View Poll Results: Should Jon be de-aged?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

41 56.94%
  • No.

13 18.06%
  • Don't care.

13 18.06%
  • Other.

5 6.94%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The only reason that comes to mind is that they believe, that teen Jon has more potential in long term perspective + perhaps it's indeed another OMD situation, where despite fans opinion, lots of writers aren't big fans of a certain concept (in this case Clark having a kid), and Jon being older allows them to just ignore him or barely use him, which would be harder, if he was a kid.
    That doesn’t really compute with editorial shoving those twins down our throats basically replacing the popular version of Jon while actively ignoring all the reasons Clark & Lois have no right to be adopting other children.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That doesn’t really compute with editorial shoving those twins down our throats basically replacing the popular version of Jon while actively ignoring all the reasons Clark & Lois have no right to be adopting other children.
    These twins won't be around in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    These twins won't be around in a year.
    Or will they??
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Doubt they'll stick around for long unless PKJ gets a book where he can use them or another writer pulls them into some new iteration of the Teen Titans/Young Justice/etc. I say this as someone who likes Otho and doesn't really care if Jon remains his current age or gets deaged or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Doubt they'll stick around for long unless PKJ gets a book where he can use them or another writer pulls them into some new iteration of the Teen Titans/Young Justice/etc. I say this as someone who likes Otho and doesn't really care if Jon remains his current age or gets deaged or whatever.
    Maybe they'll get the Cir-El treatment? self-inflicted temporal paradox to erases themselves from existence!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe they'll get the Cir-El treatment? self-inflicted temporal paradox to erases themselves from existence!
    No real need for anything like that. Cir-El had to do stuff like that because her entire story was wrapped up in timeline nonsense. The twins can just be sent with the rest of the Phaelosians or something, if they're going to be written away.

Granted, there might be a need for temporal nonsense if DC were to de-age Jon again. But then Jon's entire existence is like that.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Just like with Jon I think they missed a golden opportunity to make Cir-El the permanent Supergirl of the Legion instead of just tossing her away.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Screenshot_2024-02-28-23-29-32-85_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    I don't read Taylor's drivel...but,damn!!like father like son.. "sanctimonious @#£&!!".Jon really did take after his dad.For once,i feel for injustice man
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-28-2024 at 11:05 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It was exclusively done to further the plans for 5G that we all know famously never happened. So why we're forced to live with this mistake is certainly the question (of the thread).
    They were planning 5G when they took in Bendis? Damn.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Showing down our throats? Did they even appear anywhere else than PKJ's Action run?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just like with Jon I think they missed a golden opportunity to make Cir-El the permanent Supergirl of the Legion instead of just tossing her away.
    I mean, her own creators Seagle and McDaniel, are the ones that got rid of her. I take it they had a planned beginning, middle and end for her.
    Only epilogue after that is Loeb’s Superman/Batman appearance where Bizarro pulls her out of time for the All Supergirl Team Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean, her own creators Seagle and McDaniel, are the ones that got rid of her. I take it they had a planned beginning, middle and end for her.
    Only epilogue after that is Loeb’s Superman/Batman appearance where Bizarro pulls her out of time for the All Supergirl Team Up.
    Yeah, It was a planned character erasure. But... Cir-El was actually a good character. So retconning the erasure is a thing.,...

but yeah, as far as we know..... that's not the plan for the twins.... but the way the Cir-El thing would end wasn't obvious when she was introduced.