Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The way I understand the copy, this is just this year’s pride special and the wedding is just one of several stories. The cover is just a cover and not indicative of the actual story. Not sure why it seems to be a problem for so many, it’s the same marketing tactics they typically use. That Dauterman cover looks great, would like to see it in higher quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Carol's "yikes!" Face has me laughing so hard.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hopefully this ends as well as the hellfire gala did.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah especially considering the connecting covers for the Tony and Emma wedding. There wasn't even such a wedding.
    There was a wedding, just not how people expected it to be. And if anyone thought it would be, it was on them as half the X characters were either dead or otherwise detained elsewhere

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Kurt being there officiating is a given and Rogue being a Maid of Honour is a must but I really don't see any of the other X-Men attending and being happy for the couple.

All in all...I'm grateful for Marvel helping me save some money in June (so far I'm not buying anything) so that I'll have more disposable cash for the relaunchings in July.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-21-2024 at 09:58 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Again, I think you’re all underestimating how much queer fandoms love to root for baddies.

Anyway, the solicit sounds like it’s going to be a flashback to the pair’s original wedding, whenever that occurred. I’m 99 percent sure the cover is fully symbolic. Have we learned nothing from the Emma/Tony wedding?
    Last edited by Dipter; 02-21-2024 at 10:07 AM.

It may be symbolic but it's still trash and wrong. Nobody there (except for Kurt and Rogue) will ever be happily attending that particular wedding.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Still not feeling Destiny looking more like Kitty Pryde
    I miss Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson Destiny and Mystique as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The way I understand the copy, this is just this year’s pride special and the wedding is just one of several stories. The cover is just a cover and not indicative of the actual story. Not sure why it seems to be a problem for so many, it’s the same marketing tactics they typically use. That Dauterman cover looks great, would like to see it in higher quality.
    That's what is seems like hence the variant cover, but the solicit looks like it is it's own thing.

I typically like supporting the Voices book because I believe all the creators are of whatever minority is being covered, as well as spotlighting that minority characters.

I do find it odd Marvel wanting to spotlight villains in such a way but I do love this couple.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I'm one of those Gays who love Mystique and Destiny as a couple...I absolutely do not care about their wedding/being married. I'm just not the type of Gay who gets all giggly and ki-ki over EVERYthing gay-related and hyped especially in the superhero genre.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    "most beloved couple"????

They're gutter trash murdering villains.. If the FF and Avengers are there, hopefully it is to arrest them.
    This.

What the heck is even going on at Marvel. It’s an even bigger slap in the face that it looks like Kurt is officiating the wedding.

How in the world did we get to a place where the X-Men not only have mass murders on their teams but also having them openly condone them?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The covers lie and I don't think anyone there is going to attend the wedding (maybe Rogue and Kurt).

Maybe it's a secret wedding set in the past.

But I agree, the marketing sucks.

Ok I didn't see the Dauterman alternate cover. I NEED IT.

From the article Marvel posted it seems like there's a wedding in the past and vows renewal actually happening at the present.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-voices-pride

If Pyro and Avalanche aren't in this (and aren't each other's dates), I will have lost all faith in this world.

OK, but Bobby and Herc, when?