Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics May 2024 Solicitations

Mighty Member

Looks like we are getting to the end of Taylor's Nightwing.
    Kind of a shame, I would have been happy if this was one of those books that lasted forever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A few thoughts:

• How long we going here with this Zur stuff in Batman?
    • If we're going to be inundated with Batman/Batman family Black Label projects I hope they put effort into making the feel unique like The Boy Wonder
    • More Jurassic League? Hell yea.
    • Based off what we know re: runs running up and these solicits it does feel like we're heading towards a shake up in the Batman line.
    • If you had told me when it launched that Poison Ivy would still be going strong after 2 years I'd have been very dubious but it has been a great book, here's hoping for a few more years.
    • Lobo has betrayed Superman? Whoever could've seen this coming.
    • The Paquette Power Girl cover and the Tedesco Wonder Woman covers are both great - Paquette's cover is maybe the first time I'd seen an alternate Power Girl look and thought maybe this is better than the traditional one and Tedeco is probably the first time I've seen the Odyssey era costume and thought that works.
    • Sinister Sons just doesn't click for me the way Super Sons did.
    • Covers I like:

Nobody else think than the solicitation and cover of Outsiders seems a lot like a final issue?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It's driving me insane that I can't figure out what "AIPT" stands for. Why isn't it at the top of the website?
    Gawd!

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    It's driving me insane that I can't figure out what "AIPT" stands for. Why isn't it at the top of the website?
    Gawd!
    Adventures In Poor Taste
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Batman #147 (nope)
    Zhur is to Zhdarsky what Bane was to King & Joker was to Synder

The Boy Wonder #1(Pick Up)
    This is interesting I love how much Damian is getting good recognition since Infinite Frontier, Juni Ba is a good artist as shown with Truth and Justice

Batman and Robin #13 (Pick up)
    Going strong in my opinion

Nightwing #114 (Pick Up)
    One of the few Tom Talyor books i really enjoyed is ending ohff

Bird of Prey #9 (Pick up)
    Kelly Thompson continues be a lovely surprise despite my cynical attitude when the roster was ounce. Still weird seeing Barbra & Cass team up without Stephine. Will get the cover art with Barbra and Cass (Christian Ward?)

Action Comic #1065 & Superman #14 (pick up)
    It been a while since we got a Superman event and it nice see Superman fighting Brainiac after it feel like decades of every other media needing to poach off his rouges for a Justice league level threat and acting like he hasn't been able to fight them. It also great to see Kara and Conner lead the superfam after being shafted for Jon who now getting the receiving end of the stick oh how the tables have turn

Suicide Squad; Dream Team #5 (undecided)
    will decide on the first issue weather to get or not since i like Dreamer I care nothing for post-new 52 Suicide Squad

Superman/Batman World Finest #27 (pick up)
    Solid tittle

Wonder Woman #9 (nope)
    So what are the consensus of King so far? Only seen the back Trinity-Super son parts and that nice. Will probably may check out after some feedback

Green Lantern #11 (pick up)
    Been good so far nothing amazing

Suicide Squad: Kill Arkham Asylum #5 (Nope)
    hard No. Nothing personal or shade towards either the writer or artist but i i ain't buying a prequel comic to a **** live service DoA game which encapsulate all the worst aspect of modern video games and Ayer Suicide Squad. **** that.
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 02-19-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Batman and Robin 9
    Red Hood: The Hill 4
    Penguin 10

at first glance, I thought Power Girl wasn't wearing any pants on that cover. lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Nobody else think than the solicitation and cover of Outsiders seems a lot like a final issue?
    That series is suppose to be 12 issues.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

While waiting for Zdarsky and Ram V to leave Batman titles my list is skinny again:

Nightwing
    Titans
    The Penguin
    Green Lantern
    Green Arrow

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

May pull list:
    • Birds of Prey
    • Green Arrow
    • Green Lantern
    • The Flash
    • Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong
    • Nightwing (finally bailed on this after #110, but might as well jump back on for this final arc given Redondo’s back)
    • Power Girl
    • Shazam!
    • Titans
    • Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That series is suppose to be 12 issues.
    Ok. then. But the cover and the solicitation really feel like a conclusive issue. It would not be the first time a projected series is cut short. I suppose it would be clearer in june solicitations.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Ok. then. But the cover and the solicitation really feel like a conclusive issue. It would not be the first time a projected series is cut short. I suppose it would be clearer in june solicitations.
    If that happens that would be the 3rd time a John Stewart related book got its run stopped.

BANNED

My pull is:

Flash
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern War Journal
    Justice Society
    Blue Beetle

I guess I'm getting Batman 89: Echoes as well, if it ever actually comes out again.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 02-24-2024 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If that happens that would be the 3rd time a John Stewart related book got its run stopped.
    John Stewart? He is appearing in Green Lantern: War Journal. He is also part of Outsiders? I didn't knew that. I had thought than Outsiders is a bat related title.