Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    No seriously. I clicked on this thinking it would be the final issue of the Krakoa era or a transition issue for the Brevoort era. But it's a Warren solo... by one of Marvel's veteran writers, which means that it's overall relevance is not at all guaranteed. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Warren fans, ESPECIALLY if this brings him back to life but the title is a little misleading.
    That’s kinda the point no? If they title it “Angel/Archangel” it’ll sell less than this way. This way, non-Angel fans will also accidentally buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    That’s kinda the point no? If they title it “Angel/Archangel” it’ll sell less than this way. This way, non-Angel fans will also accidentally buy it?
    They did the same thing with Iceman back with the Uncanny X-Men:Winters End one-shot. His sales numbers were terrible so they gave the one-shot the X-Men moniker to close out the story and the sales numbers for it were way up by comparison.

Should've been called Giant Size: Angel like they did with the giant sizes from 2020, I agree.

I like to think (=delude myself) that someone at X-Office/Marvel realized that Warren had been robbed during the Krakoa era and tried to fix it by giving him a story in which he's the one and only main character.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Amazing Member

Did Marvel come up with a WWIII (Warren Worthington III or World War III) storyline where Warren goes nuts in his Death persona and goes on a rampage? The symbolism between his initials and potential is staggering.

I’d like to see Warren on a new X-Force team in the From the Ashes era. Maybe with Cable, Laura, Monet and some others and using X-Corp as their legitimate cover to operate as the mutant CIA.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'm happy to see Angel get a story. Now I have to wait and see when the comic actually takes place, before or after Dark-X-Men.

But it seems strange to me that they didn't just release the news of this comic with the other May books.

And I definitely don't like the reprint that was chosen as the backup story. It makes me a little bit worried about what the main story will be written like. Did the Giant-Size issues of Spider-Man or Fantastic Four have reprint backups that fit the main story?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d like to see Warren on a new X-Force team in the From the Ashes era. Maybe with Cable, Laura, Monet and some others and using X-Corp as their legitimate cover to operate as the mutant CIA.
    Where to sign? I think X-Corps cancellation robbed Warren's fans of some Warren/Monet content. Not speaking as in romance (just NO!), but as a strong (and, let's admit it, arrogant) Monet headbutting with Warren (who has always been the more "act now, think later" during his O5 era) constantly having to stop her. Also, bicker, bicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Clone View Post
    Did Marvel come up with a WWIII (Warren Worthington III or World War III) storyline where Warren goes nuts in his Death persona and goes on a rampage? The symbolism between his initials and potential is staggering.
    A What ifs or two dwelled on this: #65 and 101.
    It's been years since I read them the last time, so memory is fuzzy on the details, but in both post-X-Factor Warren never "betrayed" Apocalypse or never lost his Death attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    And I definitely don't like the reprint that was chosen as the backup story. It makes me a little bit worried about what the main story will be written like. Did the Giant-Size issues of Spider-Man or Fantastic Four have reprint backups that fit the main story?
    I think the reprint story was picked solely because it featured Arcade and
    Nocenti explains. "So, I thought, what if Arcade had an apprentice who designed with her own idea of a Murderworld?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ehhh... I guess it depends on your point of view. Henry definitely had a dark journey in the Krakoa era but he was a regular and important player through it all and is very likely emerging on the other side as his old self via a previous back-up. Warren hardly ever appeared in 5 years and was only really featured in the very short-lived X-Corp book.
    ‘Tis better to be ignored than destroyed
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver