Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Pretty good issue if a bit confusing. I really wish Gillen was also writing Fall of the House of X. This series is much better than Duggan’s.
    RB Silva is incredible, I’m really sad he’s not completing this mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Pretty good issue if a bit confusing. I really wish Gillen was also writing Fall of the House of X. This series is much better than Duggan’s.
    I'm glad he is only writing one. I actually got Fall of X 2 and enjoyed it so will most likely get 3. No interest in Rise except for the comments here. Gillien's whole run has just been one fight after another against mutants. Eternals, themselves, sinister. But i have to say the man has had his goal in sight since his first words written and hasn't let up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

I have no issue with Xavier's plans or true intentions, the man is attempting save all of mutantkind and reality in general. So he's keeping certain things from Rachel, it's because she likely wouldn't go along with the plan and there is no other option in his mind. Moira is too far gone to listen to anyone and even if she would Enigma has them cornered with literally no escape. I think Rachel is being naive in her thinking, this is the end of the road for them but she's being an optimist. Funny thing is many people are praising the X-men for becoming more ruthless and doing what needs to be done for the sake of their survival, making the hard choices. Well isn't that what Xavier is doing? I guess for some it's the fact that he's keeping certain information to himself, wasn't that the chief complaint in the past? He didn't tell anyone about Moira so that was bad but when he finally told Emma she got buthurt at being left out of the loop and promptly told Mystique who then went after Moira which eventually lead to where we are now. The guy can't win no matter what. Of course for the sake of the story Xavier's plan will fail and he will be seen as being in the wrong. I forsee Rachel, Rasputin, Hope and others turning on him, even Magneto is coming back to dunk on him. So yeah Xavier is about to take a big fall, ostracized, exiled, shunned, etc. It's too bad, the man never got deserved praise or appreciation for giving mutants Krakoa. Yes Mags and Moira contributed but Xavier was the driving force behind it. From the beginning it was let Emma become president or let these people run the QC, no one ever said thanks Charles. And now he's about to take a massive L, par the course for being the X-men's whipping boy the past decade plus.

Astonishing Member

Would be somewhat ironic given his son, if Xavier at some point comes to the conclusion that he has to take himself out, so Moira X can never beginn even step 1 of her plan or journey.

If memory serves it was in her second life via seeing an interview of Charles on TV that she even became aware of what mutants are and that she could be one herself. With the only reason she didn't allready interact with him then being that she died in a plane crash. Hence why in life 3 she threw herself into researching the cure and meeting Destiny and so on.

So given that Xavier seems to have been in quite a lot of self doubt and guilt recently, he might come to such drastic plan.

Then again nothing of HOX/POX is reliable information anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Enigma consumed another Dominion in the first issue. It wants to be the Dominion of all Dominions, devouring/ruling everything.
    And then Rachel comes in with the phoenix force and goes Merlin vs. Madam Mim on the Uber Diminion by rapidly releasing the individual minds that make up the hive, until it unravels from internal contradictions and individual thoughts.

"I'm in your gestalt killing your doods."

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It seems like the initial solicits that came out may have been wrong. The actual solicit in the Previews book shows Silva as doing the art for issue 5. Marvel should officially be releasing the full solicits today so we’ll see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I have no issue with Xavier's plans or true intentions, the man is attempting save all of mutantkind and reality in general. So he's keeping certain things from Rachel, it's because she likely wouldn't go along with the plan and there is no other option in his mind. Moira is too far gone to listen to anyone and even if she would Enigma has them cornered with literally no escape. I think Rachel is being naive in her thinking, this is the end of the road for them but she's being an optimist. Funny thing is many people are praising the X-men for becoming more ruthless and doing what needs to be done for the sake of their survival, making the hard choices. Well isn't that what Xavier is doing? I guess for some it's the fact that he's keeping certain information to himself, wasn't that the chief complaint in the past? He didn't tell anyone about Moira so that was bad but when he finally told Emma she got buthurt at being left out of the loop and promptly told Mystique who then went after Moira which eventually lead to where we are now. The guy can't win no matter what. Of course for the sake of the story Xavier's plan will fail and he will be seen as being in the wrong. I forsee Rachel, Rasputin, Hope and others turning on him, even Magneto is coming back to dunk on him. So yeah Xavier is about to take a big fall, ostracized, exiled, shunned, etc. It's too bad, the man never got deserved praise or appreciation for giving mutants Krakoa. Yes Mags and Moira contributed but Xavier was the driving force behind it. From the beginning it was let Emma become president or let these people run the QC, no one ever said thanks Charles. And now he's about to take a massive L, par the course for being the X-men's whipping boy the past decade plus.
    Honestly this is the most I’ve enjoyed Charles in a long time. Whether right or wrong I love seeing him taking action and a leadership role. Having focus on him at the end of era feels so right.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I got you. Rocking one of Betsy's former signature poses lol

