Boisterously Confused

Default The Gaines' Necromancy: EC is back from the Dead!!!

New York Times ran this story about EC's resurrection today. For those of us that love the old comics, this is pretty cool to see.

It is cool. I hope they know that for this is truly be a rebirth of EC books, the art has to be great.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Good creative teams. Glad they're taking this seriously.

This could be big for comics if done well.

It's interesting that anthologies are so different from the norm of serialized adventures, and ongoing series with the same cast. It's a different type of comic book, more like music singles than what we're used to.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Good creative teams. Glad they're taking this seriously.

This could be big for comics if done well.

It's interesting that anthologies are so different from the norm of serialized adventures, and ongoing series with the same cast. It's a different type of comic book, more like music singles than what we're used to.
    Reading the old Marvel and DC, when they still had multiple genres, I've often wondered if artists and writers had more fun getting to play in different sandboxes.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

There's beautiful reprints of Creepy and Eerie from Dark Horse but since I'm on a budget all I do is drool over the covers.