View Poll Results: Should Jon be de-aged?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

41 56.94%
  • No.

13 18.06%
  • Don't care.

13 18.06%
  • Other.

5 6.94%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think teen jon is anywhere near as cool as trunks.
    Teen Jon is about as cool as Trunks in GT. Not the same guy as the Future Trunks we see in the Cell saga

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yes. Damian and Jon should be the same age. DC really had a good thing going there.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes. Damian and Jon should be the same age. DC really had a good thing going there.
    kid Jon vs kid Lor would be a great story. both have issues being their father's son and trying to make it work.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Since they will never de-age him I think the best option is take him off the board. An by that I mean send him to the Legion. They could do a big story where the Time Trapper is really messing with both Clark and Jon and they end up bouncing around time sort of like the Time and Time again story. In the end being defeated the Trapper in an act of spite "time locks" Jon to the 31st century thereby taking away Clarks son from him. Jon would never be able to stay in the modern time more than just a few hours or a day at most after that before being sucked back to the future. The Legion gets their own full time Superman and Jon gets an actual purpose outside of being just Superman Jr.

(Plus this would also finally make DC get off their asses and launch a new Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes series with actual A list talent on in.)

I like him as a kid.
    I like him as a teen.

Either way I enjoy reading him. The problem is there's barely anything he's in at the moment.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Since they will never de-age him I think the best option is take him off the board. An by that I mean send him to the Legion. They could do a big story where the Time Trapper is really messing with both Clark and Jon and they end up bouncing around time sort of like the Time and Time again story. In the end being defeated the Trapper in an act of spite "time locks" Jon to the 31st century thereby taking away Clarks son from him. Jon would never be able to stay in the modern time more than just a few hours or a day at most after that before being sucked back to the future. The Legion gets their own full time Superman and Jon gets an actual purpose outside of being just Superman Jr.

(Plus this would also finally make DC get off their asses and launch a new Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes series with actual A list talent on in.)
    I think this is the best of all the options right now. As long as the show is on the air, I don't see him being de-aged. He was only aged up for the new Legion anyway so may as well commit to it. Maybe at some point in the future he can return and be de-aged but for the time being, this seems like the best idea.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

He doesn't just need to be de aged.He needs a new shtick.
    I'd let Jon try his hand at rehabilitating some villains/ antiheroes. It would give him a 'team' of sorts to interact with and suits his character, since writers have toyed with him being a 'pacifist'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I like this solution for Jon. There are way too many members of the Superman Family in the current day DC universe. This would give Jon a purpose and an ongoing title again. For it to work DC needs to put an A+ creative team and stick with them for long run.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd let Jon try his hand at rehabilitating some villains/ antiheroes. It would give him a 'team' of sorts to interact with and suits his character, since writers have toyed with him being a 'pacifist'.
    Pacifism is his dad's shtick..lord and savior.remember.i was talking about teen jon getting a new shtick.Not do what taylor did and Give jon his dad's shtick.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-21-2024 at 09:01 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Do I want him de-aged? No. It's to late.

Do I want him to be his own character and not a carbon copy of his father? yes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They were never the same age. Damien was 3 years older though.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They were never the same age. Damian was 3 years older though.
    The supposed age gap between Damian and Jon was an unnecessary complication that everyone, DC included, ignored. It made no sense to not have them be the same age and they have always been functionally the same age. Remove all references to their ages and nothing in their stories changes.

Damian can be considered 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, or 2-3 months older, that's perfectly fine, but 2-3 years is too big a gap between the two boys.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    The supposed age gap between Damian and Jon was an unnecessary complication that everyone, DC included, ignored. It made no sense to not have them be the same age and they have always been functionally the same age. Remove all references to their ages and nothing in their stories changes.

Damian can be considered 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, or 2-3 months older, that's perfectly fine, but 2-3 years is too big a gap between the two boys.
    Actually it wasn't ignored especially in tomasi's run.Jon was younger.he was a kid.Damian on the other hand was a teen.their bickering ended with "i am older" "i am taller".Jon had freakish alien genetics otherwise he was a kid.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Actually it wasn't ignored especially in tomasi's run.Jon was younger.he was a kid.Damian on the other hand was a teen.their bickering ended with "i am older" "i am taller".Jon had freakish alien genetics otherwise he was a kid.
    What I said still stands to be true without there being an untenable age up that Tomasi acknowledged like once but even he just wrote them to be in the same school grade.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post

Exactly. The only story that brought the age was probably the Teen Titans one.
    "Cable was right!"