Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Is nobody going to talk about Sam's massive forehead?

I think Beto did some editing to Sam's resurrection protocol requests, adding a "9 inch modification" but didn't specify.

So now that we know Doug is just a clone with Sinister inside of him, is it too obvious for him to be traitor? Or will it be Rasputin IV? Once she finds out Xavier has been lying to her. Or maybe it's Xavier himself? Deemed a traitor for being willing to destroy Krakoa in order to defeat Enigma?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel like every time I read more the more confused I get
    When you combine time travel, alternate realities and cosmic cosmology hierarchical concepts it was inevitable. I'm surprised the authors can keep some of this stuff straight.

I'm still enjoying this but it's getting way too convoluted. And having Sinister be this much of a universal big bad that has other cosmic constructs shook is a bit much, as it's soooo far from his initial concept that it just feels inauthentic and ultimately unsatisfying for me. I'm ready for Jean to incinerate this mess and just move on.
    Last edited by Saturius; 02-21-2024 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    So now that we know Doug is just a clone with Sinister inside of him, is it too obvious for him to be traitor? Or will it be Rasputin IV? Once she finds out Xavier has been lying to her. Or maybe it's Xavier himself? Deemed a traitor for being willing to destroy Krakoa in order to defeat Enigma?
    I dunno why a Sinister Doug Clone would be kept alive to be imprisoned after Krakao. Doug exists, so does the normal Sinister in the pit, no reason to keep this one alive especially if it betrays everyone. Xavier, Rasputin or the real Doug are more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It happened off panel. I guess Charles needed Sinister for this mission and decided a clone of Doug would be the best cover so Rasputin didn't chop his head off.
    Do we know that Doug is a clone? Since he was trapped in Krakoa, is it possible that Sinister was able to exert his influence through the pit?

Honestly, I liked the issue.

Confusing? Nah, they have left a couple of open-ended questions for now, but the big picture is very clear to me so far.

It probably helps that I don't suffer from any allergies to Sinister-related content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do we know that Doug is a clone? Since he was trapped in Krakoa, is it possible that Sinister was able to exert his influence through the pit?
    He's literally calling himself a clone on the page. Briefly but explicitly.
    Last edited by Souther; 02-21-2024 at 09:27 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    When you combine time travel, alternate realities and cosmic cosmology hierarchical concepts it was inevitable. I'm surprised the authors can keep some of this stuff straight.

I'm still enjoying this but it's getting way too convoluted. And having Sinister be this much of a universal big bad that has other cosmic constructs shook is a bit much, as it's soooo far from his initial concept that it just feels inauthentic and ultimately unsatisfying for me. I'm ready for Jean to incinerate this mess and just move on.
    I'm pretty sure it will read better in trade, but if you haven't been reading from the beginning of Gillen's arc it's gonna get dicey.

Speaking of trade, I saw that this and Fall will be collected together, I wonder then when will these two intersect?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    He is a clone. Sinister even mentions he added telepathy to the clone. I'm guessing the real Doug is still trapped in the Pacific Krakoa (or on the run with Tree-Krakoa?)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Because he will not win.

Mutankind will win - Krakoa will win but not Xavier
    No…I will win because after May this crap will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    Honestly, I liked the issue.

Confusing? Nah, they have left a couple of open-ended questions for now, but the big picture is very clear to me so far.

It probably helps that I don't suffer from any allergies to Sinister-related content.

He's literally calling himself a clone on the page. Briefly but explicitly.
    Must’ve missed it! Read the issue pretty early and it was definitely a text heavy read.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will read better in trade, but if you haven't been reading from the beginning of Gillen's arc it's gonna get dicey.

Speaking of trade, I saw that this and Fall will be collected together, I wonder then when will these two intersect?
    They technically just did. Those last few pages with Moira are from the present, during the X-Men invasion. Which I'm guessing we'll see more of in FotHoX #3.

He is a clone. Sinister even mentions he added telepathy to the clone. I'm guessing the real Doug is still trapped in the Pacific Krakoa (or on the run with Tree-Krakoa?)
    Hahaha. TreeKoa.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It happened off panel. I guess Charles needed Sinister for this mission and decided a clone of Doug would be the best cover so Rasputin didn't chop his head off.
    I think it’s the other way around. Xavier needed Doug’s skills but was unable to find him on Krakoa, so he had to resort to a Sinister lab clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is nobody going to talk about Sam's massive forehead?

I think Beto did some editing to Sam's resurrection protocol requests, adding a "9 inch modification" but didn't specify.
    Or Silva just remembered the big head that young Sam had back in the 80's.

0283703ecb769e7e808ccd916c4e09ee.jpg
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 02-21-2024 at 09:45 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

They technically just did. Those last few pages with Moira are from the present, during the X-Men invasion. Which I'm guessing we'll see more of in FotHoX #3.
    dangg you're totally right, I have to reread again