Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Because her powerset is perfect for the mission as Steve Foxe has said. And with her on the cover of X-Men: Forever #2 her connection to Jean/Phoenix/WHR seems to also be important.
    Okay, that sounds good... But, I guess we'll see how killing Moria before her X-Gene activates and Kevin not being born affects Krakoa and Arrako in general and the current timeline as we know it because I've got bupkis.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-22-2024 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Wouldn't going back in time and '86ing Moira Kinross MacTaggert before her X-Gene activated destroy any chance of Kevin MacTaggert being born?
    Yup and given the panel about Moira telling Xavier how to make a super powerful mutant from either of their genepools, this would likely prevent the Legion's birth as well. But Xavier will fail, never fear.

Astonishing Member

I’m behind on my Marvel cosmology but isn’t the damage done to the WHR incredibly bad for the entire Multiverse?

Surely its enough of a mess that Eddie Brock’s more responsible future selves should be all over this if the Beyonders are blind to it, and the other Dominions should be too?

On the other hand, Enigma seems to have co-opted the web of life and destiny if he’s using Sentinel-Spider fusions to watch the timelines

BANNED

@king of hybrids, I haven't got my copy yet, but might you be referring to Rise of the Powers of X #2?

Didn’t like this issue as much as the first one. Felt needlessly convoluted and I found it a little boring honestly. The art, however, was sublime. Please give Silva a flagship book in the next X-era!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Didn’t like this issue as much as the first one. Felt needlessly convoluted and I found it a little boring honestly. The art, however, was sublime. Please give Silva a flagship book in the next X-era!
    He needs to be on a Cable title, where we can go all sorts of futuristic

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    He needs to be on a Cable title, where we can go all sorts of futuristic
    Too much to hope for… but maybe X-Force featuring Cable again in the Brevoort era? It’s possible I suppose. Bishop66 teased that he heard some exciting things about their plans for X-Force, but didn’t drop much more than that. Fingers crossed…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m behind on my Marvel cosmology but isn’t the damage done to the WHR incredibly bad for the entire Multiverse?

Surely its enough of a mess that Eddie Brock’s more responsible future selves should be all over this if the Beyonders are blind to it, and the other Dominions should be too?

On the other hand, Enigma seems to have co-opted the web of life and destiny if he’s using Sentinel-Spider fusions to watch the timelines
    There's too many Marvel 'protectors' if we go outside this comic franchise, for it to make any sense.

One would imagine that Enigma's shenanigans would prompt the Spiderverse, the Council of Reeds, Captain Britain Corps, etc to be somewhat aware.
    Heck, Kang or Immortus should want to intervene as well since time is being mucked up.

Madame Web, Peter Parker, and Doctor Octopus would handle Enigma faster than Lorna finishes her coffee.

Engima has left the X-men get this far as they are directly involved in the cause and effect that would lead to it's creation, Mr Sinister and Mother Righteous used the present day mutants in their attempt, Stasis uses the present day persecution of mutants by Orchis for his attempt. Everywhere else he is not that vulnerable and is presumably able to strut it's stuff a bit more. Someone should probably tell Galactus that something that is afraid of him and the Phoenix Force Force alone is in dire need of eating though.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

If Ewing was writing this I think we’d be getting some of those wider connections (in an interview Gillen even said there were parts of this he thought Ewing should right), but I think Gillen is trying his best to honor the original PoX while incorporating his Sinister lore.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I'm starting to lose interest in this. It's getting boring and more boring.

Can someone please explain to me Rachel's Team again and their purpose? I'm lost.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 02-23-2024 at 12:14 PM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I'm starting to lose interest in this. It's getting boring and more boring.

Can someone please explain to me Rachel's Team again and their purpose? I'm lost.
    Her 'Dead X-Men' had to find a timeline* where the powerless Moira had not already been killed and transferred into a robotic body, so they could get all of her memories in order to track the place she would be in this timeline right before she gains her powers.

* they were jumping around the realities that existed from all of the Moira's that Sinister created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    So if killing Moira is plan 2, what could be plan 3 threat could threaten all reality and possibly worse than Enigma itself?
    Creating an eviler Dominion to take out Enigma?
    I have been wondering about something like this. Given that Xavier backed up most of the collective minds for mutant kind digitally to allow for resurrection, why not use that to build a mutant Dominion (or how the CotV and Stasis were going to take over a Dominion and upload themselves) or incorporate themselves into a pre-existing Dominion. Why not just one-up on Sinister and all the other predatory super-AI out there?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-23-2024 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I have been wondering about something like this. Given that Xavier backed up most of the collective minds for mutant kind digitally to allow for resurrection, why not use that to build a mutant Dominion (or how the CotV and Stasis were going to take over a Dominion and upload themselves) or incorporate themselves into a pre-existing Dominion. Why not just one-up on Sinister and all the other predatory super-AI out there?
    Still pretty sure that a Xavier Dominion was on the table at some point. Gillen kinda ruined it in SoS though.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    So if killing Moira is plan 2, what could be plan 3 threat could threaten all reality and possibly worse than Enigma itself?
    Creating an eviler Dominion to take out Enigma?
    I assume that's why Sinister is helping, he's pushing Xavier to make a Dominion, to coopt that attempt at the right time, he can't help but do otherwise.