Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men: Blood Hunt One-Shots

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/20/x-...ots-june-2024/

“Across four X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT one-shots, see some of mutantkind’s most experienced and formidable heroes fight back against the ruthless vampire hordes: former vampire Jubilee; mystical expert Magik; ninja warrior Psylocke; and lethal former assassin, Laura Kinney the Wolverine. These standalone stories will deliver thrilling exploits that provide new insights into the vampire’s global reign, while also exploring the current circumstances these four mutant A-Listers find themselves in the wake of the Fall of the House of X.”

I know folks have been asking about what books will be coming out between the end of Krakoa and the relaunch. Here’s our answer, alongside the various Wolverine projects.

Steve Foxe is writing one and I’m curious to see whether he’ll be sticking around post-Krakoa.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-20-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Are you foxing kidding me. Steve Foxe writing PSYLOCKE!!!! You Kwannonlocke fans are sooooo lucky.

No Betsy one-shot when she has experience with the otherworld vamps.

Le sigh.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-20-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Are you foxing kidding me. Steve Foxe writing PSYLOCKE!!!! You Kwannonlocke fans are sooooo lucky.
    And with Greycrow! We’ve been starved of this pairing for so long.

Cool, thanks for posting!! I was hoping at least one of unannounced one-shots was X-Men related and here we have four!

X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – JUBILEE #1
    Written by PREETI CHHIBBER
    Art by ENID BALÁM

FANGS AND FIREWORKS!

Running from the past is one race you’ll never win – and as darkness suffuses the world, Jubilee’s past as a vampire is back to take a big bite out of her! It’s gonna take more than a couple plasma bursts to get out of this one, Jubilation…

X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – MAGIK
    Written by ASHLEY ALLEN
    Art by JESÚS HERVÁS

MAGIK RAISES HELL!

Illyana Rasputina has returned to her homeland to search her soul and steel it for what comes next. But how will she protect her first home when a vampire army descends on Russia, seeking to turn it into a living hell? She may have been forged in the fires of Limbo, but has it prepared her for the Blood Hunt?

Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by LYNNE YOSHII

NINJA VS. VAMPIRES!

After serving on the frontlines in the war against Orchis, Kwannon is enjoying some much-deserved downtime with her new lover Greycrow. But when darkness falls across Japan, Psylocke will wield her psionic blade against blood-sucking creatures of legend and faces a foe unlike any she’s ever seen. An all-new villain emerges in the mayhem of BLOOD HUNT!
    Last edited by JB; 02-20-2024 at 04:24 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – LAURA KINNEY THE WOLVERINE #1
    Written by STEPHANIE PHILLIPS
    Art by ROBERT GILL

LAURA’S BLOODIEST RESCUE MISSION YET!

The vampires will stop at nothing in their bid for supremacy, including capturing mutants for hellacious experiments to boost their own power. But not on Laura Kinney’s watch! The Wolverine slices a swath through the vamps, but when she encounters the truth behind their machinations, will an unlikely ally prove to be more than she bargained for?
    Last edited by JB; 02-20-2024 at 04:24 PM.

Ok so these are releasing in June and are taking place after the Fall of X in-story. I wonder if these are being edited by the new X-Office.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Seeing as Jubilee gets this one-shot… and is mentioned in the Free Comic Book Day preview… is it safe to assume she will make it out of ‘Dead X-Men,’ alive and well again? It seems, thankfully, like she is getting a TON of focus in the comics this year… likely due to X-Men ‘97.

One thing I wonder- will we see her with Shogo again?

Betsy Braddock gets a irrelevant webcomics with terrible art while the copy Kwannon gets a full one shot special to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Betsy Braddock gets a irrelevant webcomics with terrible art while the copy Kwannon gets a full one shot special to herself.
    LOL! It's getting so much positive feedback that Chris Hassan decided it needs its own X-Men Monday and the story is not even halfway done. It's all good though and I'm thrilled to be able to read Foxe's take on Kwannon!

I just remembered something. In Foxe's newsletter yesterday he called Dead X-Men his "swan-song series for the Krakoan era." I think that indicates that these are indeed part of the new era, or at least transitional. Hopefully that means he's staying in the X-Office.

BANNED

I like the look and sound of this mini already...

Ah, so they’re using a dumb crossover to pad out time to prepare the relaunch.

Spectacular Member

Can some **** just give us a well-written Colossus book?

Instead of this shite.

I didn't expect the new Marvel Vampire event to lead to a bunch of X-Ladies getting their own one-shots but I won't complain.

I mean, Laura finally gets a story! That's something. I guess Jubilee dealing with her vampire past makes sense.

Kwannon and Illyana visiting their homeland (Kwannon with a boyfriend in tow).

(Also I sense a yellow theme...outside Kwannon).

Very happy that Preeti gets a shot and it’s with Jubilee too. Great news!

No clue about Ashley Allen.

Foxe on Kwannon should be good.

Then we come to the end. Lovely Laura written by… damn it… Stephanie Phillips. Poor Laura, she can’t seem to catch a break. Now we get to wonder how Stephanie will get the character wrong, it will probably be in some new and unique way.