Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yikes at these comments. Even if Destiny and Mystique are villainous and self serving, they are still technically the X-Men’s first ever LGBTQ couple in the pages (Despite Jim “Won’t allow gay people in comics unless they’re r*pists” Shooter’s editorial mandate) and deserve to display their love out in the open. Representation matters.

I thought they’re already married though? Are they renewing their vows or displaying this ceremony as a celebration being out and free to love each other despite having to conceal their love amongst the homophobic views of the past?

And it’s only a cover but if there’s an actual ceremony, Rogue better have a large role standing up in the wedding with Kurt.
    They’ve been out in the open this entire era, and as you mentioned have been referred to as a married couple. They’ve also been interesting non-monogamous rep.

My issue isn’t with the couple existing, it’s with the performative advertising of this as a celebratory occasion, when none of the other characters on that cover would even want to celebrate them other then their kids (who they’ve neglected, manipulated, mistreated, etc.).

Maybe I’m just hyper aware of the cash grabs Marvel tends to do around Pride, but it just doesn’t seem right to put such a deeply toxic couple on a pedestal and then go, “See? This is the representation you wanted right? Now hand over $10 dollars.”

^^^Cosigned

This is almost as random and forced as Northstar's wedding was

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ^^^Cosigned
    Same here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I get why this exists and why Gillen is writing it, it's their love that literally brought down the entire Krakoan experiment.

If the two biggest idiots kept a better eye on Mystique and stopped her from getting Destiny resurrected things would be much different.

So to cap off this era with their marriage is quite poetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    They’ve been out in the open this entire era, and as you mentioned have been referred to as a married couple. They’ve also been interesting non-monogamous rep.

My issue isn’t with the couple existing, it’s with the performative advertising of this as a celebratory occasion, when none of the other characters on that cover would even want to celebrate them other then their kids (who they’ve neglected, manipulated, mistreated, etc.).

Maybe I’m just hyper aware of the cash grabs Marvel tends to do around Pride, but it just doesn’t seem right to put such a deeply toxic couple on a pedestal and then go, “See? This is the representation you wanted right? Now hand over $10 dollars.”
    This, plus there's nothing wrong with joking and pointing out the absurdity of the situation. Especially since many of the people here joking about it are openly queer. We know the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Awww. Good to see that the pair of dopes whose unsanctioned assassination attempt on Moira that turned her into a murdering extremist who nearly killed their species, are finally being rewarded with a happy ending! Those two always fail upwards.
    Honestly, with Marvel's consistent ability to turn any loving relationship into a living hell, watch them get cursed with even more relationship troubles after this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Still not feeling Destiny looking more like Kitty Pryde

Carol Danvers is at the wedding? CAROL.FREAKING.DANVERS? I am convinced now that no editor at Marvel has read a comic published before 2015, and I think I am being generous.

It's illegal to not emphatically support any and all [definitely not performative and exploitative] displays of LGBTQIA+ representation! All of your IP addresses have been recorded and will be uploaded to search and destroy drones.

Thank you for choosing Disney[not that you had a choice]!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

This^^^^^^

Extraordinary Member

My eyes rolled as hard as anyone's reading that solicit and looking at the cover, but we all know Marvel marketing and covers lie.

I am also very confused about how Marvel wants to present Mystique and Destiny. They have been antagonistic, self-serving, murderous villains for almost the entirety of the Krakoa era, but now they must be celebrated as heroes?

BANNED

Literally a long time coming lol

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I am also very confused about how Marvel wants to present Mystique and Destiny. They have been antagonistic, self-serving, murderous villains for almost the entirety of the Krakoa era, but now they must be celebrated as heroes?
    Magneto works with the good guys now as well. Strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My eyes rolled as hard as anyone's reading that solicit and looking at the cover, but we all know Marvel marketing and covers lie.
    Yeah especially considering the connecting covers for the Tony and Emma wedding. There wasn't even such a wedding.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Not Bobby stealing Noh-Vars man…..