Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

And they wonder why their comics aren’t selling. Smh
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don’t disagree, but… well, Marvel and DC only push characters with multimedia presence. Otherwise they just work with whatever characters are already popular. And, like it or not, Mystique and Destiny are the most popular lesbian couple in Marvel comics. That’s why they’re getting a wedding special. Similarly, DC gives Harley and Ivy a lot of focus because they’re two characters that are already popular and are proven to sell.
    Mystique maybe but I don’t think Destiny even has a presence outside of comics much less her relationship with Mystique. Last time I remember her appearing in anything beyond the comics was X-Men Evolution. Harley and Ivy at least are well known characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Seriously?!? Bobby has been irking and insufferable ever since Brian Michael Bendis started writing New X-Men --
    [cut]
    -- right up to the point when he scripted Teen Jean pulling Bobby to the side to confront him about the fact that she saw in his mind that he was gay and that he was overcompensating by his self-realization.
    Not sure you got my reference right?
    I'm talking about the original Champions, 1975-1978. A way earlier than Bendis and New X-Men? :P

I don’t disagree, but… well, Marvel and DC only push characters with multimedia presence. Otherwise they just work with whatever characters are already popular. And, like it or not, Mystique and Destiny are the most popular lesbian couple in Marvel comics. That’s why they’re getting a wedding special. Similarly, DC gives Harley and Ivy a lot of focus because they’re two characters that are already popular and are proven to sell.
    It's always the "you focus on big(=already established) names because they sell but if you focus on big names, you don't give other characters the chance to break out and become bigger themselves, thus getting you forced to always use the same queer characters for your Pride-related issues/titles".
    I don't want to hijack a Marvel thread with DC content, but I think Midnighter/Apollo are a good example. They have plenty of chances to become DC's prominent queer couple (the first queer marriage in US-comics industry, the two character specific characterization, the kind of story you can write with them, them being basically the unhinged, NC-17 version of Super/Batman), yet they are taken out of the fridge just for the Pride issue (in 2022 they didn't made it into the Pride issue; I would take Orlando's Midnighter and Apollo mini over anything queer Marvel has published in thre last years).

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like to think that Destique would have a big wedding/ow renewel, mostly for love, partially to get free stuff, partially to rub their happiness in everyone's faces. Xavier will come and congratulate them for finding love, and Mystique will be all, "I'm sure you will be next, Xavier... Oh, you came alone? No date? That's a shame "
    Well, that's would be a plot twist I would definitely like to read!
    Last edited by Hakka84; 02-22-2024 at 04:02 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

BANNED

Wait... What!?! I don't go out of my way to read DC books but, are you saying that Harley and Ivy are currently a couple posied to be married as well?

Astonishing Member

After they get married I hope we see them murder a couple of X-Men and innocent civilians in this issue. Anti-heroes indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm talking about the original Champions, 1975-1978. A way earlier than Bendis and New X-Men? :P
    Yes, of course... Houston we've suffered a temporary communications breakdown
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-22-2024 at 07:04 PM.

"Be gay, do crimes", I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I would love to have this as a print.

Bobby's expression is priceless, that is a man who knows he's getting that good d later tonight.

I'm not particularly excited about Mystique and Destiny's wedding, but I don't have a problem with this bit of their history being revealed. I support women's wrongs.

Looking forward to finding out more about the other stories included in this, especially curious to see what Tate Brombal is writing.
    Bobby be puttin' that quick cold snap action on 'em!
    Mutant and Proud!

Mighty Member

Why is Destiny young? Better love story if she is old.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Why is Destiny young? Better love story if she is old.
    She is still an old bag, she's just been ressurected in her younger body.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post

It's always the "you focus on big(=already established) names because they sell but if you focus on big names, you don't give other characters the chance to break out and become bigger themselves, thus getting you forced to always use the same queer characters for your Pride-related issues/titles".
    I don't want to hijack a Marvel thread with DC content, but I think Midnighter/Apollo are a good example. They have plenty of chances to become DC's prominent queer couple (the first queer marriage in US-comics industry, the two character specific characterization, the kind of story you can write with them, them being basically the unhinged, NC-17 version of Super/Batman), yet they are taken out of the fridge just for the Pride issue (in 2022 they didn't made it into the Pride issue; I would take Orlando's Midnighter and Apollo mini over anything queer Marvel has published in thre last years).

Well, that's would be a plot twist I would definitely like to read!
    The problem I think with Midnighter/Apollo is precisely that they were created as edgy parodies of Batman/Superman. I loved Orlando's mini (one of the few DC things I ever read), but I'm not sure DC could push them ine the forefront, especially Apollo. But it's true we've had like 25 Wolverines and they have 56 Robins over there so redundancy shouldn't be a problem

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    She is still an old bag, she's just been ressurected in her younger body.
    So why don't characters like Magneto, Charles and any other mutant just resurrect themselves in their younger bodies? I guess none of the other characters want to be young again. Why hasn't Hank go back to his human form? It's just an odd unique choice.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    So why don't characters like Magneto, Charles and any other mutant just resurrect themselves in their younger bodies?
    They do. They all get resurrected in their prime.