Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How is Betsy the most boring character of the last twenty years if she was Psylocke 5 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There was no need to add "Laura Kinney" to that cover. My eyes work just fine.
    That’s going to be her branding now, just like MILES MORALES: Spider-Man, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    How is Betsy the most boring character of the last twenty years if she was Psylocke 5 years ago?
    Weirdly Remender was a very good Betsy writer. He and Bunn where the good ones for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This guy really said Betsy's been boring since 2004. This is real hating.
    Most of what they say is crap. Just another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    That’s going to be her branding now, just like MILES MORALES: Spider-Man, I assume.
    Yeah I think this is a branding thing for her in the new era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Betsy has been "boring" since "Tini"

all she need is a better writter and maybe ditch that Cap UK thing

Can we not? Pitting female characters against each other is so old.

On topic:

Ashley Allen:

Can officially announce that I'm writing a Blood Hunt one-shot with everyone's favorite girl MAGIK ⚔️

Super lucky to have @chushervas on the art and this sick cover by @RodReis

Get ready for some epic sword fights in June!

Enid Balám:

Yeah ! I’ll be drawing a Jubilee One shot!
    Wooden stakes !!

Stephanie Phillips:

July 17... Laura Kinney vs. Vampires. From myself and Robert Gill, with a killer cover by Björn Barends. It's very violent and very bloody. SNIKT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    My only guarantee right now is the Psylocke issue since i like the writer as well as the character. I love the rest of the girls, but will wait on previews.
    Oh definitely. Psylocke is definitely the standout here. Great writer, great character, new upcoming artist who is a woman with Japanese roots from what I could gather, Greycrow(!) and in story it's set in Japan too.
    Asian rep is still lacking in comics if we are honest especially when it comes to female characters so this really does look like a winner on all fronts from the get go. I mean as it says it's ninja vs vampires. You shouldn't expect anything too deep here but still.

Besides I hope Kwannon isn't just in Japan to spend her downtime with Greycrow. There is probably still some unfinished business to take care off. Covers can lie but those vampires are dressed like the typical Hand ninjas. That's probably not some coincide.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Oh definitely. Psylocke is definitely the standout here. Great writer, great character, new upcoming artist who is a woman with Japanese roots from what I could gather, Greycrow(!) and in story it's set in Japan too.
    Asian rep is still lacking in comics if we are honest especially when it comes to female characters so this really does look like a winner on all fronts from the get go. I mean as it says it's ninja vs vampires. You shouldn't expect anything too deep here but still.

Besides I hope Kwannon isn't just in Japan to spend her downtime with Greycrow. There is probably still some unfinished business to take care off. Covers can lie but those vampires are dressed like the typical Hand ninjas. That's probably not some coincide.
    I completely agree. My favorite part about Fallen Angels was the deeper look into Kwannon's history in Japan as an assassin. The death of her lover at the time, the separation from her daughter, etc. There's a lot there that can be explored with her returning.

Betsy nowhere in the solicits and the girls still can't help but to bring her up. That's power.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don’t really like vampires as antagonists in a superhero universe so I’ll probably pass on these. Good to see Psylocke and Greycrow are still together. I know covers lie, but I hope that isn’t Jubilee’s new costume, it’s really boring.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm not terribly familiar with most creative teams but I love all the characters here and I also enjoy a good vampire story... plus Steve Foxe on that Psylocke one-shot is the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    cant wait for he kwannon./psylocke one which will be awesome. Hopefully this is the first step in getting rid of the awful betsy braddock character who may be the most boring x-character in the last 20 years not mention when her captain britain character shows up sales fall off teh cliff for whatever book shes in. From the few tidbits im hearing big plans for psylocke in the brevort era x-men
    dafuq. i was wondering who they were talking about who said this AND it was YOU that said this.

You cannot be taken seriously ever again.

I'm surprised they're not giving Dazzler and Boom Boom one-shots. Then we'd have all the X-Terminators!

Cool to see Jubilee and Laura Kinney the Wolverine in the Blood Hunt trailer.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I completely agree. My favorite part about Fallen Angels was the deeper look into Kwannon's history in Japan as an assassin. The death of her lover at the time, the separation from her daughter, etc. There's a lot there that can be explored with her returning.
    Oh yes, those were easily the best parts of Fallen Angels. Unfortunately that book never quite came together for me despite an interesting premise and a good cast, but the pages delving into Psylocke's backstory were easily the highlight. I think Kwannon's ripe for exploration: her upbringing, joining the Hand, how she came into the service of Lord Nyoirin, how she met Matsuo... I would happily read a solo mini for all that, especially if Steve Foxe was writing it.