Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Oh, yes.......I was wondering did the NEW WARRIORS:OUTLAWED Miniseries was already released........'caused there could have been a cameo for Microbe to appearred there......
    It got cancelled before it even came out because it triggered the "far right" so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So, are all mutans who died alive again? Miss america and whizzer were mutants! Are they alive again?
    My guess is yes even if we didn't see the resurrection. Next time a writer uses them it will just be revealed they were resurrected on Krakoa and we didn't see it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    It got cancelled before it even came out because it triggered the "far right" so much.
    And people on the Left thought it seemed pretty stupid too, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Thought that was him in the background behind Shinobi Shaw of Marauders #3.

Wow, good spot!

Why the Microbe hate? I not caring about him, but is there something with him that is so unpleasant?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Why the Microbe hate? I not caring about him, but is there something with him that is so unpleasant?
    I don't know...I like the guy, personally. I think there's a certain contingent of readers who think if a character doesn't have big flashy "badass" powers than they're basically worthless, regardless of anything else the character can bring to the table. Look at all the hate Doug Ramsey got back in the day, or even Maggot after him.

I find those types of characters MORE interesting to read about.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 02-21-2024 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    …I think there's a certain contingent of readers who think if a character doesn't have big flashy "badass" powers than they're basically worthless…
    ^^^Not to mention he didn’t look like the average hero, being overweight.
    I personally thought of that as a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I find those types of characters MORE interesting to read about.
    ^^^Same.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    His personality is pretty bland, as was the attempt to graft him onto Night Thrasher.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Oh, yes.......I was wondering did the NEW WARRIORS:OUTLAWED Miniseries was already released........'caused there could have been a cameo for Microbe to appearred there......
    I don't think the anti-woke brigade were the reason it was cancelled like M@Bowers claimed earlier. Think of the timing. Outlawed as a whole was delayed because of Covid. Champions launched six months late. As a result, a bunch of Empyre tie-ins were axed. New Warriors is the only Outlawed one we know of, but the events teaser art featured Young Avengers and X-Men characters too, so I believe there was more tie-ins that never got solicited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^^^Those OUTLAWED characters were so ridiculously bad Marvel just went ahead and pulled the plug.

What was really bad with Outlawed New Warriors was Namorita's tame swimsuit. Namor would have been ashamed of her.
    The other characters, we didn't know much about them, but they will forever live rent-free into casualgaters' heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think the anti-woke brigade were the reason it was cancelled like M@Bowers claimed earlier. Think of the timing. Outlawed as a whole was delayed because of Covid. Champions launched six months late. As a result, a bunch of Empyre tie-ins were axed. New Warriors is the only Outlawed one we know of, but the events teaser art featured Young Avengers and X-Men characters too, so I believe there was more tie-ins that never got solicited.
    Except that all of the other titles that were planned as part of the event all eventually came out except for New Warriors. Including Power Pack and no one was really clamoring for that one. Whether you remember it or not there was a huge backlash against the so called Woke version of New Warriors as soon as Marvel started releasing info about it. Yes the whole event was delayed because of the pandemic but New Warriors was the only book completely cancelled.

Maybe there might have been more Concern for Microbe had the New Warriors Freeform TV series took place.

https://www.slashfilm.com/550468/new...v-series-team/

To think we could have had Squirrel Girl and a proper Mr Immortal on live action...
    But I feel like Dwayne dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Not just the "far right." I'm a left-leaning centrist, and even I could tell that the wimpy writer wannabe who claimed to find the Warriors "intimidating" when he was a kid was Trying Too Damn Hard to be woke with his would-be new members.