Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    So Bobby was especially irking and insufferable in the Champions runs because he thirsted on Hercules? Right?

Seriously?!? Bobby has been irking and insufferable ever since Brian Michael Bendis started writing New X-Men --

-- right up to the point when he scripted Teen Jean pulling Bobby to the side to confront him about the fact that she saw in his mind that he was gay and that he was overcompensating by his self-realization.

Last edited by Micabe; 02-22-2024 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I really wish I could upload the Nene Leakes gif that sums up the way I feel seeing Carol Danvers at a wedding for Mystique and Destiny.

Disney truly has no shame.
    This is Carol’s punishment for losing them millions of dollars at the box-office.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No one cares Herc cheating on Noh lmao
    Yeah but Bobby cheating on Romeo?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yeah but Bobby cheating on Romeo?
    They're open.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    They're open.
    After Herc, I'm sure Bobby is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    After Herc, I'm sure Bobby is.
    *insert Lucille Bluth's Good for her gif*

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    So Bobby was especially irking and insufferable in the Champions runs because he thirsted on Hercules? Right?
    Yes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yes

pps...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This right here. You can tell they really wanted that headline of Marvel’s first, “woman-to-woman wedding,” but then quickly realized they haven’t given any of their heroic WLW couples nearly enough page time or development to justify a wedding issue.
    They didn't let that stop them with Northstar and Kyle. They literally launched an Alpha Flight(vol 4) series with the intention of marrying them when Kyle had only appeared in two prior comics issues(Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 #508 & Nation X Vol 1 #2). Alpha Flight was cancelled after only eight issues so they quickly rushed them to the alter after Northstar joined the cast of Astonishing X-Men in issue #48, where he married Kyle in issue #51.

I remember gay people who were checking out the comics after all the media hype and wanting to know more about Northstar and Kyle's 'storied romance' and Kyle had only made 12 comic book appearances before marring Northstar.

Lol, you can't make this stuff up.

I'll applaud if their wedding is just a cover for them to try and murder everyone attending.
    I like to think that Destique would have a big wedding/ow renewel, mostly for love, partially to get free stuff, partially to rub their happiness in everyone's faces. Xavier will come and congratulate them for finding love, and Mystique will be all, "I'm sure you will be next, Xavier... Oh, you came alone? No date? That's a shame "
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like to think that Destique would have a big wedding/ow renewel, mostly for love, partially to get free stuff, partially to rub their happiness in everyone's faces. Xavier will come and congratulate them for finding love, and Mystique will be all, "I'm sure you will be next, Xavier... Oh, you came alone? No date? That's a shame "
    and Then Mags appears. with Storm and Polaris by his side.

Fantastic Member

What you say is impossible is exactly what's happening. Retconning Kurt as Raven and Irene's kid? Great. Trying to retcon Raven into a caring mother beset by the patriarchy? Come off it, Marvel, especially when she and Irene backstab each other and everyone else at the drop of a hat. Giving them top Pride billing? Horrible idea. I'll applaud if their wedding is just a cover for them to try and murder everyone attending.

Northstar is an ass but he's a good person. That's the sort of compelling character you highlight, not the socio-sapphists.
    I didn’t read X-Men blue, so that’s sad. I never got the sense with sgillen that they were anything other than what they were/used ti be.

And I really, really, truly hate agreeing with those complaining about woke culture. But these specials are just insulting hineslty.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    They didn't let that stop them with Northstar and Kyle. They literally launched an Alpha Flight(vol 4) series with the intention of marrying them when Kyle had only appeared in two prior comics issues(Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 #508 & Nation X Vol 1 #2). Alpha Flight was cancelled after only eight issues so they quickly rushed them to the alter after Northstar joined the cast of Astonishing X-Men in issue #48, where he married Kyle in issue #51.

I remember gay people who were checking out the comics after all the media hype and wanting to know more about Northstar and Kyle's 'storied romance' and Kyle had only made 12 comic book appearances before marring Northstar.

Lol, you can't make this stuff up.
    Man, I picked that up cuz I was like "Northstar's back and he's getting married."

Also things are so bad that Northstar and Kyle have more setup than most of the active yuri couples at Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I didn’t read X-Men blue, so that’s sad. I never got the sense with sgillen that they were anything other than what they were/used ti be.

And I really, really, truly hate agreeing with those complaining about woke culture. But these specials are just insulting hineslty.
    Well, Raven and Irene being who they are to each other is not worth me dropping $10.00 just to see their latest narrative play out... I'll read it off the shelf and put it back first. Besides, I blame Raven for Orchis and the Hellfire Gala massacre and thought they were already married after seeing how Raven when on about wanting her wife resurrected even though she was well aware of the Krakoan law concerning Precogs.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-22-2024 at 08:24 AM.

I'd rather DC pushed Apollo & Midnighter than Harley & Ivy.

Destiny & Mystique's relationship seems more and more toxic since Marvel finally allowed them to come out, and they're horrible people who hurt everyone around them (including each other) for their own selfish ends. Phyla-Vell & Moondragon and Rictor & Shatterstar are positive and loving couples, the type that should be headlining an obvious Pride celebration/cash grab issue, not the sapphic sociopaths. Holding up Destiny & Mystique as a suitable couple (queer or otherwise) to receive this kind of honour and its attendant media focus is misguided. The Avengers and FF showing up to support the merry murderesses is even more laughable, and I hope that's just covers lying as usual. Are the heroes showing up next year for the Pride edition wedding of Juggernaut & Black Tom?

TL,DR: Destiny & Mystique should be a couple but shouldn't become the poster children for Marvel's queer representation, even for one issue.
    I don’t disagree, but… well, Marvel and DC only push characters with multimedia presence. Otherwise they just work with whatever characters are already popular. And, like it or not, Mystique and Destiny are the most popular lesbian couple in Marvel comics. That’s why they’re getting a wedding special. Similarly, DC gives Harley and Ivy a lot of focus because they’re two characters that are already popular and are proven to sell.