Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

It’s funny. If you asked me this back in 2016 or so my list would have been so different. But the quality since then has dropped so much to the point I could never have imagined.

Heroes in Crisis
    Hawkgirl
    Tim Drake Robin
    Dark Crisis Young Justice
    Alan Scott Green Lantern

These are all trash. DC should be embarrassed that they published these books.

Williamsons Flash is really bad too but I wouldn’t call it trash. He had some good ideas with terrible execution.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This thread has "bad idea" written all over it.
    It does. That's why I feel obligated to post.

1 - Flash Rebirth
    2 - Dark Crisis Young Justice
    3 - Countdown
    4 - Heroes in Crisis
    5 - Venditti and Van Jensen Flash
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    a joke in poor taste is still distasteful. if I insult your mother but shoot you a winky face when I do it, is that not still crossing a line? given the nature of this thread, it's important we not play in each other's faces like that, ya know? like I said, I meant no disrespect to the poster but I'm just saying that was a bit uncouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes. And my joyless direct response is: that's your opinion and I simply disagree that it was insulting, distasteful or uncouth. I saw it as playful and good-natured. Neither of us being moderators, it's just two people's opinions and it's fine that we disagree. We don't even know if Thomas Crown took offense and the response was directed at them.
    I'll have to agree with J9ac9k here. No one called each other names, no one picked a fight, nothing. It was a light joke based on disagreement. If we get over sensitive at stuff like this, no meaningful discussion can ever take place.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Add in the Threeboot/Waidboot too. I have never seen Waid **** the bed so badly before, and it was on a series he had already rebooted once before that was much better. So bad even he got bored with his own writing. It was so boring it even made Barry Kitson's art boring.

This. Despite all the flaws of Bendis' Legion, it wasn't in the same level of awfullness than the Threeboot. All the characters were whinny and spoiled brats that spend every issue competing with each other to see who was the most unlikable and who could be the biggest jerk besides that version of Brainiac 5 (which was by the Brainiac 5 standards, the worst version of all).

Another worst run was Felicia D. Henderson Teen Titans.

Anything that Marc Guggenheim has wrotten in comics, no matter if its DC, Marvel, independent. All of it is awfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    This. Despite all the flaws of Bendis' Legion, it wasn't in the same level of awfullness than the Threeboot. All the characters were whinny and spoiled brats that spend every issue competing with each other to see who was the most unlikable and who could be the biggest jerk besides that version of Brainiac 5 (which was by the Brainiac 5 standards, the worst version of all).
    In threeboot, at least they have personalities. Awful personalities, but they had their own identities.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    In threeboot, at least they have personalities. Awful personalities, but they had their own identities.
    I honestly found the Bendis Legion much more likable and with more personality than characters of threeboot. Threeboot will always be the worst version, and I'm saying it as someone that generally dislikes and hates many of Bendis work with very few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I honestly found the Bendis Legion much more likable and with more personality than characters of threeboot. Threeboot will always be the worst version, and I'm saying it as someone that generally dislikes and hates many of Bendis work with very few exceptions.
    Then we agree to dissagree.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin