mark the occasion" of XMM's 5th anniversary. Let's see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    FYI according to Chris Hassan on X there won't be a new edition of X-Men Monday tomorrow but he did say he's "got something special planned to mark the occasion" of XMM's 5th anniversary. Let's see.
    Noooo... tomorrow will be a boring Monday then LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Noooo... tomorrow will be a boring Monday then LOL
    All is not lost because thankfully we have X-Men Unlimited! *insert triumphant music*

All is not lost because thankfully we have X-Men Unlimited! *insert triumphant music*
    Ohhh that's true

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Talking about the school just reminded me how it felt like it was being attacked by the Purifiers practically every month.
    I think this is why the school status quo couldn't work anymore. They just kept escalating everything and continually made everything worse for mutants while doing nothing to advance Xavier's dream and ultimately the purpose of the X-Men. All it showed was that mutant-human co-existence couldn't work and making an ethnostate whether it was Utopia or Krakoa was a more viable alternative because trying to co-exist with humanity was a dead end since Marvel wouldn't stop making things worse for the X-books to sell books.

And that's the same problem for the editors after Jordan who have to chase sales especially Brevoort who thinks angry readers will buy books and that usually happens by making things worse for the characters to get readers interested and yet at the same time these processses utterly undermine the status quo and show that the school idea is bankrupt.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-26-2024 at 04:44 PM.

Chris Hassan:

X-Men Monday returns tomorrow! 🎉 (At @AIPTcomics, of course!)

X-Men Monday #241 - Steve Foxe Talks 'X-Men '97,' 'Dead X-Men,' and 'X-Men: Blood Hunt - Psylocke'

#XMenMonday #XMen #XMen97

Chris Hassan:

X-Men Monday returns tomorrow! �� (At @AIPTcomics, of course!)

X-Men Monday #241 - Steve Foxe Talks 'X-Men '97,' 'Dead X-Men,' and 'X-Men: Blood Hunt - Psylocke'

I'm excited for this and can't wait to hear more about Dead X-Men in particular plus I'm X-tremely curious about that Psylocke one-shot.

Chris Hassan:

X-Men Monday returns tomorrow! �� (At @AIPTcomics, of course!)

Sienna Blaze! Been waiting for her to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sienna Blaze! Been waiting for her to appear.
    Yeah it's gonna be cool to see her. Here's the full cover for issue #3: