Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Was live action He-Man as powerful as other depictions?
    That continuity has appeared in some He-Man Multiverse crossovers. I haven't read them, but if they're canon there's probably an argument that he scales to the other versions somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Scorpion King just from the 2002 movie or can we use he's other showings from the other movies?
    Just the 2002 showing, not the half man/half scorpion from The Mummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    Just the 2002 showing, not the half man/half scorpion from The Mummy.
    No there's like 5 scorpion king movies can we use those?

Hmm, this is actually a little difficult because of the restrictions and there's a big numbers advantage for the enemy.

This thread realistically is more of an excuse to dig up links to scenes for me lol.

In this case I'm just going to define sword users as characters that prominently use a sword in at least 1 scene:

Team 1:

The Base of the Army:
    Main character of the movie Revenger: Pretty skilled dude though not enhanced in any way.
    The Northerner (Ip Man): Your standard arrogant martial arts movie antagonist 1, 2. Also hadn't realized, this is the same guy who played Ricky Oh in the brutal Story of Ricky live action film lol
    Cheng Yi (Eye For An Eye): Pretty skilled fighter. The trick with the alcohol might be some form of speed right? Honestly he's mostly just here for me to post this scene again

Mid tier:
    Yeonsoha (Shadowless Sword): 1,2, 3 Fairly middle of the road for this group but still quite skilled and can fly above the crowd with her wuxia stuff.
    Tang Long (Wu Xia/Dragon): Skilled, has at least one pressure point type attack, and can take a beating

High Tiers

Milly (Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle): A partially cyborg-form fighter who is less skilled and tough than some of the crowd here probably, but hits hard enough to dismember people with blunt nunchucks, and has both guns,a gun in her knee, guns in her nunchucks, and with her cyborg arms shecut swords apart, take blows that shatter concrete and rocket punch people, all with ludicrous gore. Close combat is a little dangerous since sh'e ostensibly human outside of the metal parts but she can play the ranged game for a long time potentially.
    Alita (Alita Battle Angel): Cutting power and a bit of regen/durability in her new form (the same attack in the beginning of this clip ripped her original robot body apart) to the table. Even without the Energy sword she was able to kick robots apart so with it she'll really be making mincemeat of the crowd and shrugging off a lot of the attacks she gets.

S-tier
    Nameless (Hero): Considerably faster and more skilled than the opposing force
    Qiao Feng (Sakra): He's skilled as hell, strong as hell, manifests flight and enhanced movement in all his fights can shrug off significant hits that send him flying and breaking stone and that's before we take into account his massive telekinetic qi type blasts. This movie was criticized as being basically only a thin disguise for Yen to do MCU style superhuman stuff which I can't disagree with but is worth it for these fight scenes for me heh
    Yoda (Star Wars): Laser Swords count right? Anyways, small target, fast and skilled, throws around Senate seats and lifts X-wings from the swamp, needs no introduction.

Team 1 is a stomp but I did want to get to 10 fighters lol. Probably just like, 1 or 2 of the S-tiers section could handle this challenge. The High Tiers and down have a decent shot too imo.

Alternatively:

Team 2:
    9 unremarkable people of any choice
    The Main Character of Mutant Ghost Wargirl who's name I can't remember: She's already way way faster than anyone here at the start of the movie, seeing the world in just about stopped time (and then amped up even more ludicrous lengths when the movie has her shown as basically teleporting around in that stopped time?). The substantial super strength and durability is really just a bonus on top of that. From then on she goes through not one but two instances of "I unlock my powers and blitz people who were clearly faster than me"

This is of course a ludicrous stomp even moreso than Team 1, since this character could probably step on the majority of the MCU who isn't super durable or a speedster like Makkari.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    - Huek-woon (Arahan)
    Ah, there's that name again

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The Bride with White Hair
    Ha, I only vaguely remember this one but she did some fun things iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think Snake Eyes would be a good addition to the team. Not many other sword users are going to show up with automatic weapons. It could certainly help thin down the 300 Spartans.

Also, Ash from Army of Darkness. He used a sword in that movie. He also comes with a chainsaw, shotgun, and he weaponized his car.

You said sword users. You never said the sword was the ONLY thing they got to use.
    Good outside the box picks
    Last edited by Postmania; 02-22-2024 at 12:08 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Alita (Alita Battle Angel): Cutting power and a bit of regen/durability in her new form (the same attack in the beginning of this clip ripped her original robot body apart) to the table. Even without the Energy sword she was able to kick robots apart so with it she'll really be making mincemeat of the crowd and shrugging off a lot of the attacks she gets.
    Nothing with a comic origin, so unless you’re drawing a rather tenuous distinction between manga and comics…
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Team 2:
    9 unremarkable people of any choice
    The Main Character of Mutant Ghost Wargirl who's name I can't remember: She's already way way faster than anyone here at the start of the movie, seeing the world in just about stopped time (and then amped up even more ludicrous lengths when the movie has her shown as basically teleporting around in that stopped time?). The substantial super strength and durability is really just a bonus on top of that. From then on she goes through not one but two instances of "I unlock my powers and blitz people who were clearly faster than me"

This is of course a ludicrous stomp even moreso than Team 1, since this character could probably step on the majority of the MCU who isn't super durable or a speedster like Makkari.
    I really love it when you pull some obscure movie out. Now I need to find this one to watch. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nothing with a comic origin, so unless you’re drawing a rather tenuous distinction between manga and comics…
    Oh I definitely am in this case barring a call from the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I really love it when you pull some obscure movie out. Now I need to find this one to watch. ^_^
    I should say in this case the movie is pretty awful. But the fight scenes are kinda fun
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Kenshin Himura from the live action version. Not supernatural but could wade through rooms of samurai with ease.

Wonder Woman from the DCU movies - significant sword usage.

If the Black Knight ever makes it into the MCU beyond a cameo.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 02-22-2024 at 09:17 AM.

Nice. I love arbitrary lines in the sand being drawn.

I should say in this case the movie is pretty awful. But the fight scenes are kinda fun
    Look, I brought up Hawk the Slayer. Nothing more needs to be said.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Kenshin Himura from the live action version. Not supernatural but could wade through rooms of samurai with ease.

Wonder Woman from the DCU movies - significant sword usage.

If the Black Knight ever makes it into the MCU beyond a cameo.
    No comics originated characters.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Yeah I count anime as comics in this one, just to make it a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    Yeah I count anime as comics in this one, just to make it a bit harder.
    So I'm guessing Manhua (chinese) as well?

Crap. Two of my characters started in Manhua.

Okay, I'm back down to using....

- Huek-woon (Arahan).

Hm. Will need to consider who I grab for my next one.

Okay, I throw in Yeh Cool Son from The Duel, and between the two of them that's all she wrote.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm going to go for overkill.

The T-1000 (It turned its arms into swords so it counts as a sword user)

Neo from that scene in the Matrix Reloaded where he fights the Merovingian's minions.

The Bride from Kill Bill

The Witch-King of Angmar from the Lord of The Rings Trilogy

Optimus Prime (He used a sword in one of the Bay movies and Transformers was originally based on a toy line)

Elder Vampire Viktor from Underworld movies

The Headless Horseman from Tim Burton's Sleepy Hallow (1999)

Violet Jat Shariff from Ultraviolet

The Kurgan from Highlander (Note that in this movie things like being shot didn't temporarily put down immortals. The Kurgan took bursts of machine gun fire to the chest and was still in fighting condition)

The Evil Ninja Spirit from Ninja 3: The Domination
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Master Cheeks from Halo the TV series.

Other than the names of characters, and the series, it has very little in common with the actual game and book franchise. Hell, the creators openly said they never played the games nor read the books. So, can I count him as a live action original? You know, to be the sacrificial meat shield for all the other characters?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The Evil Ninja Spirit from Ninja 3: The Domination
    Cripes, there's a blast from the past....
    Why are we here?