Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

having Livewire lose to BATGIRL. Hunh? Livewire has superhuman reflexes... she can DODGE.... unless death by Bat-god is in play

Amazing Member

Identity Crisis is the worst offender.

Heroes In Crisis is also bad.

Hawkgirl, Powergirl, and Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville are examples of how much crap comics DC is pushing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PUGSSSS001 View Post
    Hawkgirl, Powergirl, and Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville are examples of how much crap comics DC is pushing these days.
    Hawkgirl, Fireb& Ice were (to me) bland but inoffensive.

Powergirl on the other hand, just took everything that made the character work and flushed it.
    If you’re wanting a character like what she’s ended up written as, just make a new character that will harmlessly disappear into limbo as soon as you’ve told your story, don’t wreck a pre-existing one w. a dedicated fanbase and leave a mess some future writer’s gonna have to clean up.

I remember back in the day Chuck Austen wrote a Superman story where a Kryptonian was raping women to death. That was pretty horrible.

He also wrote a JLA story arc called Pain of the Gods that was just a different member of the Justice League failing, letting people die, and feeling bad about it that lasted five or six issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Add in the Threeboot/Waidboot too. I have never seen Waid **** the bed so badly before, and it was on a series he had already rebooted once before that was much better. So bad even he got bored with his own writing. It was so boring it even made Barry Kitson's art boring.

The Threeboot (Waid, Kitson, Bedard, Shooter) was the worst Legion Reboot until Bendisboot (Bendis....and Bendis. Bendis? Yes,only Bendis) appeared. By a mile worst.

Other bad comics:

Justice League vs Legion of Super-Heroes.
    Event Leviathan.
    Justice League 2022.
    Checkmate 2021.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Since most of the ones I'd nominate have already been nominated, I'll add one I haven't seen yet....

The Three Jokers.

Geoff Johns thinking he's good enough to refute Alan Moore's writing (after treating Swamp Thing in Brightest Day like "The Anatomy Lesson" never happened, f***ing Doomsday Clock ) plus his habit of erasing from super-villains any nuance, ambiguity, or even the possibility that they weren't/aren't always evil so he can insist that they were born to be bad guys. Plus, his established incompetence at trying to sell a terrible idea for a romantic relationship. Are there any of his worst tropes I'm forgetting?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I usually erase bad books from my memory but a more recent one is Young Justice Dark Crisis.
    "Cable was right!"

I'd say "Identity Crisis." Regardless of story choices or quality of storytelling, art etc.(and the art was great) This is the only book I can think of that comes across as actually being sadistic.

JLA ACT OF GOD
    JLA CREATED EQUAL

the second one is a very icky peak into Fabian Nicieza's brain and it is not pretty. Were it not for Kevin Maguire's gorgeous art, this would just be another monument to the M word ready to chuck in the furnace

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd say "Identity Crisis." Regardless of story choices or quality of storytelling, art etc.(and the art was great) This is the only book I can think of that comes across as actually being sadistic.
    Ugh. I still recall the wave of nausea That Scene caused in me

Doomsday Clock is technically a well composed comic but it's one of the most creatively bankrupt and masturbatory vanity projects ever produced by DC. It's two buttcheeks flapping in the wind, just ass.

it's worse that Heroes in Crisis by a country-mile and it's crazy but unsurprising that it doesn't get half the hate that book gets.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-21-2024 at 02:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Not necessarily one issue but the entire transition arc from the New 52 Superman to the Rebirth Superman. The whole thing was a convoluted mess that made no sense and was clearly just slapped together to bring back the pre-Flashpoint Superman as quickly as possible without having to come up with some plausible explanation. They did the same thing with WW to make sure her relationship with Superman never happened. I don't know if this is even still canon anymore. Lana was the one who grew up with the New 52 Clark which everyone just kind of lampshaded over. The late-2016 early 2017 period was a mess.
    Well, it's good to see someone here having the guts to finally acknowledge this. They killed off New 52 Superman like he was a D-list character and one of the best WW runs ever was retconned as an illusion/dream/hallucination/whatever. All this just to please gatekeepers and nostalgic fans. Shameful.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 02-23-2024 at 09:34 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    one of the worst WW runs ever was retconned as an illusion/dream/hallucination/whatever.
    Fixed it for you

The Dark Knight Returns and its sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Fixed it for you
    no disrespect but you don't think it's distasteful to superimpose you opinion over someone else's? he said it was one of the best WW runs and thats what he meant. no shade just let people enjoy things.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."