Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Man, the difference in the Tim and Jason solicits are day and night.
    Does Tim have the bi lighting/colors or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Man, the difference in the Tim and Jason solicits are day and night.
    I know, right?
    "Can Damain learn from Jason's mistakes?"
    "Tim Drake is so smart and Damian doesn't like that"
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I know, right?
    "Can Damain learn from Jason's mistakes?"
    "Tim Drake is so smart and Damian doesn't like that"
    Are we sure Chip Zdarsky isn't stealth writing his book?

The TMntfication of the Robins is an epidemic.

I had high hopes.

I know it's a lot to ask that writers know the lore well but they really should at least know the a character inside out if you are that much into them that you came up with a pitch.

Since when has Tim been the smartest of the Robins?

This revision of canon needs to stop.
    Damian outsmarted Tim in their very first meeting.

In fact there's a story in batman and Robin vol 2 where Damian outsmarts Tim and Tim doesn't like that. That story was very important because Tim constantly insults Damian about being nothing but a violent killer. An animal who only knows how to attack and kill.

Damian decided to prove that he was worthy and just as good as the other Robins tricked Tom into losing his temper and admitting that he has been tempted to kill. That he also feels the urge.

Tim even attacked Damian physically once he learnt that Damian had outsmarted him.

What are we doing Bai?
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-20-2024 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I had high hopes.

I know it's a lot to ask that writers know the lore well but they really should at least know the a character inside out if you are that much into them that you came up with a pitch.

Depends on how you define "smart."

I don't think Damian outsmarted Tim so much as he preyed on Tim's kindness. I guess that was cunning.

Mighty Member

I had high hopes.

In fact there's a story in batman and Robin vol 2 where Damian outsmarts Tim and Tim doesn't like that. That story was very important because Tim constantly insults Damian about being nothing but a violent killer. An animal who only knows how to attack and kill.

Damian decided to prove that he was worthy and just as good as the other Robins tricked Tom into losing his temper and admitting that he has been tempted to kill. That he also feels the urge.

Tim even attacked Damian physically once he learnt that Damian had outsmarted him.

What are we doing Bai?
    It's a solicit. Let's wait until the issue comes out. Might be better than expected.

But yeah TMNTING the Robins is lame and shallow

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Depends on how you define "smart."

I don't think Damian outsmarted Tim so much as he preyed on Tim's kindness. I guess that was cunning.

He also outsmarted him in War of the Robins.

He also outsmarted him in War of the Robins.
    So they can take turns out-smarting each other .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure Chip Zdarsky isn't stealth writing his book?
    This take on Jason seems unfortunately pretty universal among the current writers and I guess Editors.

Extraordinary Member

I think he has been labeld as that since at least the late 2000s, so something between 15 and 2000 years at this point.

Might even be longer since I think even in the 90s they were often highlighting Tim's detective skills.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    But yeah TMNTING the Robins is lame and shallow
    Don't know, I think if done well it would still preferable the "Robin I write is the most perfectestest of all of them and the others have to worship the ground he is walking on" we get in most of their current comics (appart Jason's of course) ...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think he has been labeld as that since at least the late 2000s, so something between 15 and 2000 years at this point.

Might even be longer since I think even in the 90s they were often highlighting Tim's detective skills.
    I’d say since the new 52 he’s the brainy one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I’d say since the new 52 he’s the brainy one.
    I'm pretty sure that Dick allready said during his time as Batman pre flashpoint that Tim was the better Detective.

Tim was iirc since the beginning shown to be good with Technic and Computers, and I think allready in his pre crisis Red Robin series (and maybe even in the Robin issues leading up to to that) they were often showcasing him using his intelligence to win the day (stuff like poisoning Shiva before their fight).

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure that Dick allready said during his time as Batman pre flashpoint that Tim was the better Detective.

Tim was iirc since the beginning shown to be good with Technic and Computers, and I think allready in his pre crisis Red Robin series (and maybe even in the Robin issues leading up to to that) they were often showcasing him using his intelligence to win the day (stuff like poisoning Shiva before their fight).
    I meant in the TMNT way. That his whole thing the smart Donatello one.

In canon to this day, Dick is still the better detective and the world's 2nd greatest detective.

Damian our smarted Tim in the new 52 @age 10.

Even back when he poisoned Shiva was during the time when he was written according to his original guidelines (b) not a brain (/b)

The new 52 took him back to his original writing and character guidelines, a guy who was good with tech but nothing special when it came to intelligence. Hence why new52 Tim without the convince of witnessing the Dick perform the move only the Grayson's were known for failed to figure out batman and Robin's identities.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-25-2024 at 02:26 PM.