Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    To think we could have had Squirrel Girl and a proper Mr Immortal on live action...
    But I feel like Dwayne dodged a bullet.
    I love the idea in concept (and think Milana Vayntrub would have made a great Squirrel Girl) but I don't trust what Marvel Television was doing under Jeph Loeb's guidance at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Not just the "far right." I'm a left-leaning centrist, and even I could tell that the wimpy writer wannabe who claimed to find the Warriors "intimidating" when he was a kid was Trying Too Damn Hard to be woke with his would-be new members.
    ^^^Damn. Agreed.

I think it's better if B-tier characters don't regularly get resurrected, so that death still has some meaning.

Albeit it could make sense that Microbe would come back through Krakoa if he is indeed a mutant.

Fantastic Member

Mainly asking about Microbe because of the new Night Thrasher title. Microbe being his adopted son, I was thinking it would come up during the title.

Ultimate Member

To think we could have had Squirrel Girl and a proper Mr Immortal on live action...
    But I feel like Dwayne dodged a bullet.
    Dwayne did not dodge a bullet.

He dodged a nuclear weapon.

Look up Super Mansion, and Black Saturn. That could have been Dwayne.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Not just the "far right." I'm a left-leaning centrist, and even I could tell that the wimpy writer wannabe who claimed to find the Warriors "intimidating" when he was a kid was Trying Too Damn Hard to be woke with his would-be new members.
    The writer said that?

Yeah, screw that series then. No loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dwayne did not dodge a bullet.

He dodged a nuclear weapon.

Look up Super Mansion, and Black Saturn. That could have been Dwayne.
    ^^^You totally made my day just now.

Why the Microbe hate? I not caring about him, but is there something with him that is so unpleasant?
    His personality is pretty bland, as was the attempt to graft him onto Night Thrasher.
    Yeah, basically that's how I felt about him. Plus, he was introduced in that (IMHO) awful reality TV New Warriors series, which gave us, among other idiocies, "Bondage Queen" Night Thrasher, and set the team up to be slaughtered as cannon fodder in Civil War, which is reason enough for me to never want to see him again. (Oddly enough, I always thought Debri had potential, even if she needed a new look.)

The writer said that?

Yeah, screw that series then. No loss.
    Yes he did, in an interview that went viral where he introduced his new "creations" and tried to show us how smart he was with these new characters. If I remember correctly, it was the skatebording Night Thrasher that he found particularly intimidating, and that kept him from the book.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^You totally made my day just now.
    Heh, I thought I might.

Super Mansion is hilarious, but I thought they did the Batman-archtype wrong. And if they had done something close to Dwayne, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes he did, in an interview that went viral where he introduced his new "creations" and tried to show us how smart he was with these new characters. If I remember correctly, it was the skatebording Night Thrasher that he found particularly intimidating, and that kept him from the book.

Peace
    All I can think of is the meme "What's up, fellow kids?"

Wait, what?! Microbe is the adopted son of Night Thrasher? Microbe looks like a middle aged man!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Wait, what?! Microbe is the adopted son of Night Thrasher? Microbe looks like a middle aged man!
    It's explained in 2005 New Warriors #3. That whole series is really strange. Bears no resemblance to the 90s new warriors I grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Thank Skottie Young's overly cartoonish art style. I think Microbe was supposed to be an overweight, socially awkward, possibly autistic, teen-ager. I could be wrong, my only exposure to the character (and that NW miniseries) was via the entries the characters involved got in that era's Marvel Handbooks.

I skipped that series. Marvel took the team I grew up with in the 90s and turned them into a joke. In my opinion they've never recovered and the name has since been tarnished. What with civil war and CRADLE.