Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Giant-Size X-Men #1 - Krakoan era's final installment of Giant-Size X-Men

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/gi...ti-angel-maze/

GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1
    ANN NOCENTI (W) • LEE FERGUSON (A) • Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    THE AVENGING ANGEL LOSES HIMSELF IN A DANGEROUS MAZE OF THE MIND!
    A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he's ever faced before!
    A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky!
    PLUS: Includes a reprinting of MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #68 by Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio, and Ron Wilson – a classic Angel-and-Thing team-up tale of daring, drama, doom…and disco?!

The Krakoan age of the X-Men begins wrapping up in May, and that includes the era's final installment of Giant-Size X-Men. Giant-Size X-Men #1 will focus on the Angel and introduce a brand-new X-Men villain to the Marvel Universe. Legendary writer Ann Nocenti (Daredevil, Longshot, The Seeds) wrote the new story in Giant-Size X-Men #1, with artwork by Lee Ferguson. The issue pairs a new story, set in the present day of the Marvel Universe, in which Warren Worthington III encounters an unfamiliar villain, with a reprint of Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio, and Ron Wilson's Angel and The Thing team-up story from Marvel Two-in-One #68.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 goes on sale on May 8th.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Um...is this bringing Warren back or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Um...is this bringing Warren back or...?
    I mean Warren isn't gone though. Unless I missed something he currently can transform into ArcAngel and isn't stuck in that form like he used to be.

It does say "present day". Guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I mean Warren isn't gone though. Unless I missed something he currently can transform into ArcAngel and isn't stuck in that form like he used to be.
    But didn't he die in Dark X-Men?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    He got killed in Dark X-men. That’s probably what they were talking about.

That was... Unexpected.

Ah, so that's what I missed. My X-Men since Fall of X is spotty and that's one of the books I've skipped.

They gotta stop using the Giant-Size name for random individual stories. But glad Warren will be getting some focus.

Am I imagining things? That ol' Warren is actually getting not only some focus, but a cover to himself?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Way overdue focus on Warren. All of the O5 had a lot of focus lately, bur A(rcha)ngel was basically a background character.

Hope this one shot week do him good.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Seems like the Five may be able to leave the White Hot Room and/or resurrect Warren soon. Looks like the last issue of X-Men Forever (which comes out after this) may signal the end of the Resurrection Protocols though unless there is a big Phoenix powered resurrection at the end.

Seems like a nice way to mark Warren's 60th birthday. Unlike the other O5 members, he hasn't been given much spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    They gotta stop using the Giant-Size name for random individual stories. But glad Warren will be getting some focus.
    No seriously. I clicked on this thinking it would be the final issue of the Krakoa era or a transition issue for the Brevoort era. But it's a Warren solo... by one of Marvel's veteran writers, which means that it's overall relevance is not at all guaranteed. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Warren fans, ESPECIALLY if this brings him back to life but the title is a little misleading.

That text makes it sound like Warren is alive at the start of this issue. So it’s highly possible he gets resurrected in some of the upcoming issues. Maybe a mass resurrection.