I like the costume better now that we've seen Silva's version of it. I like that she and Xavier both have that vertebrae detail on their looks.
    Am I the only one who thought the "vertebrae detail" looked like a nod to her rattail? This outfit looks great and also reminds me of a modern and fetish version of her Excalibur costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the "vertebrae detail" looked like a nod to her rattail? This outfit looks great and also reminds me of a modern and fetish version of her Excalibur costume.
    Nope, you're not because I thought that was her hair as well. That artist needs some refinement. Rachel looks like a flat-assed Bowery thug!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Would be somewhat ironic given his son, if Xavier at some point comes to the conclusion that he has to take himself out, so Moira X can never beginn even step 1 of her plan or journey.
    Now this would be a pretty awesome twist

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I frankly saw more people complaining about that, but people are gonna read what they wanna read.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

If memory serves it was in her second life via seeing an interview of Charles on TV that she even became aware of what mutants are and that she could be one herself. With the only reason she didn't allready interact with him then being that she died in a plane crash. Hence why in life 3 she threw herself into researching the cure and meeting Destiny and so on.

So given that Xavier seems to have been in quite a lot of self doubt and guilt recently, he might come to such drastic plan.

Then again nothing of HOX/POX is reliable information anymore anyway.

And then Rachel comes in with the phoenix force and goes Merlin vs. Madam Mim on the Uber Diminion by rapidly releasing the individual minds that make up the hive, until it unravels from internal contradictions and individual thoughts.

"I'm in your gestalt killing your doods."
    Honestly an alliance of Rachel, Jean, Hope and Madelyne bitting the **** out of an army of Sinisters would be lovely.

Fantastic Member

So if killing Moira is plan 2, what could be plan 3 threat could threaten all reality and possibly worse than Enigma itself?
    Creating an eviler Dominion to take out Enigma?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    So if killing Moira is plan 2, what could be plan 3 threat could threaten all reality and possibly worse than Enigma itself?
    Creating an eviler Dominion to take out Enigma?
    This just reminds me so much of The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier, where they solved the problem by just psychically commanding the parents not to produce the kid in the first place.

Why do they not go back and kill Essex himself?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This just reminds me so much of The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier, where they solved the problem by just psychically commanding the parents not to produce the kid in the first place.

Why do they not go back and kill Essex himself?
    They allude to that in the issue by saying Enigma might not want them going back to the 19th century, so it's crossed their minds. That, and the arachnid Sentinels are guarding that path along the timeline anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Given that Rachel announces that the team has succeeded and the issue ends with Xavier heading to the past, does this issue take place before, during, and after Dead X-Men? It feels strange to have both set up the premise for and spoiled the ending of a mini that’s only had one issue released across just a few pages.

Another thing I found jarring about this issue is how much it both relies on and undermines the concept of a Dominion. It exists across all time and space, but Xavier can hide from it and it can’t see the No-Place and Moira can limit where it can go in time, but oh, now it can go to the No-Place. The storytelling feels a bit haphazard.
    She's referring to the mission in Dead X-men #1

Loved the colors but this wasnt the best art from Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No. I thought it WAS her rat tail at first
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-22-2024 at 11:40 AM.